• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dave MP

Retired USA
    Jun 13, 2010
    Farmland, PA
    [FONT=&quot]Welcome from Dundalk!
    Take a look at these [/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]helpful[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot] links – LOTS of [/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]amazing[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot] info!

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]FORUM RULES[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Please consider donating to the legal defense fund to support the UNITED CHALLENGE OF THE MARYLAND FIREARMS BAN[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

SB 281:
    [/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]A detailed summary for non-lawyers[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Legal Defense Thread[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Range Etiquette and Staying Safe[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Admin News and Announcements[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Gun Rights and Legislation[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Industry Partners[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]MD Shooters Firearms Map[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Acronym list[/FONT][/FONT]

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA

Attachments

• MSI welcome msg.jpg
      MSI welcome msg.jpg
      38.3 KB · Views: 101

rarefish383

Apr 23, 2015
    Mt Airy
    Hey guys, I'm an old time Marylander. My family settled in MD in 1721, it's hard to believe where our great state has gone. I'm about to retire and have been getting into hand loading and high tech target guns. If I manage to hang around a while you'll notice I can be a bit of a wise guy and can have a bit of an off beat sense of humor. Like trying to make a shorter introduction than the new guy before me. Anyway, here's a pic of my new long range, state of the art optics, .228 chuck gun.

At least it was state of the art in 1912 when it was built. It's a Savage 1899 H Take Down in 22 High Power, with a 3X Wm Malcolm scope in micro adjustable scope mounts. The 22 HP is also known as the 5.56X52R and is getting a little hard to find. If you happen to kick up a dusty old box of ammo I'd be interested in buying or trading for it. Thanks for the welcome, Joe.

rarefish383

Apr 23, 2015
    Mt Airy
    Dang, I should just throw the rifle down over the hill, everybody that sees that picture wants the slab. Kinda like how do you prepare a Carp. Put it on a Pine board, season, cook at 350 for one hour, throw the Carp away and eat the Pine board. Well, anyone who wants one of those Fir slabs, cut to length for their long gun, planed and sanded smooth, and urethaned, can have one even up for one box of 20 rounds of 22 HiPower, also known as 5.56X52R.

Now as for the rifle, I will not throw it over the hill, I've taken a fancy to it. I belong to a Savage club and the Malcolm scope has been a point of interest. It is period correct, with the correct adjustable mounts. Some vintage pictures we have found of Savage 99's with Malcolm scopes show the rear scope mount moved farther to the rear than mine. So, that raised the question of which way was correct and when was my scope mounted. Savage has a historian and for $25 you can get a letter with the sales info for your gun. Yesterday I got my letter and now we know that mine is mounted properly, and I am a happy camper. The original consignee was The Malcolm Rifle Telescope Co. In a couple weeks a bunch of us Savage guys are heading up to my farm in WV for a couple days of shootin. When we get back I'll let you know how 103 year old deer gun shoots, Joe

BigDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 7, 2014
    I like the gun better than the slabs. If you haven't shot a chuck with it, you should.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom