• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    All good, still a great price. I never thought to look on Ebay for them. Next time I will. Thanks for the idea.

I went looking for my receipt and found it. I bought them from a Black Star Surplus in Oklahoma. I went to their web page and their prices have jumped a bit. 12 cans, Grade 2 shipped to my house is $180. That's $15 a can.

I've also noticed that eBay prices are up a lot from a few months ago. I guess, now that ammo is becoming available, people need a place to store it.

I still stand by my comment about the shipping being excessive, but it's looking like the final cost isn't too bad. I just hate when a vendor sells something for a good price, but then makes up for it by charging too much.

I can still get Grade 3 for less, but they're a gamble. You never know what you're getting.

Arcamm

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Try this; goto UPS.com and see what it costs to ship a box the size and weight of an ammo can from someplace to your zip. See what the price is. I did. It would cost me $12 to ship a can from Gaithersburg to Mt Airy. If I use my commercial account that would drop to about $8.00.

I haven't tried USPS.com yet.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Mine was delivered via UPS. Something else I noticed about the ad. It doesn't disclose the condition or Grade. If these are Grade 3, this isn't much of a deal. I'll call them tomorrow while we're all closed off to the rest of the world.

I'm just saying...
    Jim Smith

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I just got off the phone with Natchez and the guy told me that they don't grade them like others do, no #1, 2, 2A, or 3. He did describe them as having some rust and scratches, so my guess is these are #3 grade.

Did anyone receive their ammo cans yet?

Thanks!
    Jim Smith

TapRackBang

Cheaper Than Diamonds
    Jan 14, 2012
    Bel Air
    My cans from Natchez have arrived. I ordered 10 on Tuesday, received them on Thursday.

They were well-packed and delivered to my door for $10.75 each. Some do have a tiny bit of rust and some scratches but I really don't care. They are for storing ammo in a closet, not displaying on the fireplace mantel. The insides are all clean and dry and the rubber seals are in excellent shape.
    The pics are before any cleaning. They cleaned-up very nicely.

If you are within economic driving distance of Chevellenut71, definitely buy cans from him. If not, hard to beat the Natchez deal delivered to your door.

Attachments

• IMG_1641_1.JPG
      IMG_1641_1.JPG
      20.8 KB · Views: 54
    • IMG_1642_1.JPG
      IMG_1642_1.JPG
      22 KB · Views: 51
    • IMG_1643_1.JPG
      IMG_1643_1.JPG
      15.2 KB · Views: 53
    • IMG_1644_1.JPG
      IMG_1644_1.JPG