• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Augie

Ultimate Member
    Sep 30, 2007
    Central MD
    I'm getting ready to sell off some of my C&R guns and pretty much know what to ask for them other than this Preduzece 44 K98.
    Nice looking gun, good to very good bore, capture screws and cleaning rod. Numbers match on receiver, bolt body, and mag floor plate, don't know about internal bolt parts, have not taken it apart,no number on barrel. Stock is walnut that has been heavily sanded.
    All in all its a nice looking K98 that should make a good shooter, any input as to value is appreciated.

Attachments

• DSCN0957.jpg
      DSCN0957.jpg
      55.1 KB · Views: 6,988
    • DSCN0958.jpg
      DSCN0958.jpg
      53 KB · Views: 6,603
    • DSCN0959.jpg
      DSCN0959.jpg
      45.2 KB · Views: 8,849
    • DSCN0960.jpg
      DSCN0960.jpg
      72.1 KB · Views: 6,440
    • DSCN0961.jpg
      DSCN0961.jpg
      51.2 KB · Views: 7,037
    • DSCN0962.jpg
      DSCN0962.jpg
      67.3 KB · Views: 6,571
    • DSCN0963.jpg
      DSCN0963.jpg
      42.4 KB · Views: 6,290

Furious George

May 10, 2010
    These rifles were refurbed by the Yugoslavian government after WWII. The original ownerns didn't need them anymore and left them behind.

This included scrubbing the original markings, applying the Yugoslavian crest and the "Preduzece 44" markings. It essentially means "Factory #44."

Everything was renumbered, including the receivers. Sometimes if you look at them in the right light, you can still see the orignal German factory markings.

While some collectors cringe at the scrubbed markings, on the whole these refurbs are of much higher quality and the RC K98's. Most I have seen have very nice bores. They make great shooting rifles.

The one pictured above looks like a really solid specimen of the type.

They sold in the $160 - $189 range retail in the late 90's.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    These rifles were refurbed by the Yugoslavian government after WWII. The original ownerns didn't need them anymore and left them behind.

This included scrubbing the original markings, applying the Yugoslavian crest and the "Preduzece 44" markings. It essentially means "Factory #44."

Everything was renumbered, including the receivers. Sometimes if you look at them in the right light, you can still see the orignal German factory markings.

While some collectors cringe at the scrubbed markings, on the whole these refurbs are of much higher quality and the RC K98's. Most I have seen have very nice bores. They make great shooting rifles.

The one pictured above looks like a really solid specimen of the type.

They sold in the $160 - $189 range retail in the late 90's.

This one doesnt look peened, I am interested if it isnt peened and YS passess.

Furious George

May 10, 2010
    This one doesnt look peened, I am interested if it isnt peened and YS passess.

With the Preduzece reworks you will find that all markings were ground off the receiver aside from the "Mod. 98" on the receiver wall.

Waffenampts and other markings were left intact on other parts.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    I'd go along with around $250-350. One nice thing on your rifle is the bolt matches, most of the Yugo refurb K98's I've seen (including mine) don't.

Scott7891

Love those Combloc guns
    Sep 4, 2007
    Back in MD sadly
    I had one. Sold it for about $250 a year ago. Might have gone up a little since then. Although collectible and uncommon they are not in high demand cause they don't have some of the nazi markings and historical value since the Serbs essentially erased all traces of what and where the rifle was built from.

Augie

Ultimate Member
    Sep 30, 2007
    Central MD
    Yellowsled, hope you enjoy it, it's a solid good looking rifle.
    Jim, that one does have a bent bolt handle as most K98's, the angle of my picture makes it look straight. A lot of these did have mismatched straight handle bolts.

KMK1862

Ultimate Member
    Oct 12, 2010
    York County, PA
    now the question is should i get a front replacement sight hood for it?

I like my guns to be complete, so, if it were mine, I'd get a sight hood installed. I'm assuming that it has the slots for the sight hood in the FSB? Early K98ks didn't have sight hoods, but I don't know much about these Yugo re-works.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom