• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    I don’t really expect to hear much if anything about it until about half past June.

Sound as if you got regular ink prints, no? I was under the assumption they were no longer allowed for people instate?

OnTarget

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2009
    WV
    "Your item was delivered at 10:48 am on March 13, 2012 in PIKESVILLE, MD 21282. The item was signed for by E BROWN."

Niiiiice.

I sent mine Priority Mail, certified RR, and tracking said that it was delivered at 10:46 am. on March 13. Online tracking didn't provide a name. How did you come up with one?

Mr H

Banana'd
    I sent mine Priority Mail, certified RR, and tracking said that it was delivered at 10:46 am. on March 13. Online tracking didn't provide a name. How did you come up with one?

From USPS tracking (sent it Express... might make a difference??)

IIRC, "Priority" with delivery conf. only logs the arrival. If you did a green RR card, it will come back to you in the mail. That should have more info.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Only Express returns a name on line and/or pay extra for the green card.. Priority mail only confirms delivery unless you pay extra for the green card. IIRC

Last edited:

Knuc

Apr 1, 2009
    Allegany County
    Ok please help me out I’ve filled out the application (pages 7, 10, 12, 13) per MSI’s John Doe Example Application.
    Getting my Live Scan and Passport photos tomorrow will try to get paperwork notarized also. Check for $75.00 to Maryland State Police Licensing Division.

Go to USPS and send Priority mail, certified return receipt.

Wait

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    Ok please help me out I’ve filled out the application (pages 7, 10, 12, 13) per MSI’s John Doe Example Application.
    Getting my Live Scan and Passport photos tomorrow will try to get paperwork notarized also. Check for $75.00 to Maryland State Police Licensing Division.

Wait
    Go to your bank for notary, my bank does it for free.
    Welcome to the waiting list.:innocent0

br3krj

Libertarian Conservative
    Oct 25, 2009
    Harford County

Wait
    You are well on your way

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    My coworker and I are at the Printing location in Clinton. Worldwide Services aka OTS Inc .

Well , the location is handy, but

The website says no appt , we arrive apt is needed.

Cash. , ck , M.O. Only , he had card. I front him the $ . Then they want exact change.

Took several tries to get good scans.
    Notary $2.00 per signature. I decide to skip them , take to bank on way to ship them out. $57.50 for scan. No photos avaiable.

Bottom line- if you're already next door , it's worth putting up with , but don't make a trip.

INMY01TA

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2008
    Just came back from Livescan in Glen Burnie. They took care of everything. My app is sealed up and I'm hitting the Post Office within the hour.

OnTarget

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2009
    WV
    My coworker and I are at the Printing location in Clinton. Worldwide Services aka OTS Inc .

Well , the location is handy, but

The website says no appt , we arrive apt is needed.

Cash. , ck , M.O. Only , he had card. I front him the $ . Then they want exact change.

Took several tries to get good scans.
    Notary $2.00 per signature. I decide to skip them , take to bank on way to ship them out. $57.50 for scan. No photos avaiable.

Bottom line- if you're already next door , it's worth putting up with , but don't make a trip.

At least you got good scans. As noted earlier, I had a terrible time getting good finger scans, so she sent the rejected scans to the FBI anyway. What else could she do?

Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater
    Incredible Experience Today!

Just got back from getting prints/photos, etc. and dropping off the complete app in Pikesville.

Never, in my wildest imagination, did I expect to be treated with such courtesy, respect and professionalism throughout the process, and I want to be sure to let you all know about it.

Started in Annapolis, at Mid Atlantic Regional Investigations (MARI). You've probably seen other folks post about them, and my experience was even better. Greeted by Mr. Scott (president) who handled the paperwork. Ex-LEO, couldn't have been nicer and more pro-2A. Printed by Mr. Oliver, and again, very pro-2A and helpful. Very encouraging way to start the day.

Went to MSP at Pikesville to drop things off, and while waiting met a MSP LEO who asked to remain anonymous (probably since he was such a nice guy), who was THE most helpful, courteous and supportive trooper I've ever met. Didn't mince words about the process (no specifics, unfortunately), and my sense is that things will still be on hold until the courts sort things out, but WOW! I am still blown away by the experience. I just wish I could identify this gentleman publicly since he deserves the highest praise ever awarded to anybody I've ever come in contact with regarding handgun permits, and anything to do with the MD state government. Others have been professional, but this guy was fantastic.

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    WTF, is the MSP on vacation today or something. I just checked to see if my package was delivered today and got this from the tracking number.

I figured someone was there all the time.:mad54:

Last edited:

theBIGone2087

Point-of-Aim Productions
    Aug 15, 2010
    Laurel, MD
    I used express mail and sent it to 1111 reisterstown, rd in pikes like just like the app said. I got a message from tracking saying it was "missent" and is being forwarded to another facility.... WTF?!?!?!:mad54:

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    We could have driven to Annapolis round trip , and still saved about an hour and half. Spent more on gas , but the loss of sleep before going back to work probably more important.

Another of our coworkers will be submitting when he gets back in town next week. Guess where I'll recomend him to go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom