• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • One Wire

Jul 25, 2012
    i have to ask does anyone own one these rifles by hi point? are they worth the $275 (tax tag and title) investment? I think I kind of want one or two. thanks for the feedback.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    I would say so, not the best guns ever but a simple, functional carbine if you are in a jam.

Wendigo

Hungry
    Mar 31, 2013
    Reisterstown
    I have a 995 classic, 9mm. Accurate, reliable, and inexpensive. And ugly, but that's part of the charm :)

If you ever have a problem with it, call the company and they will fix it or send you parts that you want. I wanted to scope mine, called them up and they sent me their "rail" plus extra mounting plates, screws, and "tools". All free of charge.

I've definitely got my eye out for another one if a good deal comes along. But I like the classic look, not really into their new style stock.

mckraut

Apr 14, 2009
    Abingdon, MD
    Get your hands on one and really go over it, I bought one and sold it within a month because I wouldn't stand the build quality.

mark71211

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2012
    Edgewater
    I got a 9 and would get another one in .45. It was the first gun I ever bought and it'a been a good little gun to me now almost 20 years.

71Chevelle427

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2015
    B'More County, Maryland
    I got a 9 and would get another one in .45. It was the first gun I ever bought and it'a been a good little gun to me now almost 20 years.

I also have my first rifle, a 995TS, which is 9mm, and would grab one in .45 if I saw it locally and as cheap as I got this one for...My sons and I like mine so much that we shot it 2500 rounds (in 3 months) before having a problem, which was a broken firing pin spring. They sent me a "firing pin kit", which included two new springs and a new firing pin, free and no questions asked. Lifetime warranty.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    Cant beat that^^^

I gotta think about grabbing one. Can't justify the cost difference with a cx4 or even a sub2k.

Would be nice if they took different mags though...

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    Heck yeah Hi Points are worth it!

Sean and I have put his Hi Point against $1000 Colts, $800 Berrettas, and a $5,000 H&K and the Hi Point will hold its own.

Were getting ready to put my 4595 up against a Kriss Vector and a Thompson M1. My money is on the Hi Point hanging with the big money guns

[YT]2Q1hR14xxN0[/YT]

[YT]6VTLK3rScB8[/YT]

[YT]GTm52RoTOsY[/YT]

[YT]l6yKcewrHCc[/YT]

71Chevelle427

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2015
    B'More County, Maryland
    Cant beat that^^^

I gotta think about grabbing one. Can't justify the cost difference with a cx4 or even a sub2k.

Would be nice if they took different mags though...

Agree on the mags, but at $17 a piece direct, with free shipping it's just some more thumb work, LOL...

These guys like them too. ;)
    Held it's own, easily, against a $1,000 Colt...:innocent0
    https://youtu.be/GTm52RoTOsY

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    Another Yes. Got the 995 TS for $301 OTD at a Lebanon gun show. A tack driver. Fun to shoot, cheap, durable, lifetime warranty, lots of accessories and I've always wanted to say 'I have a Hi Point!' :D

j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek
    Did Someone Say Hi Point...Again????

Yes, One Wire, HP carbines are a lot of fun in all calibers. $275 is about the going rate these days.

They are fun and accurate pistol caliber carbines with a lifetime warranty. Are they fugly junk? Some say so. The Hooligans generally refer to them as "Monkey Guns". And we've been known to shoot HP's often:

Personally I have four. Two 9's, a 40 and a 45. Very few range days happen when it least one doesn't come out to play.

:party29:

Attachments

• HP Carbines - 4 DSC03255.jpg
      HP Carbines - 4 DSC03255.jpg
      73.3 KB · Views: 509

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rifleman