• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cicirich

Feb 10, 2013
    Ok. I just pm'ed them and email them to see if they'll accept the transfer. Hopefully this sale is still on by the time they get back to me.

reckless1911

Nov 19, 2012
    Odenton
    Yep.:thumbsup:

It's kinda bad form to expect a shop to transfer a firearm from someone else that they sell.

I always recommend contacting a shop first to ensure they'll accept the transfer and make sure you know the fee.

Yea but when you think about it, technically almost any shop can order you any currently manufactured gun that you can order online.. So in a way when they say they dont transfer what they sell is pretty much saying they dont transfer anything from another business that makes more off you than they will for the transfer... (which is their choicea and fine)

Think about it.. I called 3 different FFLs who all gave me the same excuse that they sell it so they wont transfer it, but then when i ask how much and do they have them in stock... NOPE gotta special order it for 300-400 bucks more than what this sale is for $999 shipped.

Im not trying to tell anyone how to run their business or even trying to be negative towards anyone, but its kind of dumb to expect someone to throw away 300-400 bucks just because the shops are known as cool people on the forum.. like you may not make a 1400 rifle sale but at least you will make a small transfer sale with the opportunity to build a relationship with a new customer who will come back and get a suppressor for their rifle instead of push them away to find another shop who will do that they need .

In the end Maryland Small Arms charges a high $75 fee and also offered to sell the rifle they had in stock but when I declined due to the price, they still were willing to accept the transfer.

$75 transfer fee + im already at the range and will be will tempted to shoot it immediately which will they will prob make another at least $60 off me after ammo and supplies.. So in the end they dont make a lot of money off the transfer and me going to the range after, but now they have my interest to pay more to transfer there consistently with the ability to immediately use my purchase and then I now recommend them to my friends and they make more money..

Thats how small business desicions make bigger gains later.... this is just my opinion :D

reckless1911

Nov 19, 2012
    Odenton
    side note.... I feel good.. treated myself to 2 new rifles in the past 4 days after taking care of family and ball and chain last month for christmas. Gotta see what else I can squeez in before valentines day..lol

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Cool. What was the other rifle?

I'm planning to shoot more rifle this year. Ammo prices are pretty much back to pre panic prices.

Your point about dealers not willing to transfer guns they can get is well taken. Like you, if it were a lot of money (difference between their price and an online deal), I might just keep looking for another dealer. So far, I've never found such a huge difference in price; plus my local dealers have to pay employees and rent for the shop. I'm ok with paying them an extra 5% or so (my guesstimate) to have a shop nearby where I can ask questions and sometimes handle a new gun. I've even called them a few times to double check if I'm giving advise and unsure.

Support your local shop. But 25% difference in price is considerable. Is it a special Mil/LEO deal or something? That's unusual.

reckless1911

Nov 19, 2012
    Odenton
    Cool. What was the other rifle?

I'm planning to shoot more rifle this year. Ammo prices are pretty much back to pre panic prices.

Your point about dealers not willing to transfer guns they can get is well taken. Like you, if it were a lot of money (difference between their price and an online deal), I might just keep looking for another dealer. So far, I've never found such a huge difference in price; plus my local dealers have to pay employees and rent for the shop. I'm ok with paying them an extra 5% or so (my guesstimate) to have a shop nearby where I can ask questions and sometimes handle a new gun. I've even called them a few times to double check if I'm giving advise and unsure.

Support your local shop. But 25% difference in price is considerable. Is it a special Mil/LEO deal or something? That's unusual.

I also bought a ISSC MK22 SCAR. I agree with you on supporting local dealers, I have bought all my pistols from a local shop knowing I was paying $100-130 more than I could get them online. I said since this shop is 10 mins from my house and I get to actually see what im getting, then I will eat up the price difference. But $300-400 is not something I through away without getting something back.

ericoak

don't drop Aboma on me
    Feb 20, 2010
    Howard County
    He said Issc scar not fn scar. You might be aware of that but your post sounded like you were talking about the .308 not the .22lr.

Cicirich

Feb 10, 2013
    Thanks OP. Just ordered one and had it transferred to Bollinger's. Brandi responded to me right away. Now to look for a decent Scope.

Sirex