• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Unknown User

Oct 19, 2014
    Maryland
    So, i had my informal review not to long ago and i feel really good about it, better than when i went in for my original face to face interview at the beginning of the process at the westminister barracks....without getting into to much detail i was told by the person cunducting the review that they have no problem giving me my permit as long as i provide a few more documents..... my application has been moved from disapproved to pending...... i wont give any hints to who that person was but all the troppers down there seems to be pretty good guys, real friendly....

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    So, i had my informal review not to long ago and i feel really good about it, better than when i went in for my original face to face interview at the beginning of the process at the westminister barracks....without getting into to much detail i was told by the person cunducting the review that they have no problem giving me my permit as long as i provide a few more documents..... my application has been moved from disapproved to pending...... i wont give any hints to who that person was but all the troppers down there seems to be pretty good guys, real friendly....

Are you the first test case for Pallozzi ?

Unknown User

Oct 19, 2014
    Maryland
    Are you the first test case for Pallozzi ?

I have no idea....I could tell by the topper actions and what was being told to me is that issuing the permit is not the problem, the problem seems to be a liability thing.
    It's almost as if the tropper wanted to approve me right there but decided to ask for more documents to keep on file...

Dec 31, 2012
    These types of threads serve no purpose if you won't give details of the reason for your success. We understand that there are many LEO who are pro-carry but they are limited by existing regulations and cannot just grant you a permit on the spot. Your permit will be granted on the basis of your G&S which is either documented threats or money/work. Generic information that you divulge here cannot be used against you.

moojersey

Sic Semper Tyrannis
    Sep 7, 2013
    Cecil County
    These types of threads serve no purpose if you won't give details of the reason for your success. We understand that there are many LEO who are pro-carry but they are limited by existing regulations and cannot just grant you a permit on the spot. Your permit will be granted on the basis of your G&S which is either documented threats or money/work. Generic information that you divulge here cannot be used against you.

+1 not bashing but serves no purpose other than to dangle a carrot in front of people who are chomping at the bit. Anonymous message on this board will have no bearing on whether you receive a permit. If it is busines / money related that's all you have to say. So stupid sorry but it is.

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County

+1 not bashing but serves no purpose other than to dangle a carrot in front of people who are chomping at the bit. Anonymous message on this board will have no bearing on whether you receive a permit. If it is busines / money related that's all you have to say. So stupid sorry but it is.

Agreed, the cocksuckers screwed me around for over 2 years before denying my permit, I'd like to know what your G&S was also so maybe I can try to get screwed over again.

FrankOceanXray

Ultimate Member
    Oct 29, 2008
    I have no idea....I could tell by the topper actions and what was being told to me is that issuing the permit is not the problem, the problem seems to be a liability thing.
    It's almost as if the tropper wanted to approve me right there but decided to ask for more documents to keep on file...

Dumb people and liars misspell.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014

I disagree. Now if Unknown User leaves us hanging, then we burn him at the stake. He just doesn't want to kybosh the whole deal til he holds his papers.

Unknown User

Oct 19, 2014
    Maryland
    I understand what you guys are saying....if it helps any and don't create a shit storm of applications I used self defense. My exact words on the application was "personal protection". I didn't provide any other information.

moojersey

Sic Semper Tyrannis
    Sep 7, 2013
    Cecil County
    I understand what you guys are saying....if it helps any and don't create a shit storm of applications I used self defense. My exact words on the application was "personal protection". I didn't provide any other information.

Thank you, that is really not a big deal ... that's all you had to say. There are other folks on this forum who are attempting the same thing. Forum member Gryphon is doing this very same thing and speaks openly about it. It is not a big secret. Also, what does it matter if it creates a shit storm of applications? I just don't understand people sometimes. Anyways good luck.

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County

Well I hope you get it, but if that's what you used I seriously doubt you get it, if you do let us know because I know a few thousand people who will be making some inquiries about why they didn't get theirs since they used the same reason.

moojersey

Sic Semper Tyrannis
    Sep 7, 2013
    Cecil County
    Honestly I wouldn't get your guys hopes up. I'd wait for Gryphon to report back since he is a more reputable source of information. Nothing against the OP, he could be completely legitimate for all i know (and i don't know much). But newish member (nothing wrong with that) + lowish posts (again nothing wrong with that) + acting like he is James Bond going in there for a permit + mispelling 'troopers' + concerned about a 'shit storm of applications' (who cares?) + vague statements + lack of details just makes me a bit apprehensive. Again I could be wrong, just pointing out the obvious.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom