• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Decoy

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 2, 2007
    Dystopia
    Reinforces how important voting in the primary is.

Good for everyone of us that are now registered democrats, eager to vote inn the primary.

Have we compiled a voting list for our fellow DINO's? Some races do not have incumbents to vote out.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    Joppa, to clarify, any Independent, not just anyone.

Correct?

Ah, no. THIS independent is a democrat. David Catania is an openly gay former Republican that is VERY popular with the District's hipsters and there are a lot of those. This could actually be a showdown between the mainstream Democratic machine and it's African American supporters and the young, white liberal hipsters that have moved to the city in droves.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    So he is an Independent Democrat. I guess as long as he doesn't have an R next to his name he's got a good a chance as anyone, as you point out.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    Usually I'd say the Dem is a lock, but this really could be a battle of old DC vs. new DC.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Maybe if it is new DC, the stream of politicians headed to prison would slow down, but never eliminated. They're politicians after all.

axshon

Ultimate Member
    May 23, 2010
    Howard County
    Throwing out the incumbent free ride is not a bad thing even if the guy who replaces him is also an idiot. The inside 'arrangements' and influence peddling networks must be rebuilt costing time and treasure and risking exposure.

I think this is a small confirmation of the DINO movement. Its a stretch sure but its possible to at least shake them up.

Replace the incumbent two or three times in a row and you might start to see changes. The progressives learned the long game about a hundred years ago. Sure as hell took us long enough to catch up...

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter

highfructosecornsyrup

Apr 2, 2012
    baltimore city
    If the hipsters are registered to vote. Hopefully, they are.

problem with cities that have young people moving in, most of them still have what ever suburban addy they came from (while in school, or renting with friends)

Chances are many of them are not registered to vote in that city, however anyone there working a govt job has probably changed their addy...

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Sorry to be Debbie downer but the hipsters aren't going to do jack poop for our cause.

They could care less. Maybe you guys are seeing it as a step in the right direction....or something but this has nothing to do with Dino.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    I agree. The hipsters are maybe even more left wing than the Dem establishment. The establishment still needs the ministers for support. The hipsters have everyone at Busboys and Poets.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    Sorry to be Debbie downer but the hipsters aren't going to do jack poop for our cause.

Not expecting them to either.

"The enemy of my enemy is my friend" philosphy is applicable in this instance. If the corruption laiden Democratic machine can be dismantled in DC, then there may still be hope.

Claybreaker 2

Aug 25, 2013
    Frederick County
    Any infighting among the D's would hopefully divert them from extending their oppression of our rights and expansion of the welfare system we are being taxed to pay for. Has to be better that status quo.

nutz

Closer to 5's than 10's
    Jun 29, 2011
    Near Indian Head, Md.

They could care less. Maybe you guys are seeing it as a step in the right direction....or something but this has nothing to do with Dino.

I know Ellerbe and his crew are now sweating bullets. What about your side of the house?

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Have we compiled a voting list for our fellow DINO's? Some races do not have incumbents to vote out.

Great question, yes!

Topshelf and a few others have been working on this for a while. Check it out: http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=147366

My district is very safe, we have only one delegate that voted for SB281, and she has decided to get out of politics all together. I'd like to think our efforts to educate her and pledges to oppose her on every level may have influenced her decision.

So instead, I plan to join with others and 'adopt a district'. Any suggestions? :)

wheelgun

Feb 23, 2009
    Ah, no. THIS independent is a democrat. David Catania is an openly gay former Republican that is VERY popular with the District's hipsters [/U]and there are a lot of those. This could actually be a showdown between the mainstream Democratic machine and it's African American supporters and the young, white liberal hipsters that have moved to the city in droves.

Wow,
    sounds like choosing between a kick in the nuts or an anal probe.:kicknuts::moon:

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.

But they tend to be anti government. And anti control. And gay men in particular have been known to think of armed self dense as a right and ,regrettably, a necessity. Anything that weakens the machine is a help IMHO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    adamc904

Latest threads

Top Bottom