• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • platekiller

Ultimate Member
    Jun 7, 2011
    Martinsburg, WV
    Anyone check it out this morning? I may go over once my son gets up. We were planning a Walmart trip anyway. I will post what they have if anything when I get there.

ankrklankr

I usually don't have a problem w/employees utilizing whatever discounts and "advantages" they may have w/regard to store purchases. But I do have serious objections when that practice negatively impacts customers paying full price. I have worked for retail orgs that will not allow employee discounts & other advantages for purchases of certain popular, hard to find items; employees had to compete w/customers, off duty, as customers in the store.

With finding ammo in this environment, persistence, and a little bit of luck, is the key. Places like Dick's and WalMart have little or no say in when they get stuff; I believe Wally's World may be the same. They are dependent on their suppliers. And buyers have to have the good luck to be there when the items go on the shelves (if they make it that far).

Miykael

Feb 14, 2013
    Stopped in about 1 hour ago and the case was pretty much empty like usual. They did have a ton of large boxes of 12ga 2-3/4 shells on the end cap next to the case but that's about it. :sad20:

nedsurf

Ultimate Member
    Feb 8, 2013
    Hagerstown (off of 81) Walmart just had a bunch of hunting Calibers and shotgun. The guy working the counter said he got a bunch of .223 in this morning and it sold out within half an hour.

buzzsaw

Ultimate Member
    Feb 26, 2013
    Hagerstown
    Are the walmarts typically getting shipments in during weekday mornings? If so I may have to take a day off work and hit up a few of them... even with the 3 boxes per day limit, I'm within 30 minutes drive (any which way) of 4 different stores.

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    Are the walmarts typically getting shipments in during weekday mornings? If so I may have to take a day off work and hit up a few of them... even with the 3 boxes per day limit, I'm within 30 minutes drive (any which way) of 4 different stores.

Depends on the store. Some are 24/7 stores and some are not. From what I see the truckes come in when ever and the night shifts often put out the new stock. many times they do not get to it and then the day shift will put it out when they have time. I seen stock that I think came in the night before not put out until 3-4pm the next day.

It also depends on how hard of a worker that given sporting goods department is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Skarface

Latest threads

Top Bottom