Retired Cmmdr of MSP Licensing Division: O'Malley, Brown kidding themselves w FSA2013

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dgtaurus

Feb 17, 2011
    Pasadena
    To be honest I think the only thing that guys in charge will say is we need more laws than. They wont be happy until they ban them all. They dont care what the law is just that it makes the headlines and their name is next to it. They just need crap to say look what I can do so they can continue to stay in power. Good on him for speaking the truth but the dbags in power dont give a...

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    To be honest I think the only thing that guys in charge will say is we need more laws than. They wont be happy until they ban them all. They dont care what the law is just that it makes the headlines and their name is next to it. They just need crap to say look what I can do so they can continue to stay in power. Good on him for speaking the truth but the dbags in power dont give a...

See this is the kind of detail I mean. And how may I ask, is the term dbags in power going to get undecided voters to give us a fair hearing?

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    Actually this is a double edged sword. But because he wrote it they will ignore it anyway.

No more details in public.:-) :-)

I agree on all accounts.

The one thing I will say is that most antis don't even know what a 9mm handgun or double barreled shotgun is, so they will not be able to undertstand that bot of those are still legal and not banned by FSA2013.

I agree with the author, in that FSA2013 is just more feel good legislation for a problem that goes much deeper than merely banning certain firearms and requiring a license to purchase others.

Me, I thoroughly believe that the entire 2nd Amendment debate is to keep people from debating the real issues, and the main ones are education, jobs, and the economy. I just got back from a PTA meeting and the Board has a capital expenditure budget of $87 million and no clue where the money is going to come from because the state is cutting back on education funding and the county does not have the money either. Mind you, we are the 3rd richest county in the nation. Have to wonder how education is going to be funded in Baltimore City and PG County.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County

Thanks for the heads up. Made my night. Speaking truth to power.

At the same time, it is a certainty that a certain AG candidate will attempt to expand the footprint of the FSA. Sadly ironic because (1) it won't reduce existing crime as the op-ed writer assails and (2) such actions will harass those and infringe on the rights of those most concerned with not breaking laws.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    He failed to mention that the legislation in fact put a huge number of AK and AR type weapons into the hands of Maryland citizens who would not have purchased them under normal circumstances. The unintended consequence of the bill resulted in bringing about exactly what it was intended to prevent.

Maybe it's a good thing our legislators are not very bright.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    I'm not going to fall all over myself giggling that this is a win for our side.

The letter is about 1/3 "this law and it's ilk will do nothing in part because these firearms are the least-used in crimes". However, it is 2/3's "you can still walk out the door of any gun store with a scary military-style assault weapon the same day with long-lasting high capacity magazines".

If you think anti's, liberal-Democrats and hand-wringing Oprah-watchers are going to read it any other way I believe you are deluding yourself.

It's a really nice road map as to what they should do next however, plus a nice reference to an authority on why the current laws "don't go far enough".

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    I'm not going to fall all over myself giggling that this is a win for our side.

The letter is about 1/3 "this law and it's ilk will do nothing in part because these firearms are the least-used in crimes". However, it is 2/3's "you can still walk out the door of any gun store with a scary military-style assault weapon the same day with long-lasting high capacity magazines".

If you think anti's, liberal-Democrats and hand-wringing Oprah-watchers are going to read it any other way I believe you are deluding yourself.

It's a really nice road map as to what they should do next however, plus a nice reference to an authority on why the current laws "don't go far enough".

+1 Whose side is this retired LEO on, anyway?

And yes, I realize the pols probably already know this, but having liberal public figuring it out and starting to call the pols about it can only lead to more restrictions, especially in this state.

frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013
    HBAR's and AR10's are 3000.00, so the average person won't be buying them.

(shhhh!)

once you ban guns all killing will stop SMH, fuel oil and fertilizer or box cutters had no part in the largest killings on or off American Soil

Claybreaker 2

Aug 25, 2013
    Frederick County
    I am disappointed that he spent most of his letter discussing the "bad laws" but failed to explain "the true causes of gun violence" that he references in his next to last sentence. I am glad that this may weaken Brown, but I fear that Mccauley may be among those looking for more anti-gun legislation/bans rather than addressing the economic and social issues that often lead to gun violence. Disarm the law abiding, I'm sure the criminal scum will respect that and leave them alone. :sarcasm:

Afrikeber

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Urbana, Md.
    The average citizen that chooses to ignore or dismantle the 2nd Amendment will not bother to open their mind to what this retired MSP Commander is saying. Instead they will see this letter as a roadmap to where they need to go. Citizens who embrace the 2nd Amendment and are concerned about the constant attempts of infringement see this as a validation of what is occurring in this country. I see this as a validation of how the mainstream media failed to utilize the 1st Amendment as was intended by reporting unbiased and true facts as this MSP Commander describes when this was evolving during the legislative process when this bill was being discussed and ultimately passed. The media never reported the thousands who came to Annapolis against this bill, the media never provided the real data showing this bill was an appeal to ignorance. Sadly our citizens failed to check the facts and accepted what was glazed over or reported inaccurately. This scares me worse then any gun will ever scare me. An ignorant society, media that fails to tell the truth and politicians that have no problem telling lies is a very dangerous combination indeed.

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    That article is a mess.

Comes across as advocating for adding to the banned firearm list and going after possession of standard capacity magazines.

Ends with this:
    We are not addressing the true causes of gun violence. Maryland's efforts to reduce gun violence by passing a very poor piece of legislation are out of focus.

As though doing the above will address "the true causes of gun violence".

Excuse me, but the true causes of gun violence have nothing to do with what's available for use. While it may be true that total eradication of firearms (however unrealistic that is...) would prevent "gun" violence, it most certainly wouldn't prevent other forms of violence.

Why don't we ban spoons and forks to prevent people from being overweight?

And we all know there is no way those politicians that stand there with armed body guards telling us we shouldn't have the ability to keep and bear arms would ever give up their firearms.

When I consider the sheer ignorance of people who support the ridiculous notion that banning guns will save them, this image says it all...

Attachments

• image-536329048.jpg
      image-536329048.jpg
      44.8 KB · Views: 1,420

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads