• ...and so much more!
  • metalman3006

Gun Hoarder
    Sep 6, 2007
    Church Hill, MD
    http://www.dsarange.com/calender.html

March 29, 2009 Sunday

Battle Rifles RR 8:00AM - 2:00PM
    First match of the year! Set-up at 8 am, match begins at 9 am. 3 Position: Standing, sitting/kneeling, and prone. 48 total rounds at 100 yds. All classes: Bolt rifle; M1 Garand; AR15; 30 cal. carbines(M1,SKS, M14. NO AK47). Iron sights ONLY.
    Posted by: Jim Pileggi

There is an entrance fee but its a lot of fun.

metalman3006

Gun Hoarder
    Sep 6, 2007
    Church Hill, MD
    They have a bias against the ak47. But the main reason I am told is that they feel like there is alot of "non shooters" that went out and bought an "AK" and they come there and start blasting away. As a member they have no problem when I shot mine at non events.

DD214

Founder
    Apr 26, 2005
    St Mary's County
    They have a bias against the ak47. But the main reason I am told is that they feel like there is alot of "non shooters" that went out and bought an "AK" and they come there and start blasting away. As a member they have no problem when I shot mine at non events.

Ah, a bunch of grumpy old men who are afraid of pistol grips. I wonder if they would allow an FAL? ;)

jorjohn11

Feb 26, 2006
    Anne Arundel County

March 29, 2009 Sunday

First match of the year! Set-up at 8 am, match begins at 9 am. 3 Position: Standing, sitting/kneeling, and prone. 48 total rounds at 100 yds. All classes: Bolt rifle; M1 Garand; AR15; 30 cal. carbines(M1,SKS, M14. NO AK47). Iron sights ONLY.

How is it fired? 19 rounds per position? Prone twice? Timed fire, slow fire?

rummy

Jan 11, 2008

(sorry in advance for those of you who aren't FUDDs and d-bags, but...)

wanna run a course with "battle rifles"??? have some chi-coms and arabs popping rounds back at their fat, retired, bench-restin butts. :mad54:

"sportsman", pfft, who needs 'em.

DD214

Founder
    Apr 26, 2005
    St Mary's County
    I think you should look at this page of theirs, particularly the photos, before you cast any more dispersions.

http://www.dsarange.com/battlerifle.html

Hey, I was just kidding around with my posts. It is their range and they make the rules. It just seemed odd to me that an SKS would be okay but not an AK. The reason given, that too many noObs went and bought AKs, doesn't seem legit either, as I'm sure many, many more noObs went out and bought ARs, which are allowed. Whatever. In the end I don't really care either way.

JSW

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2008
    Bryansville, Pa.
    (sorry in advance for those of you who aren't FUDDs and d-bags, but...)

wanna run a course with "battle rifles"??? have some chi-coms and arabs popping rounds back at their fat, retired, bench-restin butts. :mad54:

"sportsman", pfft, who needs 'em.

talk to us in thirty years

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    Hey, I was just kidding around with my posts. It is their range and they make the rules. It just seemed odd to me that an SKS would be okay but not an AK. The reason given, that too many noObs went and bought AKs, doesn't seem legit either, as I'm sure many, many more noObs went out and bought ARs, which are allowed. Whatever. In the end I don't really care either way.

I wasn't trying to give any personal direction (to paraphrase you, it's your site and you make the rules (please don't gay-up my avatar)). I was trying to preserve a sense of fellowship in case any of these guys read MdS. It's great that they allow outsiders to attend their events (I'm assuming that's the case and why it was posted here) and I'd hate to see that changed because they felt they were given a bad, and undeserved, rep.

As to the no-AK thing I'm going to take the Occam's razor route. If they say that's why, absent any reason to the contrary, and evidenced by the fact that they have no EBR, or FAL or SKS, etc. bias, I'm going to believe them.

JeepDriver

Self confessed gun snob
    Aug 28, 2006
    White Marsh

March 29, 2009 Sunday

First match of the year! Set-up at 8 am, match begins at 9 am. 3 Position: Standing, sitting/kneeling, and prone. 48 total rounds at 100 yds. All classes: Bolt rifle; M1 Garand; AR15; 30 cal. carbines(M1,SKS, M14. NO AK47). Iron sights ONLY.Posted by: Jim Pileggi

Why Iron's only?

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    Why Iron's only?
    We have four classes of rifles that we currently shoot. They are in Military, or National
    Match configuration, we try to emphasize "Iron Sights" to keep the playing field level.
    You may have something not mentioned, but feel free to contact us, we'll see if we can fit
    you in.
    CLASS 1: M1 Garand, our favorite, the reason we started Battle Rifles. Issue or match
    trim, 30.06, or .308
    CLASS 2: Vintage Military Bolt Action Rifles. Issue or match, Examples of riles... 1903,
    1903 A3, M1917, Enfield , Mauser, Mosin Nagant, K-31, Arisaka. NO SPORTERIZED
    HUNTING RIFLES.
    CLASS 3: Magazine fed .30 calibers. Issue or match. Examples...M14, M1-A, FAL, HK
    91, G3, AR-10, M1 Carbine, Hakim, SKS
    CLASS 4: Magazine fed .223/5.56 calibers. Issue or match. Examples... AR-15, HK.
    Subcategory for scoped rifles.

You should Post this info on the Calender!

By the way how much for the entry fee?

got this info from the calender they had posted on the site...

March 29, 2009 Sunday

First match of the year!
    Set-up at 8 am, match begins at 9 am.
    3 Position: Standing, sitting/kneeling, and prone.
    48 total rounds at 100 yds.
    All classes: Bolt rifle; M1 Garand; AR15; 30 cal. carbines(M1,SKS, M14. NO AK47).
    Iron sights ONLY.
    Optional military pistol/revolver side match after rifle match. Bring 2 mags and 14 rounds.
    Cost is $10. and $5. for each add'l rifle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom