• Status
    Not open for further replies.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Man, that's scary. I'd bet a lot of people will let them look around if they ask. To contend that possession of items necessary for the exercise of a fundamental Right are somehow grounds for a search is preposterous.

Broder

Jan 13, 2013
    Two things:

1)

The last thing I'll say was that Trooper was courteous and having worn the badge, he and the team were sent by someone else, they're just following orders.

That doesn't give them a pass in my book. They are Government thugs.

2) What dirtbag FFL is going to cooperate with the MSP and keep ammunition logs when they are not mandated by law?

Ab_Normal

Ab_member
    Feb 2, 2010
    Carroll County
    Two things:

1)

That doesn't give them a pass in my book. They are Government thugs.

2) What dirtbag FFL is going to cooperate with the MSP and keep ammunition logs when they are not mandated by law?

I'm not going to call all of them dirtbags but they would be the same ones who are not releasing firearms after the 7 day waiting period because the MSP has requested (with the insinuation that they could lose their license) that they not do the transfer.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I'm not going to call all of them dirtbags but they would be the same ones who are not releasing firearms after the 7 day waiting period because the MSP has requested (with the insinuation that they could lose their license) that they not do the transfer.

Actually, they can lose their license for it.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    You're right! I was told the same thing by a police officer on Kent Island, that it's a statewide policy that firearms are not to be returned to their owners unless requested, and that even then they should be retained by the state for as long as possible, and as long as there is any kind of legal justification to do so.

I can tell you from first hand knowledge that that's not true, at least in AACO.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    MODERATOR NOTE

Before you get spun up, this thread is over four years old. It got bumped last night for the first time since 2008.

Gbh

Ultimate Member
    Nov 25, 2012
    The person with original story in this thread testified in Annapolis last month. He did a great job telling his story to to the SJC. At that time, he said he and his wife have made the decision to leave Maryland.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    The person with original story in this thread testified in Annapolis last month. He did a great job telling his story to to the SJC. At that time, he said he and his wife have made the decision to leave Maryland.

They left for TX the very same day he testified.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    Cops came to my house on a break in when I wasn't home, looked around and saw the mag I had on my desk, asked was I armed, I said yep, and he left saying looks like everythings covered here. Different strokes

My alarm went off at my business and I got there before HoCo 5-O did and when the officer rolled up (he could see me through the glass storefront) I put my weapon on the counter and walked out to talk to him. He asked me if I was the owner and I said yes and by the way I've got a gun inside. He acted like he didn't even hear me, no biggie. Different strokes indeed.

buzzsaw

Ultimate Member
    Feb 26, 2013
    Hagerstown
    While I've never signed an ammo log, I have used a CC to buy ammo on several occasions. I won't do that again.

I came to this thought also recently. Cash only for ammo.

Probably wont be able to run cash for guns though - that would be carrying around large sums of money.

DaveP

Jan 27, 2013
    St. Marys county
    My alarm went off at my business and I got there before HoCo 5-O did and when the officer rolled up (he could see me through the glass storefront) I put my weapon on the counter and walked out to talk to him. He asked me if I was the owner and I said yes and by the way I've got a gun inside. He acted like he didn't even hear me, no biggie. Different strokes indeed.

Had a similiar situation in Calvert co many years ago.
    Someone took out our large glass storefront in the middle of the night.
    Officer suggested we "guard" it until we could get it fixed, and he would ask others on shift to cruise by now and again.
    LOL, it was WELL guarded, inside and out.

Ab_Normal

Ab_member
    Feb 2, 2010
    Carroll County
    His testimony is pretty much invalid. The MSP are mostly pro-gun nowadays and they are doing their best to help firearms owners and soon to be owners.

It's true because I read it on the internet from members on this site. Bon Jour!:innocent0

skibernie

Feb 22, 2008
    Silver Spring,MD
    I came to this thought also recently. Cash only for ammo.

Probably wont be able to run cash for guns though - that would be carrying around large sums of money.

Only problem is you still have to fill out the ATF and MSP forms for the guns. At this point ammo is still truly "cash 'n carry".

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    MODERATOR NOTE

Before you get spun up, this thread is over four years old. It got bumped last night for the first time since 2008.

It actually was quoted in another thread asking about it (by me) and apparently parties started responding here.

It might be better to merge these recent responses to that thread unless there are some updates to this one.

http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=110518

CrazySanMan

2013'er
    Mar 4, 2013
    Colorful Colorado
    I bought two boxes of .45acp at the Walmart in Aberdeen the other day and I had my license out and showed it to the cashier and he said "Put that away. I don't need that. Where have you been buying ammo that makes you show an ID?". I said "The Walmart in Towson asked me for it last night to verify that I was over 16". And he said "Don't do that again, we aren't required to check your ID."

I've never been asked to sign a log or anything, I'm just used to showing my ID at Walmart whenever I'm buying an R rated movie or medicine or a knife or whatever and the register beeps.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    I bought two boxes of .45acp at the Walmart in Aberdeen the other day and I had my license out and showed it to the cashier and he said "Put that away. I don't need that. Where have you been buying ammo that makes you show an ID?". I said "The Walmart in Towson asked me for it last night to verify that I was over 16". And he said "Don't do that again, we aren't required to check your ID."

I've never been asked to sign a log or anything, I'm just used to showing my ID at Walmart whenever I'm buying an R rated movie or medicine or a knife or whatever and the register beeps.

Dicks Sporting Goods asks for your birth date and asks if you're a US citizen. (Its a prompt on the register)
    My son is 20 and they said they wouldn't sell him 9mm because it was pistol caliber. Then he told them they make 9mm rifles and they said oh I guess you're right and sold it to him. :D

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom