• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GUNSnROTORS

nude member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 7, 2013
    hic sunt dracones
    Brian "Mooseman" Buck, R.I.P. I know your fellow Hooligans will miss you terribly, as will the rest of your Maryland Shooters brothers and sisters. Many of us regret never having met you in person. Prayers for family, friends, and us.

He is risen.

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    About 9 this evening I received a call from Mooseman's wife. She informed me Buck had passed away about 7 tonight from a heart attack. She asked me to inform our Hooligan group and his friends.

We don't know details of his service arrangements yet, but will post further info as we get it.

In what would be Buck's last Private Message to the Hooligan's he sent this PM to us about 5:30 PM today. It's a stark reminder how short life can be and how it can be gone so quickly!

:sad20:

RIP, Mooseman. Friends like you do not appear every day.

Like Buff7mm... I'm still in shock!

I read about this in another thread this morning. The Carroll County Crew is currently in the process of making plans to get together with the Hooligans this May (2nd annual). We will have to give Mooseman a proper MDS sendoff when we meetup with the Hooligans this May. MM, you will be truly be missed.

CnC

Ultimate Member
    Nov 3, 2012
    I just read the other thread and now this one, dammit this is awful news. RIP Mooseman.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Rest In Peace Mooseman . Condolences to family, friends , and Hooligans.

We had PM'd , regret not being able to meet in person.

Dave

Ultimate Member
    Jul 10, 2008
    Gamber, Marylanistan
    I never met Brian, but have read plenty of his posts over my years on here, and he seemed like a truly great man. He will be obviously be greatly missed. RIP Brian.

webb297

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2010
    Bowie
    Moose's posts were always reasoned and informative (except when they were funny). He had a way of arriving in a thread and settling it down a bit. We are all made better by having had the pleasure of his presence on this board, and those who knew him in person, even more so.

On a personal note, I lost my Father this way 3.5 years ago. It is hard to have had your last conversation, not knowing it was goodbye. The consolation is, he was a very good man, who made a positive difference in many lives. This is what we should all aspire to do.

Rest In Peace MM, you are missed.

j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek
    Update

I spoke with Mooseman's wife Cheryl a little while ago. It's very hard for her right now as you can imagine.

Buck's services will be at Adams Family Funeral Home in Cumberland on either Tuesday or Wednesday. She's meeting with the funeral home later today to firm up a date and time. I'll let everyone know when I have specific details.

Cheryl wanted me to thank you all for your prayers, thoughts and kind wishes. She knows how much Buck enjoyed this forum and how well he was though of by the members.

Buck was the kind of person anyone would be proud to call a true friend. He will be deeply missed.

:sad20:

j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek
    Like many here have said, I never met him but like many on here, felt I knew him. Prayers go out to his family and to the entire Hooligan group that knew and enjoyed his company for the time he was here. One of my wife's goals was to get up there and meet the "hooligan group" that he was a big part of. RIP Brian, you will be missed by many.

We could have an MDS "Mooseman shoot" to raise funds if needed.

Doing something to help Cheryl out would be a good thing.

Are there donations she would be willing to have made in his name??

I don't know the answer to that yet. I plan on asking when I speak with Cheryl.

webb297

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2010
    Bowie
    We could have an MDS "Mooseman shoot" to raise funds if needed.

I think we should have such a shoot, whether or not funds are needed, I am sure they would be appreciated.

I have never met him, but I wouldn't mind putting some rounds down range in his honor.

Feb 28, 2013
    Like many here have said, I never met him but like many on here, felt I knew him. Prayers go out to his family and to the entire Hooligan group that knew and enjoyed his company for the time he was here. One of my wife's goals was to get up there and meet the "hooligan group" that he was a big part of. RIP Brian, you will be missed by many.

I felt that way myself. Even my wife said that. Buck had that way about him, to make folks he just met feel like they'd known him for years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom