• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Applehd

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 26, 2012
    My .02 If Maryland passes a law that allows out of State residents to carry in MD... and snubs their own citizens... would that not play well for fuel in a/the court case?

(frustrated)

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    My .02 If Maryland passes a law that allows out of State residents to carry in MD... and snubs their own citizens... would that not play well for fuel in a/the court case? (frustrated)

Remind anyone of Cuba? No sugar for you

Or Stalin? No grain for you

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    SNI is correct. I have FL,UT,VA and NV NR permits. UT is the only state with statutory language that requires a state to recognize UT and issue permits for UT to issue a NR permit.

Right now we're ok. I'd prefer the bill to pass, even if UT becomes no good. There are alternatives.

JPG

Ultimate Member
    Aug 5, 2012
    Calvert County
    SNI is correct. I have FL,UT,VA and NV NR permits. UT is the only state with statutory language that requires a state to recognize UT and issue permits for UT to issue a NR permit.

Right now we're ok. I'd prefer the bill to pass, even if UT becomes no good. There are alternatives.

I would bet that UT would make an exception in the law regarding MD in their next legislative session, if the bill passes as written.

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    I would bet that UT would make an exception in the law regarding MD in their next legislative session, if the bill passes as written.

I recall there was a similar bill last year and some GA delegates tried to contact the Utah folks about making a change, dblas should have some info on this.

Abacab

Sep 10, 2009
    MD
    Vallario's bill made it out of committee, no surprise there. 15-6 with amendments. No description of the amendments, yet.

Two of the Republicans who voted against it are former law enforcement and this bill puts constraints on LE agencies. I am very curious as to why the other Republicans voted NAY.

I think the bill was pretty good in its original version.

Update: they gutted the portion that required the state to return seized property immediately if no charges are filed within 90 days. Unfortunate but that's the way it goes

Last edited:

Mr H

Banana'd
    Heard a quote this morning from our favorite assbag, Ron Young, that I found very interesting. It was regarding the "Death with dignity" stuff, but still...

"A bad bill you can get passed in one session. Good bills take two or three."

Just wanted to put that out there, particularly as regards FSA13 and any other "good" bills we want/need.

Even he knows how it works.

Abacab

Sep 10, 2009
    MD
    Someone I completely missed the shell case repeal bill moving at all. Apparently it's on its way to the Governor. Wow.

It even says that MSP MAY dispose of what it currently has in inventory.

Even the most ardent gun grabbers like Sandy Rosenberg voted for it. It's amazing what they'll do when they get orders from leadership.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    If MSP really wanted some money they could sell the shell casings to those who reload.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Here is one that was not on my radar but I noticed it a day or two ago:

http://mgaleg.maryland.gov/webmga/frmMain.aspx?pid=billpage&stab=01&id=sb0067&tab=subject3&ys=2015rs

This bill adds felony home invasion to the definition of crime of violence.

Senator Lee seems to have a real axe to grind about these home invasions. Last year she sponsored a bill to increase the penalty on home invasions too. Not that I am complaining, I just gotta wonder why a Delegate From MoCo is worried about home invasions. I mean, all they will steal are the ponies and unicorns right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom