• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bisleyfan44

Ultimate Member
    Jan 11, 2008
    Wicomico
    Talked to one of the longer-term employees at Gander in Salisbury a couple weeks ago. He stated the GM has re-signed their lease and were planning on extending the firearm dept across most of the back of the store. If you're facing the gun counter, the new layout would include the current space and extend the whole way to the left end of the store.

I told him that would be great as long as prices remained competitive and included substantially more used inventory.

Here's to hoping....:beer:

Bisleyfan44

Ultimate Member
    Jan 11, 2008
    Wicomico
    That's why I said "Here's to hoping". Who knows?
    Got the impression he meant the increased inventory would be firearm selection. We'll see I guess. Most stuff is crazy high but when they do get .22 bulk in stock, they price it right. $25 for Fed. 525s , Thunderbolt 500s, and Yellow Jackets 525s. $20 for Fed. AutoMatch 325s.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    When the GM opened up in Fredericksburg Va, I used to stop by on the way to my Sister's house. They had a good selection of Used firearms out in isles where you could pick them up and look at them w/o needing a counter jockey. Green Top is still like this but GM is not. That's fine, but seems like GM in Salisbury does not have much used stuff.
    I did almost buy a 10/22 last weekend in Salisbury but did not do so. Not sure what they will have that they don't already have there which is popular or in demand. Ahh, Yes, youth shotguns were lacking last time I was there.

Bisleyfan44

Ultimate Member
    Jan 11, 2008
    Wicomico
    I know it's to semi-protect the guns from damage, but I liked it when they had the used stuff on a rack out on the floor where you could check 'em out. Not much used stuff for sure. And for some reason, they seem really averse to stocking ARs, even MD-legal models. They'd actually sell them..go figure.

Really don't like dealing with box stores anyway, but there isn't a whole lot of LGS on the shore. I'd love to be surrounded by the likes of 2A Sales, A1, Bollingers, Engage, Scott's, Duffy's, Lou's, etc. Be a lot poorer though, I guess.

Bisleyfan44

Ultimate Member
    Jan 11, 2008
    Wicomico
    I must have the worst timing because every time I go to either one of their stores, every shotgun and rifle looks like it had been drug down a gravel road for 2 miles, drug back to the store, then hung on the rack. Decent prices and they're usually quick to offer a better deal, but I have yet to find anything that struck me in decent condition.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom