• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bkuether

Judge not this race .....
    Jan 18, 2012
    Marriottsville, MD
    So after a whole bunch of hassle, I finally got my VZ2008 where I want it.

The folding stock never worked for me. The recoil was too much because only a small part of the folding stock was seated in my shoulder. The cheek weld sucked. I can't even wrap presents, so wrapping a folding stock was out of the question.

So I went down the long path of getting it fixed. Literally.

I started with a muzzle brake from CNC warrior to calm the front end. Good upgrade. But not enough.

I ordered VZ58 fixed stock parts from Numrich, and the stock had a hole in it. The metal parts were rusty. I returned the stock, and kept the metal. I waited and waited and waited. The skeleton stocks that were so easily obtained from the one guy that provides them on ebay, were out. Then two came in. I got one.....

I was afraid the beaver puke condition of the stock was going to be way off from existing furniture. It actually is REALLY close. I decided to leave it.

After trying to remove the folder, I gave up. Better left to professionals. So up to Bollinger's I went. Bobby coated the exterior metal parts before installing them. I didn't want them to look brand new, because the gun doesn't look brand new. His choice of sheen was perfect.

I pick up the gun, and on the way back to the 'Burg, I decide to maybe check Dick's for .22 LONG SHOT I know.........

YES! They have 5 boxes left and I got mine. :party29:

Stop by AGC, 20 minutes left. 60 quick rounds go into the berm, no failures, and I am LOVING the VZ now. And yes the hand hold gets REALLY hot after some rapid fire. But honestly, not as hot as others have made it sound. Smoked off all the residual Ballistol from the last cleaning. That was cool.

So anyone who wants to go to the fixed stock for their VZ, I recommend it. It feels better on my arm, and to be honest, to me, it looks cooler.

Don't do what I did. Wait for the stock and parts to come together from Podmaniky on E-Bay. Just be patient.

Attachments

• vz.jpg
      vz.jpg
      98.5 KB · Views: 914

BossmanPJ

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2013
    Cecil County
    Looks good. I always liked the fixed stock better then the folders. I had a bad experience with I folder once and was never interested in them after that.

Feb 28, 2013
    Me likey.:thumbsup::D

That's the way to do a battle rifle.

Here's mine.

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      88.6 KB · Views: 827

lsw

לא לדרוך עליי
    Sep 2, 2013
    They do look nice, but I love the VZ folding stock. It doesn't take much to tame it and a rifle that stows in a 29 inch space is really handy.

Attachments

• TennisAnyone.jpg
      TennisAnyone.jpg
      68.4 KB · Views: 827

bkuether

Jan 18, 2012
    Marriottsville, MD
    Me likey.:thumbsup::D

That's the way to do a battle rifle.

Here's mine.

I love the wood for the same reason I love the beaver puke. Its "classic".

See you left off a brake device all together. How is that working? I found the VZ a little sharp with the slant brake (virtually useless). My initial guess would be "loud fireballs" out the front.

bkuether

Jan 18, 2012
    Marriottsville, MD
    They do look nice, but I love the VZ folding stock. It doesn't take much to tame it and a rifle that stows in a 29 inch space is really handy.

True this. I wanted the folder to work. It just didn't. I have a Sub 2K that acts as my stealth gun. Fits in a laptop bag, no one would even suspect....

Which recoil pad is that BTW?

Feb 28, 2013
    I love the wood for the same reason I love the beaver puke. Its "classic".

See you left off a brake device all together. How is that working? I found the VZ a little sharp with the slant brake (virtually useless). My initial guess would be "loud fireballs" out the front.

I just wanted it to be as close to Czech military issue as possible. Everything I could find on 'em told me that Czech military rifles were never issued with muzzle devices, so just went with an ordinary barrel nut.

It's still a nice shooter.:)

lsw

לא לדרוך עליי
    Sep 2, 2013
    True this. I wanted the folder to work. It just didn't. I have a Sub 2K that acts as my stealth gun. Fits in a laptop bag, no one would even suspect....

Which recoil pad is that BTW?

It's just a comman AK pad from UTG that happens to fit pretty well. Several other companies sell basically the same pad as well. I'm thinking about taking it off again, actually. It's bigger than the metal butt pad it covers. When I had 1/2" dense foam rubber taped on the metal pad, it was not really any less comfortable than the AK pad, and much less bulky. I bought it via Amazon:

http://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B002TUSK06/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

dev

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2011
    I was able to find the sporter skeletonized stock for only $9.
    I thought it was a misprint but ordered anyway and I received it today.
    The stock is stripped which means it need a bolt and cheek piece.

BigDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 7, 2014
    Has anyone dared to buy the composite stock and hardware from vz58rifle.com?

Holy molley 1680 euros for a rifle, that's $2174 !
    The rear stock and metal parts are around $100 shipping is from CZ so plan accordingly

dev

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2011

Sirex