• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    This is the one show I really make time for. I'm trying to figure out how to finance a cased pair of flintlock duellers.

lee2

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 8, 2007
    i usually go just to look around.
    i've seen a dealer buy a firearm from a walk in and it has changed dealer hands four or five times before i've reached the back of the show.
    like most gun shows, your gun is in fair condition to a dealer and only worth half its value, but the same gun on their table is a rare valuable gem.
    heres a typical item for sale: "only used by an old retired sheriff fron tucson
    arizona in the 1890s. its very rare and a steal at $7000."
    buy the gun and not the story.

Attachments

• rusted colt..jpg
      rusted colt..jpg
      24.3 KB · Views: 311

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    I understand this to be a truly great show, it's just strange to me to see 'awesome' and 'Timonium Gun Show' being used together :lol2:

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    i've seen a dealer buy a firearm from a walk in and it has changed dealer hands four or five times before i've reached the back of the show.
    like most gun shows, your gun is in fair condition to a dealer and only worth half its value, but the same gun on their table is a rare valuable gem.

A little CLP and its good to go.

Dec 31, 2012
    I spent several hours there and may do so again this year. I took home some accessory items but the guns themselves are stratospheric priced. Go check out the pepperbox pistols, dueling sets, and antique 8 gauge black powder shotguns.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    Question for folks that have gone in the past...how's the selection of WW2 1911A1?
    Note the banner at the web link for the show: "NO MODERN HANDGUNS ALLOWED". C&R handguns are modern. It's an antique (pre-1899) gun show, with a small selection of C&R long guns.

mdonzi

mdonzi
    Feb 26, 2010
    pasadena
    there are 1911s there but not many out, if your looking for one you might ask the guys that have wwII items, they have them but they want a arm and a leg for there were a few nice ones there last year

HeatSeeker

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2012
    Maryland
    Note the banner at the web link for the show: "NO MODERN HANDGUNS ALLOWED". C&R handguns are modern. It's an antique (pre-1899) gun show, with a small selection of C&R long guns.
    Handguns must be Pre-1898. Modern Long Arms (1898-1945) They are very strict at this show. They inspect your table several times throughout the 2 days to see what you have on it. You have to fill out an Exhibitors Affidavit and list the items you will be selling and what percentages each will take up on your table. You also cannot leave early and must be present both days or no table in future.

I thought it might be a bit of a PIA at first because of all the regulations, but not really. The guy that worked my section and inspected tables was a very nice and helpful old fella. They call this the Crown Jewel of all Collectors shows and just want it to be run as such.

If you have never been ....go! You will see things you have never seen before and so much of it!!

HeatSeeker

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2012
    Maryland
    there are 1911s there but not many out, if your looking for one you might ask the guys that have wwII items, they have them but they want a arm and a leg for there were a few nice ones there last year
    Not an expert, but to my knowledge none in service before 1911 so they are not permitted to display or sell them at this show.

HeatSeeker

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2012
    Maryland
    I was considering taking these, but can't part with them just yet.

Attachments

• SDC12424.jpg
      SDC12424.jpg
      63.8 KB · Views: 252
    • SDC12427 - Copy (2).jpg
      SDC12427 - Copy (2).jpg
      39.8 KB · Views: 249

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members