• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    Just tell her she can't shoot semiauto. Even if her life depended on it. She'll have you down at the range in no time. :D

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    I could list about a dozen books that would convince her otherwise, but it sounds like she's more inclined to an interactive explanation. So, along with taking her to the range for some practical experience, have her watch this ...

Penn And Teller: Gun Control - Full Episode

Yep, this.

Some people never get it until they have the crap scared out of them and realize only in that instant how important a firearm is.

Last edited:

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    Yep, this.

Some people never get it until they have the crap scared out of them and realize only in that instand how important a firearm is.

Or worse; they and/or their family are victimized by the low criminal element such as beaten to a pulp and/or raped and/or killed.

TxAggie

Ultimate Member
    Feb 25, 2012
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    Back to the OP, I guess this is where your skills as a salesperson comes in. Don't expect an immediate convert, I'm on 18 years and counting with my wife. When we married, she swore we would never have a gun in the house. Last night, she admitted to a friend of ours that guns is my hobby. :)

If they aren't flat out anti gun, then there's hope.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    This video explains the advantage of semi-auto.

http://vimeo.com/105516454

The guy on the left with the semi-auto is able to concentrate on aiming and firing.
    The guy on the right with the bolt action is getting quite a work-out.

Point out to her that target shooting is really just a noisy form of Yoga.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    If the OP is inclined to following my option #2 from my previous post :

Life is too short to spend the rest of your life with a SO leading them to water, and watching them not drink.. If signifigent 2A progress is not made within 2 range trips or 30 days , whichever comes first, either move on entirly , or compartmentalize them.

G O B

Ultimate Member
    Nov 17, 2007
    Cen TX
    "A well regulated Militia..." The PLAIN meaning of this phrase is that the People have the DUTY to arm themselves with the SAME weapons as those currently use by the common foot soldier.

abean4187

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2013
    This really isn’t enough information to answer this question. Gun issues are really not a good reason to dump someone over unless they are rabidly anti gun aka “retarded”. This woman just sounds like a fence sitter, maybe have a nice date night that coincides with some range time and see how it goes.

Anotherpyr

Ultimate Member
    There are pros and cons to hunting with semi autos. The pros are less time suffering if the first shot wasn't one the mark. The cons are that many will take shots they shouldn't with a semi auto. I think that is what turns many hunters off on semi autos. When your hunting buddy empties his magazine and doesn't even hit once you start looking for a new, non-semi auto carrying hunting buddy.

I figure if the 2A were just for state militias then why didn't they confiscate guns from those who weren't members after the revolutionary war? The antis arguments are a load of crap and they know it. So they spend a lot of time coming up with ways to market it to make it sound like fertilizer. It's good for the children (crops).

tourrider

Grumpy
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 9, 2009
    Corry, PA
    We don't need a/c and power windows in our car, but it's nice to have. We don't need a microwave to survive, but they are handy. We all like the latest and greatest.

Sent from Foxtrot-Mike 19

gungate

NRA Patron Member
    Apr 5, 2012
    Damascus. MD
    We are going to go to the range and she'll shoot whatever I give her. I suspect we'll have a convert. I have yet to have someone shoot that didn't enjoy it. She's going to love my Tommy gun!

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    how long did it take to realize she was crazy? seems like you should have questioned her on her beliefs right away. once you establish someone has this mindset you should end it right then and there. everyone saying bang her and dump her next thing that leads to her being knocked up and raising a little anti gun liberal nut case. there are enough of them already.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom