Virginia

Attachments

• afspnfa8.jpg
      afspnfa8.jpg
      50.8 KB · Views: 1,572

Flipz

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2010
    It would be a great SBR project. But unfortunately, unless MSP reverses itself in requiring that SBR's meet an OAL of 29" or more, it's a no-go. AFAIK there is no MP5 stock option that would make it have an OAL of 29"+.

There is the possibility that an M4 to MP5 stock adapter might work though. I just don't know what the OAL measurement would be off the top of my head.

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    It would be a great SBR project. But unfortunately, unless MSP reverses itself in requiring that SBR's meet an OAL of 29" or more, it's a no-go. AFAIK there is no MP5 stock option that would make it have an OAL of 29"+.

There is the possibility that an M4 to MP5 stock adapter might work though. I just don't know what the OAL measurement would be off the top of my head.

Or just throw a Sig brace on it and keep it a pistol.

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia

I'm in VA my friend. :D

TheDevilHimself

, Duffy's Gun Room
    Industry Partner
    Jul 15, 2011
    Sparks, MD
    OP, the Atlantic pistol makes an excellent SBR. I've used four or five of them to fill pre 10/1 purchase orders here in MD.

NateIU10

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2009
    Southport, CT
    Or just throw a Sig brace on it and keep it a pistol.

That wouldn't be legal for a MD resident, which I know the OP is not. If it's in pistol configuration, it is still a banned assault pistol copy. Same thing goes for the DJ Getz pistol if it makes the roster.

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    That wouldn't be legal for a MD resident, which I know the OP is not. If it's in pistol configuration, it is still a banned assault pistol copy. Same thing goes for the DJ Getz pistol if it makes the roster.

If it makes the roster, how can it be banned? That would mean MSP approved it as not being a copy.

NateIU10

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2009
    Southport, CT
    If it makes the roster, how can it be banned? That would mean MSP approved it as not being a copy.

That is incorrect. The roster does not have the statutory power to make such determinations. Even if a handgun is on the roster, I can't break the law and transfer an assault pistol.

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    I have another question. If I were to buy one, I would strictly do it to make it into an SBR. They offer the "rifle" version that has a pinned faux suppressor to bring it to 16". Would it be easier to go with the pistol and add a stock later, or buy the rifle and have the pinned faux suppressor removed?

Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD
    That is incorrect. The roster does not have the statutory power to make such determinations. Even if a handgun is on the roster, I can't break the law and transfer an assault pistol.

werent people buying those skorpion clones?

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    Any reason it could not be re barreled to > 29'' ans be a 9 mm carbine ? legally I mean ote that cost and practicality ( just get a just right carbine for example )

Just trying to learn in ins and outs..

Feb 28, 2013
    I have another question. If I were to buy one, I would strictly do it to make it into an SBR. They offer the "rifle" version that has a pinned faux suppressor to bring it to 16". Would it be easier to go with the pistol and add a stock later, or buy the rifle and have the pinned faux suppressor removed?

Would a muzzle device sufficient to make a barrel length of 16" be enough to satisfy the OAL requirement in this case?

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    Would a muzzle device sufficient to make a barrel length of 16" be enough to satisfy the OAL requirement in this case?

I'm not sure if this question is directed towards me, but we don't have an OAL length requirement for SBRs in VA.

TheDevilHimself

, Duffy's Gun Room
    Industry Partner
    Jul 15, 2011
    Sparks, MD
    Any reason it could not be re barreled to > 29'' ans be a 9 mm carbine ? legally I mean ote that cost and practicality ( just get a just right carbine for example )

Just trying to learn in ins and outs..

It could be done, as a SBR. It would need another 3" to get over 29"

As a 16" barreled rifle, it would be a banned long gun- hk94 clone.

I would go with the pistol and and add a stock, just for the fact that it requires less work than removing the faux suppressor on the rifle version.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom