• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WSM

Rugeritis
    Oct 8, 2009
    Lancaster, PA
    I picked up a Parker Blazer for $100 and it needs new string/cables. I keep getting quoted $100 for the job at all the shops so I'd like to give it a try myself. I don't have to have premium strings but something in the middle of the road. For a little more than $100 I'll be strung and have a bow press to do the job myself when the need arises.

Any input is appreciated!

Sent from my SD4930UR using Tapatalk

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    There is an IP or 'so-to-speak' here who makes strings and bus cables. They're out on the peninsula somewhere. I just can't remember the name. They might be in the Easton or Cambridge area.
    EDIT: Remember to get at least 200 shots on them before zeroing.

WSM

Rugeritis
    Oct 8, 2009
    Lancaster, PA
    There is an IP or 'so-to-speak' here who makes strings and bus cables. They're out on the peninsula somewhere. I just can't remember the name. They might be in the Easton or Cambridge area.
    EDIT: Remember to get at least 200 shots on them before zeroing.

I'm not sure that guy is still in business. Xfire Bow Strings. It took me a while to find him!

steves1911

Ultimate Member
    Dec 2, 2011
    On a hill in Wv
    I think he works for 60x bowstrings now if im thinking of the right person. Either way you should check out 60x they do good work. I put a new set on my hoyt a few months ago probably have almost 500 shots on them now and they still look new and havent stretched at all.

Mini14tac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 14, 2013
    North County

WSM

Rugeritis
    Oct 8, 2009
    Lancaster, PA
    Thanks for all the suggestions, I'll check them out.

I'm heading to LAS tomorrow since they're about the only place I haven't checked. If they come in under $100 I'll just have it done there. If I give them the string job they'll also tune the bow and let me shoot for free! I love their service.

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    Thanks for all the suggestions, I'll check them out.

I'm heading to LAS tomorrow since they're about the only place I haven't checked. If they come in under $100 I'll just have it done there. If I give them the string job they'll also tune the bow and let me shoot for free! I love their service.

You can't go wrong with LAS.. that was going to be my suggestion if you can't DIY.. ;)

WSM

Rugeritis
    Oct 8, 2009
    Lancaster, PA
    I ordered a winner's choice string and cables. When I add up a kisser, peep, serving, serving tool, and string loop it's starting to get awfully expensive! That doesn't even include a press so that I can do my own install.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I ordered a winner's choice string and cables. When I add up a kisser, peep, serving, serving tool, and string loop it's starting to get awfully expensive! That doesn't even include a press so that I can do my own install.

Winner's Choice are great strings and cables. My last set are still on my bow now for about 5-6 years and show little wear.

WSM

Rugeritis
    Oct 8, 2009
    Lancaster, PA
    So everything installed fine and looked great but we couldn't get it paper tuned. After 3 hours my guy at LAS called Parker and the only thing they could come up with is the possibility of a weak limb. They offered to send limbs or have the bow sent to them. LAS shipped my bow out yesterday for the low low price of free. They didn't charge any labor for the tuning even though the poor guy tried EVERYTHING to get it tuned. Stiffer arrows, cam timing, rest adjustments, nock adjustments-you name it. Hopefully Parker comes up with something!

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    Like I said... LAS will work with you.. they are some of the best in the area. :thumbsup:

WSM

Rugeritis
    Oct 8, 2009
    Lancaster, PA
    My bow came in from Parker and it doesn't look like they've done anything to it. There was no documentation stating work was done on it. My initial shots were still tearing low and right much to the dismay of the guy helping me. After trying even more tweaks he finally threw the whisker biscuit all the way to the right and amazingly the tears were dead on. The whisker biscuit belonged to the shop and he put it on there just to rule out any issues with the rest. He let me keep it because he was afraid of moving it. So everything worked out ok and I got free whisker biscuit! I also bought 3 arrows of the same type we had been using to paper tune the bow. I guess the spine on my arrows was a bit soft for this bow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom