• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Omega21

Nov 27, 2010
    Traveling MD
    On the MSP list of approved handguns, the SP-89 is not listed. I seem to recall it's specifically banned by name on some list of evil firearms. Can anyone verify? I just found a smoking deal on one, but don't think I can take advantage of it.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Banned by name as an 'assault pistol'.
    Yep. It has been banned for a couple decades now. Stupid, but here we are... it's the same law that prevents me from buying an Action Arms Uzi pistol.

Only way to get it is to have the receiving FFL do an SBR or AOW conversion to it (basically making it an MP5K) before transferring it to you, which would involve engraving it and lowering its value. Unless this is the smoking hot deal of the century, it's probably not worth it.

bobthefisher

Durka ninja
    Aug 18, 2010
    Definitely not where you are!
    Original HK9x rifles and the SP89 pistol go for premo bucks! The cheapest of the set is the HK93, for which I own one, and it alone cost me $2500 three years ago. The HK91 is more around $3500, and the HK94 (civilian MP5) is probably around $5-6k, with the SP89 hovering around the same if not more.

If the conversion was done professionally from HK94 to MP5 / SP89 to MP5k, and remarked beautifully, I don't think it would hurt the value all that much. But that's just me.

Sgt6402

Jan 21, 2008
    md
    Original HK9x rifles and the SP89 pistol go for premo bucks! The cheapest of the set is the HK93, for which I own one, and it alone cost me $2500 three years ago. The HK91 is more around $3500, and the HK94 (civilian MP5) is probably around $5-6k, with the SP89 hovering around the same if not more.

If the conversion was done professionally from HK94 to MP5 / SP89 to MP5k, and remarked beautifully, I don't think it would hurt the value all that much. But that's just me.

If we could still buy Original Factory HK 9x series weapons in Md. You could do much better than these prices if you are patient and search. Those prices are High and more like Gunbroker prices. $3500 for an HK 91, Better be NIB including outer cardboard box with matching serial numbers...........

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom