• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    I swapped routers recently and forgot that I was no longer using Google's DNS. Now that I've switched to it, doesn't appear to be making a difference.

Google's DNS is 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4, correct?

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    Same here. Very laggy and herky-jerky since last night. Frequent timeouts, especially when previewing and posting.

hdgglock19

hdgglock19
    Jan 3, 2010
    havre de grace
    Up until the time I decided to post this comment my speed was horrible. Seems to have fixed it self as of now though, being as though it will actualy allow me to reply! before now the reply box didn't show on my screen or my connection times out and the page won't show seems to be back up on my end! From HDG harford county

Rockzilla

Ultimate Member
    Feb 6, 2010
    55.751244 / 37.618423
    Still sluggish if you use an Comcast based IP here in Fred-neck, but fine from a 77.247.xxx.xxx range, 95.79.xxx.xxx range and no I haven't modded my host file or anything else, it's also slow / sluggish using a few Verizon IP ranges..noticed this for the last 3 days...needed my "fix" of Md-Shooters ;)

-Rock

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    MDS been fine for me .. i wish i could say the same for verizon dsl.. (been knocking my connection regularly past couple of nights).

organized_mayhem

Legend in my own mind
    Been doing some experimenting. Seems to be really lagging on almost every page when using Firefox. I also tried with IE and Chrome and found them to work with less lag. It was still there but not on every page. It might be like every 5 or 6 pages, but not nearly as bad as with Firefox.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    MDS still slow and jerky here, with timeouts whenever previewing a post or posting. I'm on a fast Comcast connection. Just tried IE and it's as slow as Firefox. Other websites are zippy as usual.

Midgettem1

Jarhead
    Jun 7, 2011
    NOVA
    I've been getting lags and time outs for the past two days. This site only, doesn't seem to matter what browser I've been using.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom