• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!

Just trying to be free
    Jan 21, 2012
    9 Mar Livescan completed, photos and app sent in along with copy of DD214 as it said on the app.

12 Mar Delivered according to USPS tracking
    16 Mar check cashed, "81191" written on check in lower right corner
    As of today, no call from MSP, no letter from CJIS and no call to references

I did not include anything that wasn't asked for specifically in the app, even though I hold Fla, Utah and Va permits.

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    Mark392001 said:
    Delivered and signed for by MSP 3/12 10:56am by TFC E. Brown.

Got my letter from DPS today confirming I am not a MD criminal, however they listed my DOB (only the month) wrong. Will call tomorrow to address.

Mr H

Banana'd
    "No criminal history was found under the Maryland statute or regulation authorizing you to receive the information."

There are laws preventing people from knowing the results of their check???

"A fingerprint supported national criminal history record check has been initiated. The results of that investigation will be sent to the requesting agency only."

And we don't get to know the results of the broader investigation.

Thank you Sir... May I have another?

cantonglocker

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 27, 2011
    Pasadena
    update:
    3/13 application received by MSP
    3/20 md background check letter received - no criminal history
    3/21 check cleared. # written on check appears to be 812_ _ is VERY hard to read the last 2 numbers

m0bas

Feb 26, 2012
    3/12: One Stop Shop MD LiveScan, Mailed app to MSP, Express Mail.
    3/13: Delivery confirmation.
    3/20: Letter from CJIS, No Criminal History.
    3/20: Check cleared bank, number 81229 on check.

I have NOT been called yet for an interview.

dlmcbm

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2011
    Sabillasville, Md.
    03/13/2012 Fingerprints
    03/14/2012 mailed app.
    03/15/2012 app. received
    03/20/2012 received background check in the mail... all clear
    03/21/2012 check cleared the bank. The number appears to be 81321
    No phone call yet.
    I will update if it happens

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    Mark392001 said:
    Got my letter from DPS today confirming I am not a MD criminal, however they listed my DOB (only the month) wrong. Will call tomorrow to address.

Found out the typo on my letter won't affect anything as the info was correct in the system. The background is based on the fingerprint data and SSN#.

Mr H

Banana'd
    3/12: One Stop Shop MD LiveScan, Mailed app to MSP, Express Mail.
    3/13: Delivery confirmation.
    3/20: Letter from CJIS, No Criminal History.
    3/20: Check cleared bank, number 81229 on check.

I have NOT been called yet for an interview.

My timeline is the same, but still no cashed check.

I realize I've asked this elsewhere, but I'm trying to get a feel for whether anyone whose CJIS came back clean AND had no Page 10 has received a call.

More casual curiosity than anything.

Hotrod Diesel

Here for the Beer...
    Mar 7, 2012
    Parkville
    I am confused about everyone with "clear" page 10, it specifically instructed to put employment information on page 10. I have not received a call, I was an early application. My background check would indicate that the us govt trust me greatly, but then again my photos look like America's most wanted. Maybe they are profiling? Also seeing the # range of applications, I believe less than 500 people have submitted @ this point...

Mr H

Banana'd
    I am confused about everyone with "clear" page 10, it specifically instructed to put employment information on page 10. I have not received a call, I was an early application. My background check would indicate that the us govt trust me greatly, but then again my photos look like America's most wanted. Maybe they are profiling? Also seeing the # range of applications, I believe less than 500 people have submitted @ this point...

As I read it, with employer information requested on the main app page, and Page 10 for "employers for the past 5 years", it appeared redundant since I've been at the same place nearly 14 years.

rambling_one

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Bowie, MD
    12-Mar Submitted application
    14-Mar Application received by MSP
    20-Mar DPS & Correctional Services - No Criminal Activity Report
    20-Mar Check cashed - #81278
    ? Telephone interview

Hotrod Diesel

Here for the Beer...
    Mar 7, 2012
    Parkville
    As I read it, with employer information requested on the main app page, and Page 10 for "employers for the past 5 years", it appeared redundant since I've been at the same place nearly 14 years.

Yes, I included that as well, but according to msi the main page is asking for employment only if it pertains to your reason for permit, I read it as you did ( I submitted before msi had sample posted), but I included it on page 10 as well.

LCPIWB

Needs an avatar
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 17, 2011
    Underneath the blimp, Md.

Yes, based on people's noting of the "81xxx" number that is written on returned checks, it is not looking to promising to me in terms of numbers. I am definately hoping they get buried with applications. (5000+ is what I consider buried)

3/12/12 Fingerprints, Photo, Notary
    3/12/12 Application sent by next day mail with signature required
    3/13/12 MSP signed for permit app
    3/20/12 MSP cashed check for permit app
    3/21/12 Got my CJIS background check back in the mail.

9 days in so far not to bad, still waiting on call for interview.

Last edited:

Brychan

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2009
    Baltimore
    3/19/12 Mug shots taken
    3/21/12 fingerprinted, notarized, mailed. (went to a place on Security Ave, $54.50 for prints, notary free.)

Come on Judge Legg, deny the AG his stay.

Just trying to be free
    Jan 21, 2012
    I am pretty sure the app's are being farmed out to the various "local" barracks for the processing/interview part maybe for what area you reside in? That would explain why some have gotten calls and some haven't yet? No real way to tell. They cashed my check so i know they have my app.

Some of the speculation is maybe those of us with DD214's aren't being interviewed as soon as others? Maybe it is app loading for some barracks versus a lighter load at others?

Again, who really knows. I am still waiting for my letter to come in from CJIS as I was printed/Livescanned on the 9th. Still no letter, still no call from MSP. I have been watching the mail like a hawk with the anticipation of like waiting for a check for a million dollars!

Not worried at all, I have high level security clearance for DoD, nothing to hide, could be the US Mail service for all I know!

Warpspasm

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2010
    Harford, Co.
    Got my record check back today and there were no problems. OTHER THAN THE FACT MY LAST NAME WAS SPELLED WRONG!!! The guy at Absolute in Towson put it in the system wrong. He said he'd correct it, but obviously that's not the case. I called the Department of Public Safety and Correctional Services and they told me to fax a copy of my DL along with the letter they sent, with the correct spelling noted. I really hope this takes care of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom