• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • I think I will join the movement, but I'm wondering what is the best strategy. I'm in Baltimore County. We have Brochin, but my reps are conservative pro 2A. So my county is borderline, leaning conservative.

So what is the best strategy, to support the most liberal nut job Democrat so that he/she won't get elected but risk the possibility that they will, or to support the most moderate to conservative and end up with someone like Brochin who in my example did get elected because he cast himself as a conservative leaning Democrat but then turned on us to do his masters bidding?

Does my question make sense?

occbrian

Ultimate Member
    Jan 3, 2013
    in a cave
    I think I will join the movement, but I'm wondering what is the best strategy. I'm in Baltimore County. We have Brochin, but my reps are conservative pro 2A. So my county is borderline, leaning conservative.

So what is the best strategy, to support the most liberal nut job Democrat so that he/she won't get elected but risk the possibility that they will, or to support the most moderate to conservative and end up with someone like Brochin who in my example did get elected because he cast himself as a conservative leaning Democrat but then turned on us to do his masters bidding?

Does my question make sense?

In your case, the #1 goal is to vote Brochin out. At any cost. What's the worst that can happen? You get a far left dem who votes to take away your 2nd amendment rights?

The strategy is to support the most viable candidate not named Brochin. That goes for any Delegate or Senator who in any way voted for this garbage.... cloture, committee, floor.... any vote.

OK, I understand that I want to get rid of Brochin. In fact I already told him that this was my goal, to get rid of him and to get all my friends, family and neighbors to get rid of him. He didn't reply to that email by the way. I was just using him as an example.

Just imagine it's for delegate then. Do I support the moderate conservative leaning democrat or the liberal wackjob? I might support the wackjob because he won't likely get elected in Baltimore county, right? But then what if he does? Or do I support that fictitious moderate democrat because it's better than a gun grabber, but risk the chance the guy wins over the actual conservative Republican?

Another way of looking at it is am I trying to torpedo or reform the Democratic party?

DarthZed

Ultimate Member
    Sep 25, 2010
    Howard County
    I agree... but here's the deal.

At the end of the day, I could care less who these people are replaced with. As long as they are replaced.

That is the attitude that will get this done.

I'm just afraid that many will not be so willing. And if the chosen candidate is not strong enough (read Center/Left enough) to pose a real threat to the serving Dem, then all this would be for nothing. And as I said, we will need some sort of coordination. If there are several acceptable 2A candidates in a district, then our vote would be split. Someone needs to have authority to decide "this candidate, not that one". Does everyone remember Ross Perot?

hogrider

Jan 23, 2013
    Sent!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------

Delegates:

Please be aware...that we the people...will not forget how you voted on HB284.

You may fear retribution from OMalley if you vote against HB284, however you won't need to worry.

Hundreds, if not thousands of us, have changed our political affiliation to DINOs...Democrats in name only, with the sole purpose, that should ANY of you Democrats vote for HB284, we will be there come next election to make sure that we vote in the Democratic primary for your opposition.

Actions, have consequences.

Please remember that we the people are watching you, when you cast your vote for HB284.

Sincerely
    me

Fishguy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2009
    Montgomery County
    That is the attitude that will get this done.

I'm just afraid that many will not be so willing. And if the chosen candidate is not strong enough (read Center/Left enough) to pose a real threat to the serving Dem, then all this would be for nothing. And as I said, we will need some sort of coordination. If there are several acceptable 2A candidates in a district, then our vote would be split. Someone needs to have authority to decide "this candidate, not that one". Does everyone remember Ross Perot?

You are overthinking it. As long as we actually get them out of office like we say we will, then they understand there are consequences. When their replacements come into office, we then make it known to them what we can and do accomplish.

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

Mr H

Banana'd
    DarthZ: agree with you, there has to be unity among DINOs on a primary candidate to vote for, and not just against.

We should be voting for the most likely candidate to win against the incumbent, not necessarily the one we want to see in office. Short-term this is solely about getting those who voted for SB-281 voted out, even if it means replacing them with someone just as bad.

I brought this up a while back, and in general I agree (in terms of making the broad point).

But, in an ideal circumstance, I believe a DINO should invoke the Buckley Rule (where possible)... Vote for the most conservative candidate who has a chance to win.

moo-cow

Moo!
    Dec 4, 2010
    MoCo
    Sent!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------

Delegates:

Please be aware...that we the people...will not forget how you voted on HB284.

You may fear retribution from OMalley if you vote against HB284, however you won't need to worry.

Hundreds, if not thousands of us, have changed our political affiliation to DINOs...Democrats in name only, with the sole purpose, that should ANY of you Democrats vote for HB284, we will be there come next election to make sure that we vote in the Democratic primary for your opposition.

Actions, have consequences.

Please remember that we the people are watching you, when you cast your vote for HB284.

Sincerely
    me

I am pretty sure you mean HB294... I think they will figure it out though. :o

DarthZed

Ultimate Member
    Sep 25, 2010
    Howard County
    You are overthinking it. As long as we actually get them out of office like we say we will, then they understand there are consequences. When their replacements come into office, we then make it known to them what we can and do accomplish.

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

My point is that we can't "get them out of office" without beating them in a primary (which is the whole point of this exercise). And we can't beat them in the Primary unless we select candidates whose positions allow them compete in a Democratic Primary, with mostly Democratic voters, who hold Democratic positions on most subjects; we also ALL need to vote for the same candidate; so as not to divide the voting block.

Free Stater

Semper Paratus
    Mar 12, 2013
    Baltimore City
    OK, I understand that I want to get rid of Brochin. In fact I already told him that this was my goal, to get rid of him and to get all my friends, family and neighbors to get rid of him. He didn't reply to that email by the way. I was just using him as an example.

Just imagine it's for delegate then. Do I support the moderate conservative leaning democrat or the liberal wackjob? I might support the wackjob because he won't likely get elected in Baltimore county, right? But then what if he does? Or do I support that fictitious moderate democrat because it's better than a gun grabber, but risk the chance the guy wins over the actual conservative Republican?

Another way of looking at it is am I trying to torpedo or reform the Democratic party?
    If you are anywhere but the mountains or the Eastern Shore, I would not rely on a Democrat being "too liberal to win" in Maryland.

The odds are severely stacked against that plan working out. I would use the primary to get the the most conservative or "libertarian" Democrat nominated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom