• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    HPRB August 4, 2015 Meeting Thread

This is for discussion and possible planning purposes.

6776 Reisterstown Road (South tower entrance) Central Hiring Unit Conference Room (first floor) Baltimore, Md., 21215

Last edited:

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Woopsie...you are both correct.

MODS, a little help with the Intro line please.....

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    It probably would be a good idea to RSVP to Ms. Street, too. They'll eventually pull the "You're not on the list" Jedi mind trick.

Amanda Street <astreet@dpscs.state.md.us>

Applehd

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 26, 2012
    Bump...

I just wanted to bring this one back to life. I'm sure the next meeting will be as interesting as the previous.

Applehd

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 26, 2012
    There is no indication that the meeting is cancelled, so it being the first Tuesday of September... I would say this thread is ok.:thumbsup:

Even in the event of a cancellation, this thread is still ok.:thumbsup:

It may be good to pay attention to the DPSCS website for the HGPRB as the last meeting went into closed session for Admin. purposes to discuss the possibility of a change of venue. The Board must post changes publicly in a reasonable amount of time as to notify the public. Sounds as though some of the Board members might want to spread the "love" around the State a bit.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    There is no indication that the meeting is cancelled, so it being the first Tuesday of September... I would say this thread is ok.:thumbsup:

It may be good to pay attention to the DPSCS website for the HGPRB as the last meeting went into closed session for Admin. purposes to discuss the possibility of a change of venue. The Board must post changes publicly in a reasonable amount of time as to notify the public. Sounds as though some of the Board members might want to spread the "love" around the State a bit.

Boy oh boy did the members want that taken care of, lol.

Applehd

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 26, 2012

I enjoyed the look the Chairman gave when one member said "...and to vote on a Vice Chairman."
    As if giving the noose a lil' tug tighter...:innocent0

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012

Perhaps they don't like the present location unless they are carrying?:rolleyes:

Or maybe they hope they can move it to someplace where there are no MDS members to attend?

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013

Rockville is tame. County office building has many nice board rooms and is open at night.

Bonus, you can visit confederate in a box..

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    I enjoyed the look the Chairman gave when one member said "...and to vote on a Vice Chairman."

As if giving the noose a lil' tug tighter...:innocent0

Never seen his head snap up like it did then, haha!

Perhaps they don't like the present location unless they are carrying?:rolleyes:

Or maybe they hope they can move it to someplace where there are no MDS members to attend?

At least one member has a permit. At least two members have pressed for the positive changes we're seeing and are the leading charge behind the MSP overturns. They are not trying to avoid the public, and at that, they'd be in violation of the OMA just like how things were before...

Seriously though. The two I'm speaking of flipped shit when they realized minutes weren't at all available before.

The chairman has not been amused...

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    At least one member has a permit. At least two members have pressed for the positive changes we're seeing and are the leading charge behind the MSP overturns. They are not trying to avoid the public, and at that, they'd be in violation of the OMA just like how things were before...

Seriously though. The two I'm speaking of flipped shit when they realized minutes weren't at all available before.

The chairman has not been amused...

Actually it is a good sign. I suspect some of the members realized "They" were the ones supposed to decide on location as probably the previous move was presented to them as a fact accompli. I imagine there have been a whole lot of phone calls and emails flowing since the new members came on board and started asking hard questions.

Any HPRB members reading this keep up the good work.:thumbsup:

I just checked and a Google search for "Maryland Handgun Permit Review Board" points right to MDS threads. With quotes it is the first hit and without quotes it is number 4.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    No one has seemed at all happy with the current location. The accommodations are decent, but the blighted surroundings are hard to ignore...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom