• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • azmp1

Apr 11, 2012
    Carroll County
    Folks can we get a list going to help some of us (like me) to have a quick reference of what is NOT going banned comes 10/1. It's confusing as he'll out there.

I'll start with what I know:

AR10 and other AR10 style variants in .308
    AR15 HBAR (or is it Colt Sporter HBAR only?)
    FN SCAR

Sent from my iPad using Tapa...what?

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Folks can we get a list going to help some of us (like me) to have a quick reference of what is NOT going banned comes 10/1. It's confusing as he'll out there.

I'll start with what I know:

AR10 and other AR10 style variants in .308
    AR15 HBAR (or is it Colt Sporter HBAR only?)
    FN SCAR

Do a search, there are already several buried threads that started to do this.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    The OP's first post was a month ago. He only posts about banned or possibly banned guns. Might mean nothing. Then again, just sayin'. Either way, don't play along and risk being made a fool.

azmp1

Apr 11, 2012
    Carroll County
    Conspiracy much Boom Boom?
    Just because I'm new to the forums don't make me a cop or a troll or whatever else you may mean by your past... And how is anyone be a fool for posting a name of a gun that's legal? Wow. And the only reason I'm asking the questions is cause I'm confused just as thousands others who are also asking.

Apologies if this has already been posted, if someone can post a link I'd appreciate it. I did search...

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    Just because I'm new to the forums don't make me a cop or a troll or whatever else you may mean by your past... And how is anyone be a fool for posting a name of a gun that's legal? Wow. And the only reason I'm asking the questions is cause I'm confused just as thousands others who are also asking.

Apologies if this has already been posted, if someone can post a link I'd appreciate it. I did search...

Don't go getting yer panties in a wad because someone questions your question. You posed a question about "Assault Style Rifles". Many on this forum will tell you that there is no such thing as an "Assault Rifle". It is a term that was cooked up and wrongly used by those who are trying to remove ALL firearms from our hands and the 2A along with it. Folks are apt to be suspicious, understand that. :cool:

QuebecoisWolf

Ultimate Member
    May 14, 2008
    Anne Arundel

Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean that there's no one out to get you.

Make no mistake: the bad guys ARE here, watching this forum.

azmp1

Apr 11, 2012
    Carroll County
    That's fine. Really. It just sometimes looking down on a noob irks me a bit. Not everyone is knowledgeable about everything, but that don't me that person stupid or a noob. I've been purchasing Russian type weapons for many years and can school many when it comes to an AK, but I don't know crap about most other guns like AR's for instance, neither are the laws and regs around them outside the obvious.
    All I've always known is if I want it I can pretty much go and buy it whenever I desire and now I'm kinda freaking out that all that is changing and I want more guns :) so just trying to educate myself as much as I can.

altima98

Apr 6, 2008
    Silenced Air Rifle, thats not banned yet right... unless you live in NJ....

What ever your favorite gun shop is willing to sell you on and after 10/1

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    Don't go getting yer panties in a wad because someone questions your question. You posed a question about "Assault Style Rifles". Many on this forum will tell you that there is no such thing as an "Assault Rifle". It is a term that was cooked up and wrongly used by those who are trying to remove ALL firearms from our hands and the 2A along with it. Folks are apt to be suspicious, understand that. :cool:

Yep. And beyond the fictitious long gun type, he's asking for people to offer up a detailed list of what *IS NOT* banned. That's a rather odd question, since 99% of people here want to know what *IS* banned on Tuesday, for obvious reasons. He seems to think he's been called something and is throwing darts to figure out what. No matter.

Publius

Mar 18, 2013
    Ellicott City
    Aero blems lowers are at $75 + free shipping. Just picked up 3 today.

hey folks, just need to confirm...
    do 22lr reps fall under 1 purchase in 30 days rule? I just bought an AK and AR lower which put me in a 60 day more purchase and I don't have my collectors license yet...

so i'm looking at picking up an HK mp5 and maybe a SCAR rep, but don't know if I now need to wait 2 months.

I was told these were cash & carry and non-regulated, but I don't know if 30 day rule still applies to non-regulated guns.

Ok, so how does this work then... Say I have a blank receiver right now, I go and and finish it on Monday (or add another 10% to it), what next, How does that get recorded? And also, since all of a sudden I have regulated piece on my hands how does that affect the fact that I already tapped out my ability to buy regulated firearms for the next two month? (bought 4). Does that all of a sudden puts me over the top?

Hey thanks for all the responses folks, this is friggin confusing....

I added the underlying for emphasis.

azmp1, Boom Boom is right, your posting history raises some serious questions... how can you say you "just" picked up three AR lowers and the next day you say you "just" bought an AK and an AR lower and you still do not have a collector's license? If all the above is true you may end up in a state prison. If all the above is not true, then what are you up to in this forum? Either way you might end up banned from this forum. Not up to me, but just saying.

xdwaiter

Prodigy
    Feb 9, 2013
    hagerstown

Absolutely right roaddawg, I got my panties in a wad when I first joimed and some people said things to me that pissed me off but I realized they all had good reason to and didn't want a new person they never heard of hurting our cause.

But Roaddawg he used the term assault weapon that immediately raised my eyebrows I never refer to a firearm as a weapon or an assault weapon. I find that shocking to say the least.

keep us updated on your grand baby sir I wouldn't be surprised if you already have a .22 cricket at your house waiting for em

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013

azmp1, Boom Boom is right, your posting history raises some serious questions... how can you say you "just" picked up three AR lowers and the next day you say you "just" bought an AK and an AR lower and you still do not have a collector's license? If all the above is true you may end up in a state prison. If all the above is not true, then what are you up to in this forum? Either way you might end up banned from this forum. Not up to me, but just saying.

This.

OP - educate yourself. There is ample material available here and reading statutes/regulations.

Individual FFL's may not be able to track your purchases if you bounce around. It is your responsibility to know and follow the firearms laws as a citizen. Based on your posts, your purchase history is questionable and will most likely cause you some misery down the road. MDS is a community of law abiding citizens working to follow current law and fight the egregious infringements using legal and legislative solutions.

Benanov

PM Bomber
    May 15, 2013
    Shrewsbury, PA

I generally interpret this to mean that the person either lives out of state and is not subject to the 30-day pickup rule, or is full of male cow feces.

Sorry dude, go get someone else to get a list of all the scary black rifles your political masters missed banning this time around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom