• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tomh

Jul 21, 2008
    Well the property I had lined up fell through. It was a relative and for some strange reason after 5 months in progress she pulled the plug on the deal.

So I'm back to looking into alternatives, and may not end up in Virginia after all.

I hear Pennsylvania, North and South Carolina are equally good in terms of being pro-gun. In fact, maybe moreso with Virginia's current Governor.

Needless to say, thanks for all of the above info.

aaron.foulk

Feb 16, 2013
    If I'm not mistaken, all person to person handgun sales in PA require an FFL transfer and all associated state and federal paperwork. There are definitely a bunch of great clubs to join for not a lot of money, though.

tomh

Jul 21, 2008
    Well, I'm back in negotiation to purchase another property in VA. Guess I'll keep trying.

tomh

Jul 21, 2008
    It's *HARD* to get out of Maryland, but I am once again bidding on a property in Virginia. I was sidetracked when my first agreed-to purchase of a property (from a relative) fell through, but I have a tentative agreement already for a new property and the formal offer is going in as soon as the paperwork is done.

Now, that doesn't mean I abandon my Maryland Citizenship right away, have to determine when to do that (Wife will be staying in MD to continue working for a while unfortunately) but I wonder where my one conservative pro-2A vote would be best served?

SWO Daddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2011
    It's sad reading through this thread and seeing how few people understand how a gun can be bought /sold in a free state.... :/

Signifier

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    No I intend to MOVE to VA as soon as a property sale goes through. I'm escaping from MD as soon as I can. I will keep two residences, but my wife will remain trapped in MD due to her employment.

I will be spending more time in VA than MD obviously...

I'm researching all the ramifications of changing my residency to VA, and so far can find no negatives why VA isn't already better than MD.

Seriously, I have lived in MD my whole life, and the politics have done nothing but infuriate me for the last decade or so. MD is F**ked up due to the damn gun control zealots starting with Curran.

I'm also moving to Virginia sometime next year, really can't wait to leave this state.

tomh

Jul 21, 2008
    It's sad reading through this thread and seeing how few people understand how a gun can be bought /sold in a free state.... :/

You mean because we have been deprived of our rights so long, we are afraid of reprisals and making mistakes?

wabbit

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2010
    Now, that doesn't mean I abandon my Maryland Citizenship right away, have to determine when to do that (Wife will be staying in MD to continue working for a while unfortunately) but I wonder where my one conservative pro-2A vote would be best served?

Your vote would be better put to use in VA. More people are needed to counter the influx of liberals fleeing DC and it's high cost of living, horrible traffic, parking problems, crime, and congestion, only to bring their liberal politics that are a cause of many of these problems. Just visit Arlington and you'll see what I mean.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom