• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    I do know that picture on the Groupon ad with the guy sporting the half assed IWB in his pants with no belt and too high up is pretty hurt-ing.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    I do know that picture on the Groupon ad with the guy sporting the half assed IWB in his pants with no belt and too high up is pretty hurt-ing.

I didn't look twice at the photo, I'm guessing it's stock because of how amateurish it is.

Here's a pic from their actual website; I don't know these guys, but this image tells a much better story:

MattK.jpg

Yes, I see he's not wearing his hearing protection, but he's indexing the mag properly and the grip looks good on the gun.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    I didn't look twice at the photo, I'm guessing it's stock because of how amateurish it is.

Here's a pic from their actual website; I don't know these guys, but this image tells a much better story:

MattK.jpg

Yes, I see he's not wearing his hearing protection, but he's indexing the mag properly and the grip looks good on the gun.

Tells you he doesn't care about his hearing. :lol2:

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011

MattK.jpg

I now Matt personally (the instructor in the pic) and this was an indoor demonstration of mag swap, so no hearing protection needed.

Matt is one of my Krav instructors as well as a very good firearms instructor.

Mention my name and they will be happy to charge you double. <grin>

BigT5g

Ultimate Member
    May 12, 2014
    Dayton MD
    The last requirement on the gear list is a protective cup? I'm out. lol

Only reason you'd need a cup would be if you were taking the self defense training (Krav Maga). 'Cause you know, anytime you can kick someone in the nutsack, you should! "No groin, no Krav Maga"... :D

BigT5g

Ultimate Member
    May 12, 2014
    Dayton MD
    And unfortunately that influences people's decisions.

Unfortunate indeed. I'll tell you what, it's hard to market to the gen pop in this industry. Groupon ad builders have no idea what they are looking at and they spend about 3mins constructing your ad especially if you are a small time client. They won't take the time to sift through merchant's submitted photos so they just toss in a stock image. :mad54:

BigT5g

Ultimate Member
    May 12, 2014
    Dayton MD
    We do Groupon deals and I can choose any photo that I want.

Must be nice.
    In our deal there was express language that we would not be able to choose the photo.
    I see that you are in VA. It may be that Groupon wanted to make sure the photo is as "neutral" as possible the market being in MD...?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom