• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mallow

Pro-2A
    Dec 11, 2011
    Harford County
    Senator Nancy Jacobs just posted on Facebook that Obama might be coming to Annapolis next Wednesday...not confirmed but possible.

Omnipotent

Semper Fi
    Jan 10, 2013
    MoCo
    Of epic porportions.....he needs to manage the Federal government and leave the states to do their own business and clean up their own messes.

Just5Guy

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Carroll Co.
    Ha, MOM getting scared, calling in reinforcements. Typical, silence the dissension any way you can, including shutting down Annapolis for the day due to presidential visit.

CHUNKERMD

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2009
    West MD

"VIP Notice - Annapolis Maryland."

Notice Number: NOTC4556

Notice: Expect VIP movement February 06, 2013 in the vicinity of Annapolis, Maryland. Pilots can expect airspace restrictions in conjunction with this VIP movement.........

csanc123

Ultimate Member
    Aug 26, 2009
    Montgomery County

"VIP Notice - Annapolis Maryland."

Notice Number: NOTC4556

Notice: Expect VIP movement February 06, 2013 in the vicinity of Annapolis, Maryland. Pilots can expect airspace restrictions in conjunction with this VIP movement.........

Oh crap crap crap crap. WE NEED SOME NEWS OUTLETS on our side. This is pure BS.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    If the rally shuts down due to Obama's interference, don't forget to still show up for the hearings.

TxAggie

Ultimate Member
    Feb 25, 2012
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    If the rally shuts down due to Obama's interference, don't forget to still show up for the hearings.

My concern is he will show for the hearing. Remember, he just signed a new executive order giving the Secret Service the authority to label groups "hostile" on the spot and restrict their movement and location with respect to their protectee.

This could be bad in epic proportions. We need NATIONAL coverage of this, especially after how things went in Baltimore last night.

jtb81100

Ultimate Member
    May 28, 2012
    Western HoCo
    Maybe some of our pro 2A reps can publicly state that any VIP visit during the public hearings would put undue pressure on them. Invite him back on the 8th if he wants to address pro gun people.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    Its my understanding Maryland has open hearing laws so Obama cannot shut out the pro 2a people by showing up.

If they do try that, I agree we have to get the courts and the news involved.

RedWolf762

Jan 18, 2013
    Freedom
    My concern is he will show for the hearing. Remember, he just signed a new executive order giving the Secret Service the authority to label groups "hostile" on the spot and restrict their movement and location with respect to their protectee.

This could be bad in epic proportions. We need NATIONAL coverage of this, especially after how things went in Baltimore last night.

If SS brands us "hostile" on the spot they can order us away from anywhere Obama decides to be... Including but not limited to OUR STATE HOUSE!
    This is a new low for OMalley AND Obama!:mad54:

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    So, I don't understand, How could POTUS showing up stop the rally/hearing?

USSS security protocols would limit who is permitted within their security perimeter for the VIP involved. If Obama visited either Lawyers Mall or the State Senate building, it could throw a monkey wrench into the process of signing in for and delivering testimony to the hearing.

ETA: these are my thoughts based on a visit Bush made to my company headquarters years ago and the security checks we had to go through to even sit in the bleachers in our warehouse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom