• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Neot

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2009
    South County
    They condensed the pay scale to max out at 22 yrs and you'd be in the ballpark of around 95,000 as an officer. If you get promoted you're making well over 100k a year with not even a drop of overtime. You're guaranteed to get at least a 1/2 hr of OT pay now for roll call time that was never given before.
    It may be a boring job but its a good paying one that you're not going to ever get laid off from. There will always be a need even if the job isn't the most exciting.

RobMoore

The Mad Scientist
    Feb 10, 2007
    QA
    ...and every few years, if you're a good boy, you get to take a break from watching paint dry and join a specialized unit.

bgs1614

Feb 12, 2009
    physical requirements

does anyone know what they mean by "good physical condition" ?

I'm a little overweight, but I also have an MBA and a clean background.

Papi4baby

WWJBD
    May 10, 2009
    California
    does anyone know what they mean by "good physical condition" ?

I'm a little overweight, but I also have an MBA and a clean background.

I would guess, be able to do at least 40 push ups, 50 or 60 situps, and pull ups.

And run 1.5 miles at a minimum under 15 min, maybe less time.

Drew1340

Nov 30, 2010
    AA county
    What is the starting salary? Just out of curiosity, I didn't see it on the website, and not sure if I would ever want to leave my gig in the fire department, but sometimes it is nice to think about what else is out there...

Neot

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2009
    South County
    Not anymore. My roommate is part of DCNG and he's UD.

Not sure what starting pay is off hand probably low to mid 50's or so I'm guessing (don't have the paperwork in front of me) but they were given the okay to hire at more with this new bill that passed.

sandbanger

how's it going eisenhower
    Dec 14, 2010
    Ive done contractor training at their location in beltsville quick off of 295. It wouldn't be bad but remember the Uniformed Division will use you as a "armed security guard"

sandbanger

Dec 14, 2010
    This or the US Cap Police would bore most guys to death within six months of the starch wearing off.

plus 1 million
    though USCP training facility is cheltenham is the best i''ve seen since i left the service, I love the fact they even mocked the senate steps with the dips in the middle. the 14ft oak doors, they spent an ass ton of money on it, which makes it that much more fun to shoot it uo with sim rounds:D

sandbanger

Dec 14, 2010
    Funny, one MUST pass this but not the Chimp in Chief himself who would NOT qualify for anything more then a low level confidential clearance. His coke use would have disqualified him at the 'print your name" line.

"Candidates must be U.S. citizens and must submit to urinalysis screening for illegal drug use prior to appointment. All Secret Service positions require a top secret security clearance."

whats a low level confidential clearence? s. ts, ts/sci, sci ci poly, sci fs poly, scifsp yankee white.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    It's good to see that even law enforcement officers can be capable of bashing other law enforcement officers.

Apparently some forms of LE are more "real" than others. :rolleyes:

Do you guys even know how many Secret Service officers and agents there are around this forum? Let me clue you in.....it's more than a couple.

Neot

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2009
    South County
    Anyone know if waivers for eyesight exist?

Not that I know of. If you have Lasik or something of the sort they have some paperwork that you need to fill out. I'd call the local field office and ask for a recruiter to talk to about it if you're interested in a position.

Kchen986

aka "SWAT" =P
    Oct 12, 2008
    Not that I know of. If you have Lasik or something of the sort they have some paperwork that you need to fill out. I'd call the local field office and ask for a recruiter to talk to about it if you're interested in a position.

Will do. Thanks for the response.

GTOGUNNER

IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 16, 2010
    Carroll County!
    My kid has gone as far as the polygraph for UD. Hopefully he will move further in the process. Its been about 7 months from application till now.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    It's good to see that even law enforcement officers can be capable of bashing other law enforcement officers.

Apparently some forms of LE are more "real" than others. :rolleyes:

Do you guys even know how many Secret Service officers and agents there are around this forum? Let me clue you in.....it's more than a couple.

Unless it has changed, being a Capitol Police Officer does not qualify as "Law enforcement experience " when applying for a federal position. Not sure why that ever came about. I guess someone pissed of a Congressman.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom