• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    That Alston woman is really on the mark it seems.

I'm not so sure about this western maryland guy, he seems a little bit hostile in a not good hostile way.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    The young lady you mention was quite engaging AND supportive. As long as she tells 2 friends, and so on... I consider it one of the best encounters of any sort I had today.

As for the highlighted bit... we have our OWN leprechaun... and he ain't helping.

:D

She was pretty cool. It was nice talking to her. I had positive encounters with every single person I spoke to while I had the sign on. One of the more fruitfull was the family from louisiana. They were just touring around annapolis, but were very supportive and said they wish they had more time so they could swing in and be part of he hearings. They took an MSI brochure and said they'd look in to it. I was also pleasantly surprised with the conversation at the bus stop.

There was a black family hanging out, waiting for the bus. The matriarch of the group asked about my sign. I explained that now law-abiding citizens can fill out the applications and go through the background checks, but end up losing their $140 without getting a permit to defend themselves because the state doesn't recognize self defense as a reason to get a carry license....they'd grant it if you need to protect a bank deposit, but not a life. They were all very supportive and wished me luck. It was cool to see.

We were pretty blessed to have good weather to work in.

Kilroy

Ultimate Member
    Jul 27, 2011
    Aww hell... Looks like I could have made it down there. I got off early today...

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    That Alston woman is really on the mark it seems.

I'm not so sure about this western maryland guy, he seems a little bit hostile in a not good hostile way.

at the least, it seems she's got an open mind. You should see her reaction in my video when the MSP trooper said something stupid. She's in the frame over his shoulder and cracks up with every dumb comment. I think she could be a friend with a little cultivation.

Mr H

Banana'd
    That Alston woman is really on the mark it seems.QUOTE]

I found her approach today interesting.

Very 'cool' to the "shall-issue" at first, even questioning the training requirements for the Utah (I think she did her homework and was building a case). She perked up at the revenues aspect--it seemed like something she hadn't realized before.

Later on, she revisited the Utah training, but more from a perspective of what it covered.

At the end of the HB45/1135 series, she even went back to the Conaway permit issue, really raking the MSP over it.

In short... I don't know if she changed her mind midway, or was really looking to solidify a case for Shall-Issue. Either way, I think she's on our side.

Time will tell.

hvymax

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 19, 2010
    Dentsville District 28
    I'll have to invite Alston and a few others over to the house to shoot. I heard a few others were working on a semi discrete shooting venue. Maybe Norton and Co could do the invites and I could grill something up and make sure to have plenty of sweet lemonade(official beverge).

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom