• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    So, long story short. I just got a new Infiniti Q 50 hybrid sport and apparently the dealership screwed up and canceled my tags and registration.

So needless to say the officer was a little nervous as he approached my vehicle thinking something was wrong. Interestingly enough though when I presented him with my ID and my carry permit he seemed to relax.

He asked me where my gun was I told him on my 4 o'clock. He asked me if I was retired police or ex-military and I said no, just a business owner.

He went back to his car for about five minutes then came back with a printed out warning for me to fix my registration and license plate issue. All in all a very easy-going stop.

I should also note I was going 5 miles an hour over the speed limit and he never mentioned that.

This was in Howard county by the way

Congratulations, you met one of the vast majority of police officers that treat citizens with respect and due caution. No doubt he ran you for priors and your permit. Before returning to give you the warning.

All sounds right to me.

cogcon

COGCON
    MDS Supporter
    you should of badged him

ConcealedWeaponDarkRibbonBadge200.jpg

ericahls

Aug 31, 2011
    Elkridge MD
    Congratulations, you met one of the vast majority of police officers that treat citizens with respect and due caution. No doubt he ran you for priors and your permit. Before returning to give you the warning. All sounds right to me.
    I should also note, that I did my part. When he pulled me over I made sure to move my car as far off the road as possible. And when he approached the car my hands were on the steering wheel at the 12 o'clock. I only took them off to comply with his requests.

sweet j

Dec 30, 2013
    Silver Spring
    A buddy of mine got pulled over once. When the officer walked up he said ma'am I have a carry permit and I am carrying. She said sir I'm not looking for any excitement so how about you don't pull yours and I don't pull mine. He said sounds good to me. She told him to slow it down and have a nice day. Didn't even as for his license or permit. Things are so much easier in the south.

brownspotz

Ultimate Member
    Oct 22, 2013
    in Hazzard county of all places...how are you not in jail and not on the local news??? how come all the schools weren't placed on lockdown? :sarcasm:

HauptsAriba

Feb 16, 2014
    Anne Arundel
    So, long story short. I just got a new Infiniti Q 50 hybrid sport and apparently the dealership screwed up and canceled my tags and registration.

So needless to say the officer was a little nervous as he approached my vehicle thinking something was wrong. Interestingly enough though when I presented him with my ID and my carry permit he seemed to relax.

He asked me where my gun was I told him on my 4 o'clock. He asked me if I was retired police or ex-military and I said no, just a business owner.

He went back to his car for about five minutes then came back with a printed out warning for me to fix my registration and license plate issue. All in all a very easy-going stop.

I should also note I was going 5 miles an hour over the speed limit and he never mentioned that.

This was in Howard county by the way
    Just curious , but you have a MD non res as a VA resident and business owner we would assume? Also curious ( just curious ) why you would chose to disclose your CCW when in MD you are not required to do so. Might be just a good practice, I don't think anyone would disagree. Again, just curious..

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    I got stopped outside Chesapeake VA last July headed to the OBX.. I told the cop first thing I was carrying. He said "thanks for letting me know" Total non event.

Most Cops don't like surprises. I inform as a courtesy.

ericahls

Aug 31, 2011
    Elkridge MD
    Just curious , but you have a MD non res as a VA resident and business owner we would assume? Also curious ( just curious ) why you would chose to disclose your CCW when in MD you are not required to do so. Might be just a good practice, I don't think anyone would disagree. Again, just curious..
    I am from md. My bio is a little fake. Keeping NSA working hard.

I gave the officer my carry permit as a courtesy.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    There is no such thing as a MD Non resident permit. MD issues permits. It's the same for out of state as in state residents.

Nit picking I know.

Attachments

• md permit.jpg
      md permit.jpg
      43.8 KB · Views: 429

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    North Carolina you are suppose to tell the officer. Need to keep a playbook if you travel.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    I go to www.handgunlaw.us and print out the state page for every state I'm gonna be in when traveling.

If I read the NC page correctly, you must inform the officer upon approach or if addressed if you have a permit. You don't even need to be carrying.

strange but that's what I read it as.

I read this stuff when I went to the OBX last July.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mantis

Latest threads

Top Bottom