• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Flipz

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2010
    Form 4 approved by Pickles on 01/04/12, pending since 07/12/11.

Wow, that was a long wait. I had one go pending with Pickles a week after yours and it got a approved a month before yours. I had another one go pending the same day as yours with Feltner and it got aprooved 2 months before yours. Weird how things work there.

What did you get?

wreckdiver

Ultimate Member
    Nov 13, 2008
    I'd really like to buy another can, but I'm kind of impatient and don't feel like waiting six months to play with a new toy. I've heard process times are supposed to be reduced soon, but it's kind of hard to imagine with BATFE downsizing again. My last transfer took longer at MSP than at the feds.

Markp

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2008
    I have a transfer in now... I hate this god awful ATF system.

Take what should be simple and turn it into a clusterfvck. I paid my tax, read the form, stamp it, and be done with it. You can't do a background check on a trust, so just stamp the motherfvcker paid!

Lex Armarum

Ultimate Member
    Oct 19, 2009
    I have a transfer in now... I hate this god awful ATF system.

Take what should be simple and turn it into a clusterfvck. I paid my tax, read the form, stamp it, and be done with it. You can't do a background check on a trust, so just stamp the motherfvcker paid!

Must be all those trusts I'm doing... :innocent0

LAD3DER

Aug 24, 2011
    Rockville, MD
    They're just hideously understaffed. This problem could probably be solved by the end of the year if Congress would allocate a million bucks or so towards the issue.

I dont think its really a money issue and thats its more of a "We dont give a shit." issue.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I dont think its really a money issue and thats its more of a "We dont give a shit." issue.
    That's really quite unfair. They processed ~105k NFA forms in 2010.

http://www.atf.gov/statistics/

If you could do better with the same resources (16 examiners), I'd be quite surprised. They just flat-out need more people there.

And, FWIW, I have a Sparrow that's awaiting approval, have 2 more SBR builds that will have forms sent out by the end of the month, AND expect to do at least one more SBR form before the year is out. I have every reason to be annoyed with the NFA wait, but let's put blame where it properly belongs: Congress.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    It may be a 6 month wait, but what are you going to to, wait LONGER to put in you paperwork? Get it in ASAP, rather than adding more time to the day when you and your NFA item can spend some quality time together.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Yep. Don't get into the NFA game if you're not prepared to 1) wait and 2) pay dearly for the privilege. Getting a handgun approved for the MD roster was a really nice training exercise for the NFA wait...

On the plus side, NFA items are more fun, and damned near everyone will ooh-and-aah when you bring out your sweet SBR/SBS/AOW/MG/can.

LAD3DER

Aug 24, 2011
    Rockville, MD
    That's really quite unfair. They processed ~105k NFA forms in 2010.

http://www.atf.gov/statistics/

If you could do better with the same resources (16 examiners), I'd be quite surprised. They just flat-out need more people there.

By my math each investigator needs to do 27 forms per day to process 105k in a year. I was under the impression the process went something like this - send the fingerprints out, wait for them to come back clean, proofread forms, approve/disapprove. It doesnt sound like alot, certainly not enough for a 6 month backlog. Though I have no idea what actually goes on there or the process involved, I'm just speculating. Regardless, 27 forms per day does not seem like a huge number to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom