• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • EasyE

Jan 26, 2013
    Jmike, nice setup... 2 questions if you don't mind.

What is the approx OAL?... and I like the LOP you have, does the SIG brace creep up after continuous fire?

Im trying to decide if I want to go with the 10.5 or 7.5"

this would be for a SHTF type backpack / vehicle purpose.

Thanks

740c51dc7ce552ae8f5549970b5a77bd.jpg
    finally finished!! Sights come In tomorrow!

jmike1487

Ultimate Member
    Aug 27, 2013
    Baltimore County
    Jmike, nice setup... 2 questions if you don't mind.

What is the approx OAL?... and I like the LOP you have, does the SIG brace creep up after continuous fire?

Im trying to decide if I want to go with the 10.5 or 7.5"

this would be for a SHTF type backpack / vehicle purpose.

Thanks

The OAL 28" with sig brace pushed all the way up the buffer tube. But I have spacers that I ordered from KAK industry's that give me another 1.75" if I choose to put them on. Probably a noob question what is LOP? And I haven had a chance to fire it yet so I can't answer that last question. I'm a big dude so I like the 10.5" I think the 7.5" would just look silly. Personal preference. And I'm with you for this being a light weight SHTF option.

EasyE

Jan 26, 2013
    The OAL 28" with sig brace pushed all the way up the buffer tube. But I have spacers that I ordered from KAK industry's that give me another 1.75" if I choose to put them on. Probably a noob question what is LOP? And I haven had a chance to fire it yet so I can't answer that last question. I'm a big dude so I like the 10.5" I think the 7.5" would just look silly. Personal preference. And I'm with you for this being a light weight SHTF option.

As Fox123 said, LOP is 'length of pull' it's basically the distance from the trigger to the edge of the brace (or stock). Still learning all this stuff too.. Mainly with a fixed stock it comes into play and effects eye relief, but if you end up using a reflex sight (as you prob would with a pistol setup) it's not a big issue.

I'm over 6' also so I'm glad spacers are available cuz with my other rifles stock fully collapsed it's pretty awkward to get a good cheek weld. I wonder if the location of your forearm that the brace is attached to has the same effect in regard to lining up your sights?... Guess that's where the spacers come into play.

Thanks for the OAL info, I'll prob go with the 10.5 too.

Just an fyi, i've also been reading about ammo choices with shorter barrels, seems like Soft Point hunting ammo is preferred and registers the best overall terminal ballistics (expansion & penetration) Federal Fusion 62 grain being the most talked about that I've seen on the web so far.

If u can, let us know how everything is working out once you put a few rounds down range.

Thanks again.

Last edited:

Evojoeix

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2014
    My upper shipped out today

The day it cones in I will be putting an easy 500 rounds down range, so I'll report back

Evojoeix

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2014
    Here she is
    imagejpg1.jpg

Today I only shot about 70 rounds through it, but I didn't have any issues at all. The quality of these uppers is top notch. These are test fired, in case anyone didn't know, and cleaned and oiled up very good. You can literally take it out of the box, put it on your lower and shoot it

Once I get more rounds through it, I'll do another review. But first impressions, I'm very happy with it. It's not too heavy and is balanced good as a pistol in my opinion. And with the Seekins Muzzle brake/compensator recoil is very manageable......plus this thing throws out some awesome fireballs:D

Last edited:

hutchinsonkw

Dec 18, 2012
    Central Md
    I finally shot my 7.5" upper yesterday. It was awesome! I currently have the hex phase 5 buffer tube. The recoil is minimal and I will not be getting a sig brace.

Evojoeix

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2014
    The concussion for me shooting it isn't bad at all, but for others around me, I feel sorry for them.

This brake does an excellent job at minimizing muzzle rise. I highly recommend it

Merlin593

Mar 29, 2013
    Towson, MD
    I just ordered a 10.5" diamond yhm upper with Bonnar alpha muzzle brake
    Looking forward to its arrival
    Will post pics/feedback once it's finished and I've had it to the range

AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    Somewhere on the James River, VA
    Anyone have a problem with theirs? I finally got around to building a lower for the Radical 300 AAC BLACKOUT upper I ordered back in August and I believe that there is a headspace issue. The upper won't chamber a round, it simply won't go into battery unless I force it by hand. When I do that, I can't extract the round and have to push it out with a wooden dowel or pry open the BCG. Bolt opens and closes completely and freely without a round in the chamber. Obviously, I don't want to shoot this as it sits. Thoughts?

Evojoeix

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2014
    Anyone have a problem with theirs? I finally got around to building a lower for the Radical 300 AAC BLACKOUT upper I ordered back in August and I believe that there is a headspace issue. The upper won't chamber a round, it simply won't go into battery unless I force it by hand. When I do that, I can't extract the round and have to push it out with a wooden dowel or pry open the BCG. Bolt opens and closes completely and freely without a round in the chamber. Obviously, I don't want to shoot this as it sits. Thoughts?

Have you checked headspace?

Id call radical and see what they say. They have excellent customer service

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ESM07

Latest threads

Top Bottom