• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • empty5853

Aug 22, 2007
    Mechanicsville
    Hello,

Can someone point me to a site that categorically states (in layman’s terms) that an M1 Carbine is C&R eligible?

I’m almost 99.99% sure it is but I’m interested in one off of GB and the seller isn’t sure he wants to ship to me, an 03 C&R FFL holder. Like most of us (myself included) he doesn’t understand all the “ins and outs” of what’s C&R eligible and what isn’t.

If I could point him to a website that states it, it might help.

Here’s what I told him

As far as the M1 Carbine being "legal" to send to someone with a Class 03 C&R FFL. I'm sure it is as there's dozen of people doing it on gunbrokers, auction arms, gunsamerica, etc.

I would think that if it wasn't legal to do so, the ATF in their infinite wisdom, would be on those people like "ugly on an ape" and shut those sites down for illegal gun trading. We all know what a "hot button" topic that is in the coming political climate."

I don’t want to offend anyone but I need something that’s somewhat official, not just a bunch of guys like myself saying “ya it’s OK because I’ve done it”.

I've thought of the ATF site but it's not very clear there either.
    Thanks for any help you can give.

Vr

Mark T.

KillerTux

Sep 28, 2007
    Odenton
    Since all USGI M1 Carbines were made between 1941 and 1945, they should be C&R following the 50 year rule (as long as they are in military configuration).
    If the M1 Carbine is from WW2 then it is also covered by:
    http://www.atf.gov/firearms/curios/sec2.htm
    -All Original military bolt action and semiautomatic rifles mfd. between 1899 and 1946.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    The WW2 M1 carbines should be covered under the 50+ year rule as long as they're in original military configuration. A lot of the newer commercial ones, like the Universals and Plainfields and Kahrs, are not covered as C&R, they're not old enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SrAIC

Latest threads

Top Bottom