• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    And hes gone.

Wonder what he said to the staff. He wasn't here long.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    Sometimes assimilating is the hardest thing for a n00b to do... Also not stirring up trouble.

A little trouble every now and then makes things exciting. Plus, not everybody is a straight up "yes" man. lol

Joppa is right though. "Suspended" in lieu of "banned" would probably help several people on this board from writing something they did not want the "banned" member to see upon return. Of course, even if somebody is truly banned, friends on the board could always do a screen print to pdf and e-mail it to the banned member. Maybe best not to write something you would never want the person to see. ;););)

Hope I am using emoticons properly. lol

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    A little trouble every now and then makes things exciting. Plus, not everybody is a straight up "yes" man. lol

Joppa is right though. "Suspended" in lieu of "banned" would probably help several people on this board from writing something they did not want the "banned" member to see upon return. Of course, even if somebody is truly banned, friends on the board could always do a screen print to pdf and e-mail it to the banned member. Maybe best not to write something you would never want the person to see. ;););)

Meh... I don't really care anymore what people think. I'm too old and crotchety to really care. :D

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County

I disagree, If you don't want a particular person to see a comment then it's best not to post it at all.
    I try not to say or type anything that I wouldn't say or type directly to the person in question.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    From the photos I've seen of you, you don't look "that" old.

My dad has an Italian saying that goes something like "If they are not putting food on the table, their opinion does not matter."

I feel old. Does that count? :lol2:

I have to agree with your dad. On the other hand, there are people that give good advice, even when that rule applies. You just have to separate the chaff from the wheat, just like everything else in life.

Jesus, it is 0915 and I'm already getting philosophical. I'd have to say that is proof I'm getting old.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    I feel old. Does that count? :lol2:

I have to agree with your dad. On the other hand, there are people that give good advice, even when that rule applies. You just have to separate the chaff from the wheat, just like everything else in life.

Jesus, it is 0915 and I'm already getting philosophical. I'd have to say that is proof I'm getting old.

Yeah, I think the proverb has to do with an opinion about somebody (e.g., me, you), not about an AR-15, a 1911, which lube to use on an AR, etc.

I am trying not to feel old, but three nights ago I hit the sack (actually fell asleep on the couch) at 9:00 and did not wake up till 4:00 in the morning. Night after that, hit the sack at 12:00 and did not get up till 8:00. It is unheard of for me to be tired before 2:00 in the morning and I usually get to bed at 2:30 and get up around 7:30. Think 3 kids and a ton of work is wearing me out, but life is so damn good, just so damn tiring.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    Yeah, I think the proverb has to do with an opinion about somebody (e.g., me, you), not about an AR-15, a 1911, which lube to use on an AR, etc.

I am trying not to feel old, but three nights ago I hit the sack (actually fell asleep on the couch) at 9:00 and did not wake up till 4:00 in the morning. Night after that, hit the sack at 12:00 and did not get up till 8:00. It is unheard of for me to be tired before 2:00 in the morning and I usually get to bed at 2:30 and get up around 7:30. Think 3 kids and a ton of work is wearing me out, but life is so damn good, just so damn tiring.

Ha Ha!
    It's a rare night when my eyes don't slam shut by 10:00!
    Up @6:00 every morning (my dogs have an internal alarm clock and they always want to go outside @6:00!)

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV

Sometimes you just have a crash and burn day. God knows I have them because of my job and home life. I hear it happens less and less as you get older.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Sometimes you just have a crash and burn day. God knows I have them because of my job and home life. I hear it happens less and less as you get older.

All depends where you are in life. My parents have hardly a care in the world. No debt. My dad has been retired since 2003. My mom has not worked since 1971. In fact, he and my mom got back from vacation on Friday and first thing he does is call me to see if I have been dove hunting and to ask "When are we going and are any fields hot?" That is completely different than 20+ years ago when they had a mortgage and were trying to raise 5 kids. How my parents did it, I have no idea. I have three kids and it just sucks the energy out of me. Then again, my parents say they did it by having less, which I can understand, as I cut back my practice when the first child was born so we could make sure that one of us is always home for the kids.

My sister, who is about to have her third kid, has told my mom going to work is easier than staying home with the kids, and she is pretty high up in Lockheed Martin's accounting department (e.g., she has to deal with quarter end, year end, etc.). According to my mom, she would rather go to work and pay for the nanny and pre-school, than stay home with the kids 24/7. I tend to agree with her. Much easier to just work at a large firm than to work from home and deal with what I have to deal with. However, I would not change a single thing. For the most part, nothing good comes easy.I cherish my relationship with my kids and being there for almost everything they do. Being able to interact with their teachers, go up to their school once in a while and have lunch with them, watch their soccer/lacrosse practices/games, etc.

I am not looking forward to getting older, but financial security, retirement, and grandkids are the silver lining there.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    All depends where you are in life. My parents have hardly a care in the world. No debt. My dad has been retired since 2003. My mom has not worked since 1971. In fact, he and my mom got back from vacation on Friday and first thing he does is call me to see if I have been dove hunting and to ask "When are we going and are any fields hot?" That is completely different than 20+ years ago when they had a mortgage and were trying to raise 5 kids. How my parents did it, I have no idea. I have three kids and it just sucks the energy out of me. Then again, my parents say they did it by having less, which I can understand, as I cut back my practice when the first child was born so we could make sure that one of us is always home for the kids.

My sister, who is about to have her third kid, has told my mom going to work is easier than staying home with the kids, and she is pretty high up in Lockheed Martin's accounting department (e.g., she has to deal with quarter end, year end, etc.). According to my mom, she would rather go to work and pay for the nanny and pre-school, than stay home with the kids 24/7. I tend to agree with her. Much easier to just work at a large firm than to work from home and deal with what I have to deal with. However, I would not change a single thing. For the most part, nothing good comes easy.I cherish my relationship with my kids and being there for almost everything they do. Being able to interact with their teachers, go up to their school once in a while and have lunch with them, watch their soccer/lacrosse practices/games, etc.

I am not looking forward to getting older, but financial security, retirement, and grandkids are the silver lining there.

This is why I have the crash and burn days every few months. I'm ensuring that all of those things happen in my future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom