SB100? Any update? Did it make it out of committee?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AGCLVP

Jan 27, 2009
    SB 100 will die in committee.

Disappointing because I wrote that bill some years ago.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    bill_died.jpg

Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD
    SB 100 will die in committee.

Disappointing because I wrote that bill some years ago.

John, while i favor your bill, i think the "one word"/"one small change" approach needs to stop. I think we need to ignore the entirety of the current carry law and pretend it doesnt exist, and submit a new carry law based on several other states, addressing all the common TPM and several concessions to the other side. These concessions while annoying, will be things already in sucessful carry laws in other states, and they will be things that our opposition can point to and tell their constituents are "tough on guns".

I'd love to talk to you about my ideas.

6pack

MSI BOD Member
    Apr 2, 2012
    Eldersburg, MD
    Just another reason for me to keep up the house hunting in PA. F**K MD I'm out!

If people like you would stay and fight, maybe things could change. Good luck in PA with an anti-gun Governor, Anti-gun AG, and an anti-gun State Police head on the way in.

I'm really sick of the negative people that just want to run and hide.

hodgepodge

Senior Member (Gold)
    Sep 3, 2009
    Arnold, MD
    SB100 and most of the bills 'we' like have not made it out of the chairman's drawer. They will not be voted upon, in the committees or the entire chamber.

I have this sense that our lords in Annapolis are just trying to protect us. KMA.

I'm staying optimistic. We put up a hell of a presence. We sent a lot of letters and made a lot of calls. We showed them we have not forgotten their treachery.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    If people like you would stay and fight, maybe things could change. Good luck in PA with an anti-gun Governor, Anti-gun AG, and an anti-gun State Police head on the way in.

I think folks are not running and hiding, they are moving to America and being free. freedom is growing most everywhere but here, and that's a fact! things are better here but at the rate things are going many of us will never see true freedom here in md. I don't blame any person smart enough to make things better for themselves and their family by merely moving across a state line.

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County

Tell me how do you fight these assholes?? The reps that are the problem won't even listen to what their constituents have to say, it does me no good to try to influence them since I have no power over them at the poles. My representatives are in line with my way of thinking so I have no idea what more I can do.
    I can assure you that I'm not to far away from free America, just a few more years so get used to hearing about running and hiding.

Jason21237

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2011
    Delta,PA

I inherited this ******** in md I wasn't even legally allowed to own a handgun until 2005. I had no idea how bad things actually were at that time because I didn't purchase right away. I bought my first handgun around age 25ish. It wasn't until after that I started to realize that Md was a sinking ship as far as gun rights go. There is nothing to fight. Those in charge don't give a shit about the constituents or what people think. Md politicians for the most part could care less about what the people actually want. They pander to minorities to get votes however they can. I moved to Pa in 2013 and don't regret it for one second. The anti gun gov and attorney general cant do shit but finger fk each other with new ideas. The legislature here is pro gun republican and democrats alike. I didn't run and hide. I left a complete and total clusterfu*k of a political situation I had no part in creating. On top of that the house I bought cost about half what it would have, the people are nicer and everything is realistic.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    [/B]

I think folks are not running and hiding, they are moving to America and being free. freedom is growing most everywhere but here, and that's a fact! things are better here but at the rate things are going many of us will never see true freedom here in md. I don't blame any person smart enough to make things better for themselves and their family by merely moving across a state line.

USA is really amazing. I go to the NRA range today, and as soon as I cross the river, I have no fear of having Firearms in my car. For anyone that really makes firearms a priority, moving is not running and hiding at all. My community of 159 homes comprises a very large portion of first generation immigrants. Did they run and hide or just want to move somewhere they considered better.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    USA is really amazing. I go to the NRA range today, and as soon as I cross the river, I have no fear of having Firearms in my car. For anyone that really makes firearms a priority, moving is not running and hiding at all. My community of 159 homes comprises a very large portion of first generation immigrants. Did they run and hide or just want to move somewhere they considered better.

:thumbsup:

abevet101

Nov 22, 2013
    Lusby, MD

I gave two years of my life in Iraq and trust me EVERY day I dreamed of coming back home to Maryland to live out my life at home in peace. Now that I am here, Maryland treats me as a second class citizen not to be trusted with a firearm on my person. I applaud law enforcement for all they do but how are they more trusted to safely handle a firearm than a member of the Armed Forces?

It's not running and hiding; it's recognizing that you're tired of the state stealing your rights. I will fight the good fight for as long as it takes but if I am at a point in my life where I can leave and things haven't changed, I am leaving this state.

beretta_maven

Free Thinking Member
    Jan 2, 2014
    SoMD

I am not from here, and only moved here for work so I have no vested interest in staying. Maryland has some of the most screwed up laws I have ever encountered, and I have lived in seven other states and more cities than I can count. And it is not just gun laws - Maryland's divorce laws are the worst I have ever seen. So am I staying to fight the fight? Absolutely not. I can retire in 6 years and the moment that happens, you may count me as gone. I simply don't need the aggravation.

Song Dog

Jan 2, 2013
    Eastern Shore -Delmarva
    [/B]

X2

The last stat I saw Maryland was # 11 out of 50 of residents leaving the state;
    Taxes were the # 1 reason while 2A wasn't on the list while I'm sure it was on the minds of some of those fleeing. A sales rep for a moving company told me he has moved more Safes out of MD in the last year than the previous 30 years. I wrote to my Delegates/Senators in my District of the frustration of long time MD residents with increasing tax burden, social engineering and 2A they didn't care they rather see us gone and out of the political landscape.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom