• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Boomer73

Jan 22, 2013
    I'll be there with friends, business partners, family, and neighbors in tow.

But it will do no good whatsoever just like spamming the representatives will do no good. 4000+ people there on Feb 6 and 60 hours of oral testimony and literally stacks of written testimony feet high and SB281 had no problem passing through committee - no issue at all. It was a big laugh for all of them.

You all seem to assume that these people got into politics to represent the people and if you could just make your voice known loud enough that they would then go and represent you. That's not the case. They got into politics to advance an agenda and no amount of "political process" on your part is going to change that.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    I'll be there with friends, business partners, family, and neighbors in tow.

But it will do no good whatsoever just like spamming the representatives will do no good. 4000+ people there on Feb 6 and 60 hours of oral testimony and literally stacks of written testimony feet high and SB281 had no problem passing through committee - no issue at all. It was a big laugh for all of them.

You all seem to assume that these people got into politics to represent the people and if you could just make your voice known loud enough that they would then go and represent you. That's not the case. They got into politics to advance an agenda and no amount of "political process" on your part is going to change that.

Just because it easily passed the stacked SJPC does NOT MEAN the presence on the 6th meant nothing ... it means something to the rest of the legislature

To the rest of you ... DO NOT GIVE UP as Boomer suggests - the majority of the MD legislature does fear November 2014 and your votes

Guderian

Mar 31, 2011
    Well, after attending the town hall meeting put on by MSI at the Cockeysville Library, I plan on attending the rally on March 1st. Unfortunately, I don't think I'll be able to attend March 5th as well.

I fear a lower turnout this time as well. I think part of the problem is there does not appear to be as much information flowing out to potential participants as last time, and the situations seems to keep changing.

My take away from the meeting is, if you can only attend one day, Friday, March 1st is the day to do so. We must make sure that the House's version of SB281 does not match up with the Senate's version. The senate judiciary committee was stacked against us. The house committee, maybe not so much. If we can force the two bills to differ, then I believe that essentially kills it.

It sounds like there will be more sign up sheets this time. I hope also that MSI has our best speakers speaking first. It's not over yet. If your time is limited, like mine, try and make one last effort Friday, March 1st. We need to repeat February 6th with the house committee.

DavidMS

Feb 23, 2013
    Fairfax VA
    I look forward to being there

Plan is to be there on the 1st and let the antis hold up signs for the press while we do the hard work of lobbying our elected representatives.

Boomer73

Jan 22, 2013
    Just because it easily passed the stacked SJPC does NOT MEAN the presence on the 6th meant nothing ... it means something to the rest of the legislature

To the rest of you ... DO NOT GIVE UP as Boomer suggests - the majority of the MD legislature does fear November 2014 and your votes

I'm not suggesting giving up, I'm just saying have realistic expectations and plan on having to do a whole LOT more to get your rights back AFTER they take them from you on March 1. I have no faith in the political process when everything is stacked against us.

Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    in the bowels of Baltimore
    I'm not suggesting giving up, I'm just saying have realistic expectations and plan on having to do a whole LOT more to get your rights back AFTER they take them from you on March 1. I have no faith in the political process when everything is stacked against us.

YOU are a part of that. Post positively or not at all, please.

Tashtego

Jan 6, 2013
    Hello everyone. Is there is a list of talking points for use in testimony? Please post it here. Thanks!

Tashtego

Jan 6, 2013
    That's why I asked for some more information on this. Could anyone's who's received an email from MDCC share it or something? I just want to make sure this isn't about the death penalty. I disagree with them on that too, but that's a different matter.

I am with you Goateggs. Unfortunately the MCC has taken a position supporting O'Malley's bills.

http://www.mdcathcon.org/library/resources/Documents/2013LobbyNight/13-GunViolence.pdf

It is important to note that this position is not supported by Catholic teaching. Look at the teaching they cite: none of it is authoritative like you have in Church teaching defending the unborn and marriage. More important, none of the teaching they cite actually says we need MORE restrictions in Maryland. They just say we need sensible regulations. That is not an argument for O'Malley's bill, and it does not mean the "Catholic" view is pro O'Malley's bill. In fact the need to restrict gun access to mentally disturbed people actually counsels against this bill, because it doesn't do the job, it restricts access to families trying to protect themselves.

Rally AND Testify

Bring multiple copies of written testimony if you have it. Be prepared to stand around awhile.

And remember when rallying:
    - Signs can't be on sticks, the LEOs have problems with them, insinuating they are "clubs".
    - Dress professionally or business casual, not in camoflage. We want the public image to be the truth, that we're professionals, job holders, tax payers, citizens - not camoflage kooks.
    - Signs should be brief and clearly written, think camera view from 100' away.
    - Do not fall for the inflamatory BS the antis and low-information voters (LIV) will be spouting, stay with your group, avoid confrintation.
    - Did I say stay with your group? Why Yes, yes I did. If you have to go alone, go, meet with people there, but better yet, bring a car-load yourself!!

:bullhorn:
    :patriot:

Guderian

Mar 31, 2011
    MSI email just came out. Hope they update their webpage soon too. I've been directing people to it and to this thread.

Slimster22

Mar 13, 2009
    Northern Balt Co
    How do we distinguish ourselves from the gun grabbers.
    I want the press to see us.

NOTE: I recieved an email last night from the MD Catholic Conference.
    They are asking parishes to organize busses for the March 1st rally.
    I feel betrayed, this really cut into me, right down to the bone.

Yup, here is their position:

Gun Violence
    SB 281 / HB 294 / SB 266 / HB 375 SB 420 / HB 490
    Bans assault weapons and reduces ammunition magazine rounds. Licenses handguns and increases mental health services for those in need.
    JPR / JUD
    SUPPORT
    (Testimony)

Hearing held in JPR (2-6)
    Hearing scheduled in JUD (3-5)

I'm disgusted and will be contacting them in a moment.

Tashtego

Jan 6, 2013
    Slimster (and other Catholics who politely call): please ask (1) if they believe Catholics must agree with them on this question, and (2) what specific Catholic teaching requires you to believe that Maryland regulations are not already "sensible", and (3) what specific Catholic teaching specifies that 11 rounds in a magazine is "high" instead of 21, or instead of 2.

aray

Ultimate Member
    Jun 6, 2010
    MD -> KY
    Bring multiple copies of written testimony if you have it. Be prepared to stand around awhile.

And remember when rallying:
    - Signs can't be on sticks, the LEOs have problems with them, insinuating they are "clubs".
    - Dress professionally or business casual, not in camoflage. We want the public image to be the truth, that we're professionals, job holders, tax payers, citizens - not camoflage kooks.
    - Signs should be brief and clearly written, think camera view from 100' away.
    - Do not fall for the inflamatory BS the antis and low-information voters (LIV) will be spouting, stay with your group, avoid confrintation.
    - Did I say stay with your group? Why Yes, yes I did. If you have to go alone, go, meet with people there, but better yet, bring a car-load yourself!!

:bullhorn:
    :patriot:

WRONG!! I'm guessing this is a cut & paste from the Senate Gun Day which included a rally.

THERE IS NO PRO-GUN RALLY ON THE FIRST. THAT IS AN ANTI-GUN RALLY. No signs. No sticks. You won't be near cameras. Stay far away from the rally on Lawyer's Mall; we don't want to inflate their numbers.

Let them be locked outside. Our job is to go into the House building, hit capacity, and then let the anti-gunners be locked outside in the cold while we're testifying to the delegates, where it matters.

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    WRONG!! I'm guessing this is a cut & paste from the Senate Gun Day which included a rally.

THERE IS NO PRO-GUN RALLY ON THE FIRST. THAT IS AN ANTI-GUN RALLY. No signs. No sticks. You won't be near cameras.

Let them be locked outside. Our job is to go into the House building, hit capacity, and then let the anti-gunners be locked outside in the cold while we're testifying to the delegates, where it matters.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Kashmir1008

MSI Executive Member
    Mar 21, 2009
    Carroll County
    For those of you who may not have seen the MSI update:

The House considers the Governor's bill in a joint hearing. We will update you separately on the House schedule, but we need a turnout much like the one we did on the 6th. We need to be heard.

Friday will offer some new options. No more standing in long lines. We learned lessons from the Senate hearings and have done a lot of work with the House to make this day comfortable. We will have many witness sign-in sheets to avoid lines; the House has reserved all rooms for overflow (the House is also bigger than the Senate); and in a new twist, MSI and other civil rights organizations have reserved the upper floors of the House for our own activities, including a "Public Safety Policy Conference".

We won't repeat the rally - we are going to hold our own hearings, right in the same building as the actual hearing themselves. This time we will not locked out. Lawmakers will be in attendance, and we will empanel the most important people at the heart of this debate: you.
    No excuses this week. You have the opportunity to speak, be heard and to make a difference. You just need to take it. There is something for everyone. Stand up, or be pushed down. Your choice.

Special Attention:

If you are a constituent of one of the following Senators, you must contact them via phone, fax or in person immediately. Emails might be ignored, so you need to add the personal touch:
    Senator Miller
    Senator Klausmeier
    Senator Zirkin
    Senator Muse
    Senator Miller
    Senator Middleton
    Senator Dyson
    Senator Astle
    Senator DeGrange
    Senator Mathias
    Senator Brochin

Don't know who your representatives are? Find them at MDElect.net.

pitpawten

Ultimate Member
    Jan 28, 2013
    I'm in as well as my 2 buddies who came on the 6th, along with at least 1 more recruit who couldn't make it on the 6th.

Unless someone else is already on this, I'm going to make an official request that they keep the video of the hearings instead of just broadcasting/destroying them like they did for the 6th :mad54:

Lets remember we're (MD) not the only ones fighting this. So being able to post online videos of some of the common sense pro-2a testimonies from MD can help to encourage some in other states that they are not alone and help to build nationwide momentum (as this truly is a nationwide attack on our rights)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom