• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bald Fat Guy

Oct 7, 2014
    * I admit I couldn't get the video link to work , so I'm commenting on the subject generally *

Actually it's a good thing to have a showdown like this with a GF .... it prevents having any gun issues with a wife.

Somewhat like 44Man , I never had any problems along those lines. I don't know if was because I had good selection skills , or if there was somthing in my aura that repeled all the gun hating females before I made my aproach.

Any woman instantly goes up two points on the hotness scale when they're armed.

The "Redneck Asian Girl" almost had me going, until I looked closely and saw she was holding an airsoft A fake gun get negative points.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    One of my ex's told me it was my guns or her. I sat there in silence, just watching her. When she started to get upset about me not doing anything, I told her I had made a decision. I took her by the hand and walked outside with her, let go of her hand and promptly walked back inside without saying a word to her. Apparently I'm an arsehole for standing up for my rights. She tried to get back together with me a bit later in life, but that wasn't gonna happen. I told her that I no long live in the same house and I travel all over for shooting competitions and get paid for it. Her head exploded...

Now that's funny. Well played Sir.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Arcamm

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Funny story: My wife got ME into guns :popcorn:

Now that's a good woman!

We'd still have it if people could have kept the damn nakedidity out of it.

I'm still pissed too SB!

My wife was a non-gun person. Didn't really object to them, but didn't see a need for having one either. She had never fired one. We had discussions about them when we were dating. I was pretty clear she was good on the idea of guns in the house before I proposed. When my Dad passed away, she had no problems with me moving his guns into the house. Once we escaped from MoCo and moved to Mt. Airy, because our house is kind of secluded, she felt better having them around.

Then when the dark ages were upon us 2013, I told her that I was going to bit the bullet (no pun intended) and purchase a regulated handgun. (I was one of those "fly under the radar" types) I expected a debate, but instead she looked me in the eye and without hesitation she said, "I should get one too". She did.

Keeper!

Z_Man

Ultimate Member
    May 23, 2014
    Harford County
    most of this lady's advice is reasonable and sound, not politically biased. She is not the typical urbanite upper middle class lady who is an "I HATE GUNS" and everything that isn't extra safe in my neighborhood shill. there are reasonable people in the world who aren't aggressively pro rights, sadly those people aren't in any form of power.

echo6mike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2013
    Close to DC
    most of this lady's advice is reasonable and sound, not politically biased. She is not the typical urbanite upper middle class lady who is an "I HATE GUNS" and everything that isn't extra safe in my neighborhood shill. there are reasonable people in the world who aren't aggressively pro rights, sadly those people aren't in any form of power.

Exactly. So how the FRAK did she get on slate dot com?!?!?

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Wife and I were already long together before my love for firearms materialized into actually owning them. I cannot convince her to go to the range with me, which is a huge shame. When I brought a bolt action .22 home, she didn't say much, but clearly wasn't thrilled. When the Glock 34 came home, she was pissed. I told her, "Too bad."
    It's better to beg forgiveness than ask permission, after all...

Honestly, I don't think she'll ever pick up one of my firearms. MANY folks in her family shoot, so I don't know where her rejection of it comes from. She as become supportive of me shooting though.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Naw! You can say she considered you an arsehole...but the real arsehole was her.

While I've dated a few women who were more or less just not into guns, I would never have dated a woman (even for 1 or 3 reason) who plain didn't like them. Hell, I only ever went out with one woman who was somewhat a Liberal...all of a few times

She didn't know I owned guns till she was up my ass one day, about when I was going to be free. Told her I'd be home in 30 minutes. She came over as I was in the process of cleaning about 5-7 guns, after a good range day at a friend's house. She saw them and flipped. Granted they were broken into sub assemblies on the table, except for the AR and the 700 SPS Varmint. At least she waited for me to finish cleaning them, before acting up.

So when I threw her out, a bunch of Hoppes and gun lube transferred from my skin to hers as I was holding her hand. Her dad called me wanting to know if I taught his daughter how to shoot. Told him that she was an anti gun POS and left it at that. He thought that was pretty funny. He and I still go shooting from time to time.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    When I met the woman who would become my Wife. I told her I work on guns and I was not giving it up. My Wife likes that about me, you know being manly and a protector and that kind of stuff.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    When I met the woman who would become my Wife. I told her I work on guns and I was not giving it up. My Wife likes that about me, you know being manly and a protector and that kind of stuff.

That's all women really want...some ain't figured it out yet...some never will.:sad20:

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    She: "no guns in the house!"

Me: "ok, I'll also remove the fire extinguishers, smoke detectors, light switch covers and..."

I like that.

Back in 1993, when I met the woman who became my wife (in '95), we just happened to drive down Marriottsville Road on our first date. We stopped at the Associated Gun Clubs range for a few minutes, so I could show her where I shoot. She was very positive about it.

The first time she visited my home, there was a rifle casually leaning against the bookcase. The next time, there was a slightly shorter rifle in the same spot. She laughed and said something about the rifles getting shorter. So the next time, an even shorter rifle was leaning there, then a carbine. Finally one day she visited and found a revolver leaning in the same spot, and she cracked up laughing.

zombiehunter

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2008

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    If he has more than one gun, then maybe he should try the same with girlfriend(s)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JOELEWIS419

Latest threads

Top Bottom