• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jun 27, 2015
    Martinsburg, WV
    Just a FYI we have had some issues with a SLR Adjustable Gas Block. The issue has been addressed by SLR and they take fault in the situation due to that it has happened before. The Adjustment screw eventually will split in half and has to be replaced with a newer Gen screw that they will send free of charge. If you are running one of these blocks and run into the issue of a single shot rifle, then check this screw and it probably is the root of your problem.

Attachments

• 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      28.4 KB · Views: 312
    • 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      25 KB · Views: 301

GottaEat

Aug 24, 2014
    SOMD
    They are running a sale for the weekend. Would it be safe to assume that if I order one it would ship with the latest hardware?

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    SLR will send owners a new Adjuster if you ask.
    Yes, saw that on a review recently.. they have upgraded them a couple month ago (according to this review) and will gladly send a replacement for older ones. I need to do this.. lol

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Yes, saw that on a review recently.. they have upgraded them a couple month ago (according to this review) and will gladly send a replacement for older ones. I need to do this.. lol

Me too!:innocent0

GottaEat

Aug 24, 2014
    SOMD
    A little off topic(didn't want to start a new thread), but the slr website says that gas block (sentry 7) has a height of 1.4in. Was thinking about getting a hand guard from them too but it is described as having an ID of 1.3. Math says it doesn't fit. Anyone with this combo?

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    A little off topic(didn't want to start a new thread), but the slr website says that gas block (sentry 7) has a height of 1.4in. Was thinking about getting a hand guard from them too but it is described as having an ID of 1.3. Math says it doesn't fit. Anyone with this combo?

I don't think that counts for the space under the top rail, just the overall diameter.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD

That's overall height. Your looking at a minimum of .225 clearance with your explanation.

The SLR is slightly pregnant on one side and some rails need to be relieved there to eliminate contact.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Not a giant difference. I've noticed they've also done away with the 'widowed' series. Never trusted it anyways. You're not really giving that much up in weight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom