Larry Hogan "supports" the second amendment...

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Panzer Radeo

National Wanderer
    Apr 21, 2014
    I don't believe it. When I heard about this guy running for governor, I liked his views on jobs, taxes, etc, but I noticed he NEVER mentions restoring constitutional rights to Maryland.

I went on their Facebook page and inquired what his plans were and the only answer I received was, "He's a supporter of the second amendment." I replied back saying that didn't answer my question, so I asked again. They said "If you would like to discuss it further, please give our offices a call." I replied back, "Why should I have to call your offices to receive an answer on a topic that would earn you votes in Maryland? What's there to hide? Would you want everyone to see how pro-gun you are and know your plans to give back gun rights to Maryland residents?" They simply said, "Give us a call and we'll explain."

I humored them. I called their offices and asked the same question, "What will Larry Hogan do to restore constitutional rights to Maryland residents?" They gave the exact same response... "He's a supporter." Unsatisfied, I went back onto their facebook page and wrote the entire conversation from start to end in regards to this exchange. They banned me.

It turns out they banned anyone who asked anything about gun rights from their page. I will not be voting for this Rino. Don't take my word for it though. Look into it yourself. He needs these votes if he's going to become the new governor of the People's Republic of Maryland.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    I like what he has to say but agree its what he doesn't say that bothers me. Yet its obvious he needs the liberal middle more than he probably needs the pro-right to carry votes - but that's only in the general election - and he isn't going to get there without winning the primary. Saying he is pro-2A is a play out of the Dems book - it means nothing - but doesn't necessarily mean he isn't pro carry. That's the political game he seems to feel he must play? You don't have many options. Craig has expressed his pro-carry stance. He is my choice for the time being.

aireyc

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    I'm tired of politicians being politicians. Have some balls and speak the truth! None of these bozos will get my vote if they think they have to play the political games. We don't need any more people who are running because they want to hold the office. We need people who run because they feel they can help their city/state/country, and will be as honest as possible. Anybody who hides information or changes views solely to get elected cares more about the job prospect than the constituency, and that is the root of our problem. They do what they have to do in order to get elected/re-elected, and they sell us out in the process.

occbrian

Ultimate Member
    Jan 3, 2013
    in a cave
    David Craig. Pro 2nd Amendment and concealed carry. Got to talk to him to find out what he's going to do about it.

Agree. (ETA- agree that Craig is pro2a)

His chief of staff wears a camo Remington hat almost everywhere.

Last edited:

Panzer Radeo

National Wanderer
    Apr 21, 2014
    Agree.

His chief of staff wears a camo Remington hat almost everywhere.

I certainly wouldn't vote for someone just because they wear a camo hat :P Especially since the Freedom Group took over remington. Hopefully, I can dig up some info on his chief of staff. Haven't really read too much into Craig and his.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Hogan is pro-2A. I have spoken with him personally. He's trying to win an election in a strongly anti-gun State. What happens to his chances of winning the "D" votes that he needs if there is a whole bunch of 2A stuff all over everything?

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    I just called his office. A gentleman named Paul answered.

I asked how Mr. Hogan plans to protect and restore Marylander's 2A rights. He put me on hold for 1 minute and told me he (Paul) cannot answer beyond what is on their website and facebook page. He had me leave a voicemail on the campaign manager's phone. If I get a call back, I will report the results.

occbrian

Ultimate Member
    Jan 3, 2013
    in a cave
    I certainly wouldn't vote for someone just because they wear a camo hat :P Especially since the Freedom Group took over remington. Hopefully, I can dig up some info on his chief of staff. Haven't really read too much into Craig and his.

It was just an anecdote. I've spoken to Craig. I also agree with Teratos that Hogan is pro-2a, but can't yell it out if he wants to win the general.

Last edited:

Mooseman

R.I.P.- Hooligan #4
    Jan 3, 2012
    Western Maryland
    When will he stand up and declare who he is? Will he come out on our side after he wins his second term? After all, if he comes out supporting 2A during his first term, he might not get reelected.

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    Hogan is pro-2A. I have spoken with him personally. He's trying to win an election in a strongly anti-gun State. What happens to his chances of winning the "D" votes that he needs if there is a whole bunch of 2A stuff all over everything?
    That's kind of what I was thinking as I read down through the thread. If you want to win, you've got to play the game, and that doesn't include blabbing how pro-gun you are, even if you are. That's a perfect way to lose almost every vote in Baltimore City, and PG, Montgomery and Howard counties, and the last time I checked, you needed those areas to win a gubernatorial election in this state.

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    When will he stand up and declare who he is? Will he come out on our side after he wins his second term? After all, if he comes out supporting 2A during his first term, he might not get reelected.

Ehrlich was going to be our buddy in his second term. We waited for four years because it was smart, and still got nothing. In the unlikely scenario that a Republican becomes governor, I don't want to hear about him needing to lie low for 2018. Let's do the right thing now.

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    Ehrlich was going to be our buddy in his second term. We waited for four years because it was smart, and still got nothing. In the unlikely scenario that a Republican becomes governor, I don't want to hear about him needing to lie low for 2018. Let's do the right thing now.
    In retrospect it's easy to make the claim we got cheated, but no one can see the future, and the fact that Ehrlich got elected in the first place was practically a miracle, and he knew that no matter what, it was going to be an uphill climb to a second term. As it was, he lost. Had he been pro-gun the whole time, it would have absolutely guaranteed losing his bid for reelection. Again, it's easy to armchair quarterback it in retrospect, but something altogether different when the future still looms ahead.

IF we can put another Republican in the Governors mansion in Annapolis, do we want to relegate that person to a single term on purpose?

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.

Looking for a pro-gun buddy in the gov mansion is good, but there is only so much the gov can do. It also takes a pro-gun legislature. O'Malley lied, and people were irritated because the electricity rates just went up (not Ehrlich's fault, bad timing). Maryland will need a bump from the courts I think as well.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Looking for a pro-gun buddy in the gov mansion is good, but there is only so much the gov can do. It also takes a pro-gun legislature. O'Malley lied, and people were irritated because the electricity rates just went up (not Ehrlich's fault, bad timing). Maryland will need a bump from the courts I think as well.

Ehrlich lied to the 2A community. He said (his words) we would "have a seat at the table". John Josselyn's description of post-election events in a nutshell is: "We couldn't find the building containing the hallway that led to the table where that chair was". People are right to be concerned about what candidates promise. With all 3 candidates, Lollar, Hogan, Craig, I believe they are 2A friendly. I think other factors should decide who you vote for. Also, as already mentioned, there is only so much a governor can do. We should not expect SB281 to be overturned etc.

aireyc

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Some of you just don't seem to get it, and I don't know what it will take for you to understand what's going on. You have to think outside the box, and I don't know if it's BGOS or what, but in the few years I've been following this forum, it's clear that the attitude among many hasn't changed much at all.

The fact remains that politicians only care about getting elected. That's it. Nothing else matters. And a lot of you will support Republicans who will hide their views to get elected, and argue that doing so is a good thing because the only way you're going to win is if you act like a liberal or don't show your hand.

But the fact remains, even winning elections doesn't mean a damn thing as far as pushing through a more conservative agenda. In fact, it doesn't mean much of anything at all as long as you aren't pushing a liberal agenda. Look no further than Ehrlich's inability to get slot machines. The liberals agreed with slots in principle, they just refused to give the victory to a Republican, and they waited for MOM so they could say "look what we did!" If they're not going to vote for gun rights while a Democrat is in office, why would you expect them to vote for gun rights when a Republican holds the governorship? They're not.

The only way we're ever going to restore our liberties is to flush out the current government and replace them with many, many liberty-loving people. But how is that going to happen when those people are too afraid to stand up for liberty in their own campaigns? They can't think too highly of it...

At best we can expect a governor who won't push through more anti-gun BS, and who may make a few minor changes administratively, but won't do a thing beyond that. And what's really pathetic is that so many here will call that a "victory" for our side because we're accustomed to living in a liberal state, and any time we can slow down the train to tyranny, that's considered a win, even though nothing will ever happen legislatively that puts the train in reverse. Our hopes hinge on judicial proceedings and nothing more.

The ONLY solution to the problem is the one I hear the least about, and that's education. The only way we're ever going to have success is when it doesn't pay to be liberal anymore. And I feel one of the best opportunities to educate people is through the election cycle, which is one of the only times the public will listen to any form of debate. Yet all I hear is the same old nonsense from these guys who are too afraid to articulate what they even stand for. It's amateur hour once again in Maryland politics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom