• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • atblis

Ultimate Member
    May 23, 2010
    Nice! Two people with similar excellent taste.

Grand Power. I've seen people comment that it looks like a cheaply made pistol. Quite the contrary. Lots of precision machined high quality steel in that pistol. Great triggers too. Accuracy is superb.

The CZ Kadet. CZ pistols are not a secret anymore, but the Kadet doesn't seem to get the attention it deserves. I've been jumping and yelling about about this one for years. Sig Mosquito and P22 are a joke compared to the Kadet (there is a price difference though). You can get the Kadet as a pistol by itself, but it's a better deal to do the conversion kit. CZ needs to make a tactical version with an extended threaded barrel.

OrbitalEllipses

Ultimate Member
    Jul 18, 2013
    DPR of MoCo
    I agree about the CZ75. But since the late 80's early '90s, they've gone way up in price. I prefer the earlier model 75 anyway. Mine was a Czechoslovakian import And cost $350. I've not seen anyone mention Star yet, but the model BM and BKM in 9mm were very inexpensive and 100% reliable. I had the all steel BM.

Edited to ad: cost... less than $200 with 2 spare mags

With the inflation, $200 in the early 80s is about the MSRP of the CZ-75 currently. That said, I wouldn't call them a best kept secret - at this point they're a fairly well known secret.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    With the inflation, $200 in the early 80s is about the MSRP of the CZ-75 currently. That said, I wouldn't call them a best kept secret - at this point they're a fairly well known secret.
    This times a million. The CZ-75 is just not a secret anymore. Maybe it was a couple decades ago.

navyis2

im a grown ass man
    Oct 10, 2013
    Lexington, KY
    I feel like CZ still falls into the secret category. Those in the gun community hear about them, but even then the percentage of owners is much lower than sig, glock, or other service pistols. They just never seem to garner the same attention the other wonder 9s do.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    I feel like CZ still falls into the secret category. Those in the gun community hear about them, but even then the percentage of owners is much lower than sig, glock, or other service pistols. They just never seem to garner the same attention the other wonder 9s do.

Yup, when I mentioned my cz some people ask me who the manufacturer is. They think cz is a model name is something...

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Eh, hammer-fired steel guns have fallen out of favor in general. Ask for a 9mm, it's gonna be a Glock 17/19 or M&P9 that gets recommended.

But it's also a little disingenuous to ignore the huge numbers of C-75 clones and derivatives out there. Taken as a whole, there's quite a few of them out there. Maybe you haven't heard of the CZ-75, but a whole ton of people are gonna be hearing out the Jericho 941 when it starts rolling out from IWI-US in a marketing blitz.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    But it's also a little disingenuous to ignore the huge numbers of C-75 clones and derivatives out there. Taken as a whole, there's quite a few of them out there. Maybe you haven't heard of the CZ-75, but a whole ton of people are gonna be hearing out the Jericho 941 when it starts rolling out from IWI-US in a marketing blitz.

:lol2::lol2::lol2: Are they bringing back the 41 AE, too?

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    .40 and .357SIG were there instead :(

I'd love to shoot some .41AE sometime though just to say I did it.

Got mad love for my 941
    CameraZOOM-20140329161535679.jpg

Long1MD

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2013
    Too far gone
    Ruger LC9s Pro

Compact enough to carry daily

Great trigger

Reliable

Under $450 all day long

9mm not 380

Not much of a secret, but shoots as well as my $1k+ pistols

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    If CZs weren't a secret then more gunshops would actually carry them. The first thing I ask in every shop is "where are the CZs" and they rarely have any.
    Eh, the decision to stock or not stock an item often has more to do with margins, ability to move the item quickly, and concerns about future support requests. That last bit is more important than some people realize - having to ship back a gun on the store's own dime eats margin, and the shop is really screwed if they have to do it more than once.

Plus, if the dealer margin is less than $60 to begin with, why bother stocking it? Just have the customer order from their favorite online dealer and the store will make just as much (arguably more, since there's less inventory and support costs). I assume this concept isn't advertised because stores love people who come in and impulse buy the higher margin stuff.

atblis

Ultimate Member
    May 23, 2010
    And yet when someone mentions wanting a 9mm, every service sized 9mm is mentioned except the CZ :innocent0
    I've actually noted completely the opposite. Just did a quick search on some gun boards, and CZs were always recommended within the first few posts.

I think the problem with CZ's popularity is having things in stock. They don't seem to be the best about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom