• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Engage Instructor

Industry Partner
    Oct 27, 2011
    Two spots left!

We will be posting or January schedule sometime in the middle of December.

Calengor

wishes he were spike
    Apr 13, 2009
    Frederick, MD
    SBRs allowed? Would a UCIW be too short, with having an 8" barrel? My MK18 clone is not cycling properly at the moment. I do have a non-SBR I can use.

Engage Instructor

Industry Partner
    Oct 27, 2011
    SBRs allowed? Would a UCIW be too short, with having an 8" barrel? My MK18 clone is not cycling properly at the moment. I do have a non-SBR I can use.

You may bring any legally owned AR's chambered in the stated calibers

What are the credentials of the instructor/s?

Copy and pasted from my resume:

Andrew James Wynne
    Engage Armament Firearms Instructor

United States Marine Corps, 2007-2011

Corporal (Got promoted to Sergeant in the IRR) –Served a 4 year, 3 month contract with the U.S. Marine Corps. While in garrison participated in numerous combat oriented schools both conventional and unconventional.
    Gained an instructional background in Marksmanship and has been known to take pride in his enabling of shooters both conventional and special operations personnel. Participated in numerous experimental shooting packages that pushed all shooters to their maximum capabilities in weapons manipulation. Attended Marine Corps Machine Gunners course three times becoming proficient in the manipulation of M2HB .50 cal Heavy Machine Gun, M240 7.62mm Medium Machine Gun, and MK-19 Machine Gun. Attended TACOM RG33SVA1 Operators Course and received instruction and qualification on the Remote Weapon System (RWS) and Crows 2 Weapon Systems that utilizes the M2HB, M240, M249, and MK-19 Weapon Systems. Also qualified operator of the MK44 Mod 3 7.62mm Mini Gun.

One combat to Afghanistan supporting SOCOM units as a part of the engineers in Special Operations Task Force 82 part of 2nd Marine Special Operations Battalion. Participated in over 50 tactical ground movements supporting forward operating bases in the northern, eastern and southern regions of Afghanistan. Supported Army, Navy, Marine Corps, and other NATO Special Forces Organizations and they’re operational tempo for Village Stability Operations. Support operations included Base Force Protection Construction, Patrolling, Bridge Demolition, Heavy Equipment Operation, Local National Protection during Medical Clinics, Tactical Ground Movements and Logistical Convoys, and Coordinated, assisted and planned Exterior Perimeter Security positions.

Outline

U.S. Marine Corps Metal Working Welder MOS School
    Aberdeen Proving Grounds, MD 2007

• Marine Combat Training, Camp Geiger, NC
    Squad Assault Formations, CQB, Weapons Training, 2007

• Marine Corps Machine Gun Familiarization Course , Camp Lejeune, NC
    Manipulation of M2HB, M240, and MK19 Machine Guns, 2008

• Rifle Combat Optic Instructors Trainers Course, Camp Lejeune, NC
    Instructor of the Rifle Combat Optic, PEQ-15/16 Laser Module, PVS-14 Night Vision Device, 2008

• Combat Marksmanship Coach MOS School, Camp Lejeune, NC
    Trains and Instructs shooters on the M16/M4, M9 weapon systems for yearly qualifications, Gained second MOS 0933 Combat Marksmanship Coach 2008-present

• USMC Basic Urban Skills Training (BUST), Camp Lejeune, NC
    Close Quarters Battle, Raid Operations, Urban Terrain Navigation, Urban Patrolling, Tactical and Clandestine Entry, Dynamic Mechanical Breaching, 2008

• Table Three Modified Dynamic Shooting Course, Camp Lejeune, NC
    Advanced Manipulation and Movement Techniques for the M4A1 and M9 Weapon Systems, 2009

• MARSOC Survival, Evasion, Resistance and Escape School (SERE), Camp Lejeune, NC
    Survival, Evasion, Resistance and Escape Techniques in the event of enemy capture 2009

• Tactical Combat Casualty Care (TCCC), Camp Lejeune, NC
    Instruction on advanced combat casualty care techniques for common and uncommon injuries on the battle field. 2009

(Nod to Tom Perroni, great course!)

• TACOM RG33SVA1 Course, Camp Pendleton, California
    Instruction and certification on operating RG33SVA1 MRAP, CROWS 2, RWS, MK44 MOD 3 7.62mm Mini Gun Familiarization, Radio Frequency/IED Defeat Jamming Equipment, Advanced Camera Systems. 2010

Intermittent field ops and training unnamed but spread out evenly between the schools and daily grind in the Marine Special Operations Group Engineers Section.

Engage Instructor

Industry Partner
    Oct 27, 2011
    I am huge fan of the HSGI Taco Mag pouches and they are the only ones I use exclusively on all my kit. They are pretty much the one stop shop when comes to mag pouches. I run both an AR15 and SCAR-H and they fit both mags perfectly and retain them as well as draw easy.

vin

Ultimate Member
    Mar 19, 2009
    Bowie, MD
    Guys, I'm really sorry, but I'm not going to be able to make it :( . Scheduling conflict came up. I'll be watching for more classes come spring. Thanks for holding a spot anyway.

Calengor

wishes he were spike
    Apr 13, 2009
    Frederick, MD
    Did some preparing for tomorrow:

Attachments

• Preparedness.jpg
      Preparedness.jpg
      57.3 KB · Views: 78

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics