Peacemaker National Training Center - Opening Summer 2011 - Eastern Panhandle, WV

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hole punch

Paper Target Slayer
    Sep 29, 2008
    Washington Co.
    New facility opening next year near Glengary, WV. Dues will be $400/year, but this place is gonna be badass! 3-gun, F-Class, Cowboy action, and more!

http://www.peacemakernational.com/

The Peacemaker National Training Center (an NRA Affiliated Club) is a "World Class"
    Limited Public Use and Private Membership Shooting Facility - OPENING IN SUMMER 2011

- Located near Washington DC in the beautiful hills of Glengary WV (60 Min Drive West of Dulles Airport next to Winchester VA / Martinsburg WV.)

-
    Facility will include the following ranges (Ranges will be phased-in from opening date with minimum elements of the below range descriptions available at opening): Note: All ranges will have NRA instructors supervising and avaiable at all times.

• [*]1000 yard distance Rifle Range: Working "Butts Area" and shooting berms at 100 yard intervals from 100-1000 yards. 10-20 shooting lanes (ideal for F-Class, Benchrest, Highpower, matches and practice)
      [*]Tactical Rifle/Pistol/Shotgun: 18 interconnected shooting ranges of varying widths, 50 yards deep, target systems (ideal for 3-Gun, USPSA, IPSC, Law Enforcement, Cowboys Action etc)
      [*]Shotgun Ranges: Sporting Clays, Trap & Skeet
      [*]Archery Range: Competition and recreational courses
      [*]General Sighting-in Range: 100 - 300 yards
      [*]Marksmanship/Training Schools: World class, multi-discipline training schools will be offered: Reloading, Long distance shooting school, tactical pistol, 3-gun, home self defense, sporting clays, benchrest, archery, general marksmanship etc.

http://www.peacemakernational.com/

Thanks to you-know-who at work for pointing this out!

hole punch

Paper Target Slayer
    Sep 29, 2008
    Washington Co.
    I'm looking forward to seeing this open up... It's closer for me than Quantico too...

From what I'm reading many events will be open to non-members, just that members get discounts, so for those of us that only want to compete there from time to time, it might be cheaper to not join and simply pay the premium price for the big events.

I'd love to get into practical shooting, such as 3-gun, and maybe even get into F class some day :)

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    I like this part:

"Note: We will work with you to qualify for use on the distance range if you are interested. This is a highly specialized range and requires the proper club certifications, equipment and individual ability for safe use)"

They do need a proof-reader for the site, but I'm really liking the idea. Now if I could get my wonderful girlfriend on board...

Jim

Baumer

Jan 21, 2010
    Peacemaker did finally open in september. All the rain has definitely slowed the progress on getting all the ranges complete and running, but things are shaping up.

My wife and I have been out there a few times. The general sight in range is open. The pistol range is 25yds and the rifle range is 100yds. I believe the plan is to extend the rifle range out to 300yds in the spring.

The 1000yd range is open if you're qualified to shoot on it. No kentucky windage or guessing at hold overs here, you have to know what you're doing.

A couple of the tactical ranges are up and running. My wife and I were out there last sunday shooting steel. They're working to get everything set up for the FNH 3 gun match next month.

They are running training classes. My wife took the basic handgun/ccw class last saturday, and really enjoyed it. This is a live fire class and at $45 for members is a bargain IMO. I'm scheduled for an Action Pistol class next week.

The staff has been helpful and friendly, and even though they are going through some growing pains, we're quite pleased with the facility.

Baumer

Jan 21, 2010
    yes they are open. See my post above yours (#5). 3 Gun Nation is out there this week getting ready for the FNH matches this weekend. Been there to shoot numerous times already.

Baumer

Jan 21, 2010
    So what's it like there?

Still quite a bit of construction going on. Obviously it's a large facility. I haven't even been over to the skeet/trap ranges yet. The general sight in range currently has a 25yd pistol bay and the 100 yd range with about 10 shooting stations. I believe the plan is expand this to 300yds. The skeet and trap ranges are up and running but the sporting clays range is planned for spring.

2 of the tactical ranges are up and running complete with steel and the bianci cup movers. I believe the plan is for 14 or 16 of these ranges. With the exception of matches these ranges are only available to members.

The 1000yd benches are in but I dont think they have the electronics set up yet for the targets so at this point they are shooting steel. They had a match a couple weeks back. As I mentioned previously you must qualify to shoot at that distance. I dont shoot long range but I believe you must shoot a sub moa group at 100yds and have your rifle and optics approved.

You have to drive between the various ranges. When you get there you stop by the office to check in and let them know where you're going.

Thus far the folks there have been great. Weather pushed the construction schedule back some so I dont think they are as far along as they hoped to be.

BFMIN

Ultimate Member
    Nov 5, 2010
    Eastern shore
    Thanks for the info.
    I heard several commercials but the clashed with info I got elsewhere & I wanted to clarify the state of things there.

Baumer

Jan 21, 2010
    The other thing worth noting is that they don't plan to be open year round. I've heard, but dont know for sure, that from around thanksgiving until march they will open weekends on a weather permitting basis. The terrain out there would make it very difficult, even with 4x4, to drive in snow/ice conditions.

jmichael99

Nov 9, 2011
    Martinsburg, WV
    just got back from there. Its my second time. They are having a 3gun match this week and everyone was practicing so i split a little early to give them room to zero there bad ass rifles...

To get on the 1000 yard range. You have to sub sub MOA at 100yards, show math on how you calculate shooting beyond X amount of yards, answer a ton of questions on how to adjust your scope etc.

bean93x

JamBandGalore
    Mar 27, 2008
    WV
    Holepunch and I took a visit monday for their public BBQ event thing. I was surprised... Its like an amusement park for gun enthusiast. I will be pitching in on a membership as soon as my funds allow.

Baumer

Jan 21, 2010
    FYI - I received an email from Peacemaker today indicating they will have the tactical bays open to the public again this weekend 6/1-6/3.

Mildot

Nov 23, 2011
    Arnold, MD
    I went by last weekend also. Great folks there, got a visitor band and drove around the place to check out the facilities. I was most interested in the 1000 yd range as the are not too many within driving distance. Would have signed up for membership while there until i saw the layout of the 1000yd range. The road to the tactical bays cuts in front of the 1000yd benches, thus the 1000 yd range is closed whenever the bays are open and visa versa.

One of the staff said the 1000yd is open a couple half days a week. I think this could still work for the retired folks and those that are prone to get sick during the week, weekend longe range shooting may be a challenge. Again everyone was very nice there and sounds like they want expand with time. Shooting the tactical bays should be a good time.

thrusty

Patriot
    Jun 25, 2012
    The membership prices have dropped significantly since PNTC has opened. As of now, it's a flat fee of $200 per person for a year membership. $15 will get you into the public range all day if you're not into getting a membership.

The range facilities have been expanded on the public range to allow for more shooting lanes on the rifle range...and has been expanded to 300yrds.

The Frontier range was also created for long range precision matches. It has up to 1200yrds worth of hanging steel at random distance across varried terrain. I've shot several matches on it already.

I don't have photos handy of the Liberty Range, but I'll see if I can get some up.

I highly suggest you at least take the time to go see the facility.

1624 Brannons Ford Rd.
    Gerrardstown, WV 25420
    304-229-GUNS

Frontier Range...I was there checking it out in the rain...top left corner of where they clear-cut ranged at 1200yrds

1000yrd line during an F-Class match...electronic targets in use.

thrusty

Patriot
    Jun 25, 2012
    Found some more on my phone.

FNH's 3-Gun Nation...I believe this was the first match (Nov 2011).

Trap

1000yrd (Patriot Range)

Electronic Target Systems

My 3-shot group at 1000 yrds

600yrd F-Class Match with electronic target system

Special event for Wounded Warriors...1000yrd targets in background

ten75ice

Career Fire Fighter
    Mar 12, 2011
    Falling Waters, WV
    Joined a few months ago, and will be an RSO there this year. Very nice facility, with very professional staff. Public rifle range has metal plates at 300 yards. They are open Thursday to Sunday, weather permitting. Call first, if temps have been below freezing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom