• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MilsurpDan

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2012
    Frederick County
    Birthday was yesterday and the past 2 weeks I've been scouring the auction sights like a madman trying to find something that would strike my fancy, namely a nice No.1 Mk. III Enfield or a few other WW1 vintage firearms. I put up a good fight but I still struck out on everything I bid on. Feeling a bit down on my luck I decided to pay Lou a visit yesterday too see if he still had a little gem I noticed on the rack last week when I went to look at his Colt HBARs. Low and behold it was still there.

1954 vintage Marlin 336RC in excellent condition. I already have another 336 thats not in as good condition but once I saw this one I fell in love with it.

This one should make a great shooter and hunting rifle for this upcoming fall. Or I might not even take it out in the woods with me, I wouldn't want to ding up the purdy finish.

Oh, and I'd like to thank Mawkie and So-MD_Mustangs for taking their own time to help me with various values and scan the auction sights for me these past couple weeks. Glad to know most of the guys on MDS are a good bunch and willing to help out others.

Attachments

• DSCN2753.jpg
      DSCN2753.jpg
      92.7 KB · Views: 299
    • DSCN2756.jpg
      DSCN2756.jpg
      79.2 KB · Views: 283
    • DSCN2760.jpg
      DSCN2760.jpg
      70.9 KB · Views: 295
    • DSCN2761.jpg
      DSCN2761.jpg
      85.4 KB · Views: 295
    • DSCN2763.jpg
      DSCN2763.jpg
      48.4 KB · Views: 298
    • DSCN2764.jpg
      DSCN2764.jpg
      93.2 KB · Views: 290
    • DSCN2767.jpg
      DSCN2767.jpg
      88.8 KB · Views: 290
    • DSCN2768.jpg
      DSCN2768.jpg
      73.5 KB · Views: 295
    • DSCN2770.jpg
      DSCN2770.jpg
      92.1 KB · Views: 298
    • DSCN2771.jpg
      DSCN2771.jpg
      88.4 KB · Views: 290
    Jul 1, 2012
    1954 vintage Marlin 336RC in excellent condition. I already have another 336 thats not in as good condition but once I saw this one I fell in love with it.

Oh, and I'd like to thank Mawkie and So-MD_Mustangs for taking their own time to help me with various values and scan the auction sights for me these past couple weeks. Glad to know most of the guys on MDS are a good bunch and willing to help out others.

That is a pretty rifle! You'll have more fun with it than an S-H anyway :)

No problem with the help, just passing the karma on from those that help me...

newq

101st Poptart Assault BSB
    Mar 6, 2011
    Eldersburg, MD
    Very nice find. I envy your purchase very much sir! +1 on Mawkie, I think at first he was real irritated with me at first in the c&r forums but in the end took his time to tell me his side of the story.

I'd buy the man a beer for sure. "dems good people " :D

MilsurpDan

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2012
    Frederick County
    Happy Birthday.

The ones without the cross safety are always the way to go.

Nice find.

Thanks guys.

I agree, I won't buy one with the cross-bolt safety unless its a really nice M1894 in .44/.357 or a M1895 in .45/70. The "Remlin's" aren't on my list either

On another note, I think this rifle really compliments the Marlin 444S I picked up at a show in Howard county almost 2 years ago I got a screaming deal on. Not a C&R like this rifle, but it is also without the stupid cross-bolt safety.

Attachments

• DSCN2253.jpg
      DSCN2253.jpg
      61.1 KB · Views: 263

AC MkIII

Feb 18, 2011
    Calvert
    Nice rifles. Happy Birthday! My birthday was yesterday too but on the 27th.
    By the way I have a nice Marlin 1894 in 44. It is nice because I bought it new when I was 18. It when I was 18. :)

shaddydan

ADHD chicken fighter
    Oct 22, 2010
    Hydes
    Gorgeous! I love mine, it got me startedon a lever gun kick! Something about those old Marlins makes you want to go in the woods and shoot dinner!

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    You didn't tell me this was a birthday search, I would have doubled my efforts! In the end you didn't need my help to find something very fetching. Beautiful finish. Makes me want to look harder for that Ross .280 or Remington Model 81 in .300 Savage, the only two centerfire sporters I've ever longed for.
    Enjoyed helping you in the search. I've got an obsessive personality and it's nice to exercise it without emptying my bank account for once. I'm still gonna keep an eye out for a nice Lithy for you. I'm like the classic infinite monkey theorem: with a room full of monkeys on typewriter and given enough time we'll produce a Shakespearean play. Give me enough time and I'll come up with the perfect example to fit your means.

MilsurpDan

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2012
    Frederick County
    30-30 or 35 Remington? Nice looking either way.

It's in 30-30. I thought getting a .35 Remington would be cool, but that would just add to the 30+ different calibers I already have

Mawkie, anytime you or So_MD_Mustangs are in the Mount Airy area, I'll buy you guys a beer of your choice (if you drink that is :D)

Still contemplating ordering a PU sniper from AIM or one of the other vendors as a late Bday present to myself. I just need a little convincing from somebody.

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    It's in 30-30. I thought getting a .35 Remington would be cool, but that would just add to the 30+ different calibers I already have

Mawkie, anytime you or So_MD_Mustangs are in the Mount Airy area, I'll buy you guys a beer of your choice (if you drink that is :D)

Still contemplating ordering a PU sniper from AIM or one of the other vendors as a late Bday present to myself. I just need a little convincing from somebody.

Some day indeed! I'm a teatotaler but a cold beverage will do. I'm always in the Mt Airy neighborhood on my road bike. So many club rides use the hills around there for a good workout.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom