• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • honda53s

Ultimate Member
    May 4, 2009
    Baltimore County
    I have sent PSA emails and have tried to call them and have had zero luck... The easiest way to get in touch with them is to send them a message over on AR15.com...

slybarman

low speed high drag 9-5er
    Feb 10, 2013
    I have sent PSA emails and have tried to call them and have had zero luck... The easiest way to get in touch with them is to send them a message over on AR15.com...

The couple of times I called them, I got through fairly quickly (<5 mins) and they were very helpful each time.

Give them a call.

newq

101st Poptart Assault BSB
    Mar 6, 2011
    Eldersburg, MD
    Honestly alot of people will give you crap for buying cheap parts or blems but the reality is you can get away with an awful lot of low end things. I know alot of people won't agree with what I am about to say but;

Many parts are negligible. Many parts can be had with great function and minor draw backs. Names and stature are great but it doesn't mean you can't come away with a great product at a satisfying price point.

Areas like the barrel.... well you might want to put a little more money on the muzzle end. Many BCG's gas blocks, hand guards etc can be had for very little money and while it may lack some of the nicer features of your high end rigs, many times you can get a very competent setup and sacrifice very little. Of course when SHTF with your build you also have a long list of possibilities.

Right now I have the parts in bound for a AR pistol that the build before labor or the addition of sights or optics is looking to sit at around $750. All parts are new and most parts are name brand. Its not hard to build a budget AR Often times you will get a better product than an off the shelf offering. The one thing I truely like about building ar's is that you know exactly what was used. Building forces you to examine and choose the parts you want. You don't get the "Stock" ar. You get the I built this with parts I liked best AR. Thats worth a whole lot in my book.

Knock on wood, i have yet to build an AR that has a terrible problem I couldn't figure out or fix.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    I'll disagree with you on the BCG. It's one of the main base components that people should be able to have faith in.

My brother's budget build, got him a DD hard-chrome BCG - got it on sale for less than a phosphate BCG, had no reservations about spending JUST a little bit more on that component compared to a blem unit that can be a crap shoot.

Calengor

wishes he were spike
    Apr 13, 2009
    Frederick, MD
    it didnt look like that when I installed it sir

So it looked like a normal BCG, you installed it, fired it, and then it looked like that?

That thing looks like hell.

Like Chad said, the BCG is pretty much the heart of an AR, and therefor is NOT a place that I'd skimp on.

I often wonder about these "cosmetic" blemish parts that companies put out that don't appear to have any defect at all. It wouldn't surprise me if in some caes it's a way for less than scrupulous companies to get rid of shitty non-spec parts.

Last edited:

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    So it looked like a normal BCG, you installed it, fired it, and then it looked like that?

That thing looks like hell.

Like Chad said, the BCG is pretty much the heart of an AR, and therefor is a place that I'd skimp on.

I often wonder about these "cosmetic" blemish parts that companies put out that don't appear to have any defect at all. It wouldn't surprise me if in some caes it's a way for less than scrupulous companies to get rid of shitty non-spec parts.

I have bought some cosmetic blemish NiB BCGs the only issue being they were two toned. If I got a BCG like that I would flip. Has PSA really gone that far down the Bad QA road?

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    I mean it was from PSA I have this one and another M-16 blemish BCG does anyone have a good email for PSA cant find it on their site. What I want to know is with the images you see would this have detonated at some point on my girlfriend if so... I'm going to flip a 8&*@)

Hopefully you put it on your CC. I would contact the card company immediately and get the charge removed. Send a pic if needed. That will get PSA's attention for sure. After all the crap I've read on here about PSA CS or lack of and being unable to contact them I wouldn't buy anything from them no matter what the price. Good luck with your problem.

BLACKTALON

Ammo is like food
    Aug 4, 2011
    severna park
    Hopefully you put it on your CC. I would contact the card company immediately and get the charge removed. Send a pic if needed. That will get PSA's attention for sure. After all the crap I've read on here about PSA CS or lack of and being unable to contact them I wouldn't buy anything from them no matter what the price. Good luck with your problem.

they contacted me a about a order number I gave it to them and havent heard back AF contacted them on ARF.com thanks again man

240 towles

master of puppets
    Mar 31, 2009
    ?
    somewhere century is laughing

taurus.jpg

Monkey+with+a+welding+torch.jpg

could be worse

img00129_20101226_1008-tfb.jpg

img_0943-tfb.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts