• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bboarder

Me Myself & I
    Mar 7, 2010
    Reisterstown
    Need a person that can work with CAD to take a set of hand drawn blue prints and turn them into CAD drawings. This is for my father who is working on a renovation for his home and the architect is super old school and still only works paper/ink. PM me if you have any interest and I can forward your information to him to review make contact. Please include phone/e-mail/ experience.

Thanks
    Alex

67temp

Jun 25, 2009
    Gettysburg, PA
    Alex, your request is a little vague. I assume it's because the permitting office wants the drawings in some form other than hand drawn? Such as printed, dwg or pdf? It might help to include the size of the renovation. IE currently 2k sq. ft. and adding 1k sq. ft..

Bboarder

Me Myself & I
    Mar 7, 2010
    Reisterstown
    Blue prints for a home renovation. Not 100% certain what he requires other than he wants someone who works in CAD to create drawings. They are needed for contractors to review, the architect used is a very creative and original person, but lacks in the detail department which is where having bids generated are as vague as the plans you presented.

If interested, PM me an e-mail and I will have him directly contact with what he is looking for.

Chris0nllyn

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 6, 2012
    Calvert County
    I use CAD daily, and would recommend simply sending it to a place that converts drawings. We do a lot of work where we have to take old "blueprints" and turn them into CAD drawings, instead of spending the time doing it ourselves, we send it off and it gets done in a day or so.

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    I use CAD daily, and would recommend simply sending it to a place that converts drawings. We do a lot of work where we have to take old "blueprints" and turn them into CAD drawings, instead of spending the time doing it ourselves, we send it off and it gets done in a day or so.
    :thumbsup:

There are places that can scan and vectorize the plans. Cheaper that way than spending hours recreating each plan.

Bboarder

Me Myself & I
    Mar 7, 2010
    Reisterstown

would you be kind enough to refer a place that converts drawings?

Brad

Mar 20, 2013
    Glen Arm
    I with CAD programs daily and have experience with this type of work as well, if the above does not work for you feel free to send me a PM and we can talk further. T

Just on a side note, it should not matter (permit wise) if the drawings are hand drawn or CPU drawn, as long as the detial/information is there.

Bboarder

Me Myself & I
    Mar 7, 2010
    Reisterstown
    I with CAD programs daily and have experience with this type of work as well, if the above does not work for you feel free to send me a PM and we can talk further. T

Just on a side note, it should not matter (permit wise) if the drawings are hand drawn or CPU drawn, as long as the detial/information is there.

Will do, and correct, we are not concerned with the permit department for the drawings, it is for bid purposes only.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom