• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nomo613

Nov 24, 2010
    pikesville
    I joined Masada Tactical about a month ago and figured it was about time to give them a shout out and share my experience on MDShooters. Masada Tactical (or CLINCH as it is also called) is located on Reisterstown Rd. and Old Court, just off exit 20 on the beltway in Pikesville.

Here is the description from their facebook page (it sums it up better than I can):
    "Established in 2007, Masada Tactical, LLC is today a nationally recognized provider of Tactical Training, including: Defensive Tactics, Firearms Training, Operational Driving, EP Training, and other specialized courses.

Borrowing from over three decades of military, law-enforcement, and security operations worldwide, our principals bring an unparalleled level of expertise and professionalism.

Masada Tactical provides tactical training for various military and law-enforcement units worldwide. Masada Tactical specializes in Close Quarter Battle/Warfare, be it hand-to-hand combat in confined spaces, use of firearms in a tactical manner, or restraint and control."

I currently take the yellow level ICS (Israeli Combat Systems) classes, yoga, Demolition, Cardio Fight, and weapons classes. I will post a little review on each class.
    ICS: Yellow is the first level which mainly focuses on stances, punches, kicks, getting out of physical restraints and some weapon disarming. The class uniform is BDU pants and their patch and shirt. Unlike other martial arts classes this is the real deal. You are wearing combat boots and BDUs because we train how we fight.
    Yoga: Pretty much a generic beginner yoga class.
    Demolition: This is an intense ab and weights workout. I am hurting just thinking about it. They hold no hostages.
    Cardio Fight: This is an intense workout based on the punching and kicking skills and techniques of the ICS class.
    Weapons: This is my personal favorite class. It's easy in terms of workout. It focuses on proper fighting/blocking/restraining/disarming with knives and batons.

They also hold special seminars. Last Sunday I took the TEMS (Tactical Emergency Medical Seminar). It was given by the owner who was a medic in his special forces unit in the Israeli Army. We simulated real life tactical emergency scenarios and practiced how to respond. It was super informative and interesting.
    Upcoming seminars include their basic handgun seminar, Israeli point and shoot technique (both will be held at Freestate) and their Sear seminar which teaches urban evasion skills like how to get out of handcuffs/zipties (aka basically getting kidnapped over and over again by sadistic trainers).

All in all a really cool place, awesome trainers, many who are ex military and law enforcement. They do have both civilian and law enforcement divisions where they train SWAT teams all over the country. They have free trial classes. It would be cool to see some of you there, so pm me if your interested and we can meet up!

here is a link to there fb page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Masada-Tactical-LLC/151020306594?id=151020306594&sk=photos_stream

and here are some pics

(Funny story for the fist pic) we were practicing long gun disarms in the parking lot in back of the gym when the instructor told us to put away all of the guns and equipment within 30 seconds. we raced up the stairs to the second floor past the jewelry store on the first. the owner of the store is cool with our training but he had just left the store and panicked customers ended up calling in an armed robbery as 25 people with training rifles raced past. next thing we know the street is blocked off and crawling with cops :innocent0 the officers who came in were really cool though :party29: What irony, the sheeple getting the sheepdogs in trouble:outta her

Attachments

• 1376398_10151596617346595_609817541_n.jpg
      1376398_10151596617346595_609817541_n.jpg
      58.6 KB · Views: 1,087
    • 74338_10151178154986595_1174187069_n.jpg
      74338_10151178154986595_1174187069_n.jpg
      61.5 KB · Views: 1,058
    • 1382012_10151596047876595_182417839_n.jpg
      1382012_10151596047876595_182417839_n.jpg
      41.8 KB · Views: 965
    • 1238191_10151844157304640_775491519_n.jpg
      1238191_10151844157304640_775491519_n.jpg
      54.9 KB · Views: 1,257
    Last edited:

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    LOOK AT ALL THOSE HOT FRUM GIRLS!!! WOO!

But, seriously, they seem pretty cool, seems like the sort of place my wife would like if we lived in Baltimore.

systemmaster

MDS Supporter
    Dec 31, 2009
    Lost
    They are good people with lots of real world experience.

Whatever you do, don't let Steve put you in a choke, instant nighty night.

aaronn

Aug 8, 2013
    Baltimore
    Looks great! I've met BK a few times as we're neighbors, and my office is a block away from their studio. I should drop by sometime.

nomo613

Nov 24, 2010
    pikesville
    Looks great! I've met BK a few times as we're neighbors, and my office is a block away from their studio. I should drop by sometime.

you really should drop by, monday at 6 or wednesday at 8. bk's training swat teams in GA this week, but the other trainers are just as epic :)

if you ever can make it, shoot me a pm beforehand so we can meet up :party29:

aaronn

Aug 8, 2013
    Baltimore
    you really should drop by, monday at 6 or wednesday at 8. bk's training swat teams in GA this week, but the other trainers are just as epic :)

if you ever can make it, shoot me a pm beforehand so we can meet up :party29:

Just saw your reply. Yeah, if I ever decide to get my butt up and moving I'll drop you a line.

OLM-Medic

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 5, 2010
    Do they make you sign a contract?

I kind of want to get back into Krav Maga or similar, but I would hate to have time constraints and waste my money.

Hjaalmarch

Jan 7, 2014
    I know this post began in 2013 but given that someone responded in Dec 14:

I trained in Buffalo at a Krav Worldwide place. Masada Tactical is way better. BK is an awesome (and hilarious) instructor, and the other instructors there like Vince and Ber are great as well. They train you to succeed.

In response to teh $, It can be a bit expensive for some, but most gym memberships are as well, and you will get just as fit while learning essential self defense skills. Also they have discounts for EMS, veterans, and police.

I have only been a member for a short time, but it is the best decision I made in the past year or so. I encourage everyone to try it out - For a quick preview, check out this video of a belt test that I shot & edited:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N85dk7y7ad4

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    I know this post began in 2013 but given that someone responded in Dec 14:

I trained in Buffalo at a Krav Worldwide place. Masada Tactical is way better. BK is an awesome (and hilarious) instructor, and the other instructors there like Vince and Ber are great as well. They train you to succeed.

In response to teh $, It can be a bit expensive for some, but most gym memberships are as well, and you will get just as fit while learning essential self defense skills. Also they have discounts for EMS, veterans, and police.

I have only been a member for a short time, but it is the best decision I made in the past year or so. I encourage everyone to try it out - For a quick preview, check out this video of a belt test that I shot & edited:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N85dk7y7ad4

Very cool video and thanks for the review.

Embedded for you:

I've taken a few of the half day seminars with Krav in Columbia. My guess is these are two different outfits, competitors?

How long was the test to go from level 1 to level 2 and to level 3? What level test was that? And how long did you train before attempting the level test? Your test class appeared to be about 10-12 folks, how many (if any) didn't pass this test?

Hjaalmarch

Jan 7, 2014
    There is a whole litany of different Krav schools. It's kind of like the Islamic Sunni/Shia split (ironic example considering the Jewish heritage): Everyone points out that THEY, in fact, are the ones who knew Imi Lichtenfeld the best (the founder of the system). Then they try to crap on the other systems and say "well, they're not REAL Krav Maga."

The KM places in Columbia and Owings Mills are run by Krav Maga Worldwide. I took it for 3 years at a KM Worldwide school in Buffalo NY before moving to Baltimore. I guess you could say that they're competitors to Masada Tactical, but they are quite different. For me, Worldwide is good and my teachers were good, but they were a bit too focused on their brand for my tastes.

This is not to say that you shouldn't take KM at all because of the infighting that happens between the different brands or franchises. It's a damn good system, oriented on survival and not katas. It is the system taught to the IDF, so they're not playing around with TKD spinning back kicks for the most part.

To answer your other question Minuteman: The belts are really just patches on your pants, as seen in the video. There are usually about 8-15 people that test each time, and you can see, they combine everyone in one test. The higher level belts are just required to show more advanced skills that they've learned as the test goes on. Everyone passed the last one in November - it was about 6 hours. Pretty tough shit. They did chokes, headlocks, fall breaks, sparring, and more, to include the colorfully termed "gang bang." That was the middle section of the video: One person stands in the center of 3 or 4 others, who put some kind of choke or headlock or other attack on them, which they must defend against. This goes nonstop for about 2 minutes - and this is already after 5 hours of other techniques - so by the end you see them slowly start to shut down. The point of it is, simply, Never Quit.

I didn't have enough classes to test that time, thus, me on the sidelines shooting the video. I had a great time though. Test coming up in March!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom