• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    It must be difficult for FFL's who do a lot of nfa stuff to have 7 months of sold items on the shelf plus new inventory.
    I suspect that layaway guns take up more space, or such was my impression after talking with one IP.

I've been seeing online that the NFA examiners now each have a couple assistants (currently in training). The assistants are being hired on a contract basis, which is how they're skirting the current BATFE hiring freeze. That's nice, because:
    http://www.randominfo.net/NFA/WaitTimeTrend.php

He has a new May update up, and it's not good news. Wait time is now increasing 1 day every 2.5 days. That is just flat-out nuts.

F-Stop

Ultimate Member
    Feb 16, 2009
    Cecil County
    erwos said:
    I suspect that layaway guns take up more space, or such was my impression after talking with one IP.

I've been seeing online that the NFA examiners now each have a couple assistants (currently in training). The assistants are being hired on a contract basis, which is how they're skirting the current BATFE hiring freeze. That's nice, because:
    http://www.randominfo.net/NFA/WaitTimeTrend.php

He has a new May update up, and it's not good news. Wait time is now increasing 1 day every 2.5 days. That is just flat-out nuts.

Didn't think about layaway. I was hoping to see a few stamps in July and September. Now I may only see one this year. Thanks for the info.

Howe

Howe
    Apr 27, 2010
    exMD
    Got background back and mailed in form 4 on 4/23/12. You guys think I will get it before Thanksgiving?

Last edited:

dirtybird

Mar 20, 2010
    Good news is there seems to be some movement lately, lots of mid to late November pending dates getting stamps back according to NFA tracker, albeit mostly in the SW region, so 6-7 months from pending is the deal and climbing.

bcr229

FFL/SOT
    Jul 15, 2011
    Inwood, WV
    It must be difficult for FFL's who do a lot of nfa stuff to have 7 months of sold items on the shelf plus new inventory.
    Not really. While we're waiting on the forms to come back the firearms just get boxed up or cased up, and stored out of the way in a safe.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Got background backed and mailed in form 4 on 4/23/12. You guys think I will get it before Thanksgiving?
    No chance unless things start improving very soon. I sent in some earlier that month, and I'll be immensely pleased if I see them before the end of the year.

Howe

Howe
    Apr 27, 2010
    exMD
    No chance unless things start improving very soon. I sent in some earlier that month, and I'll be immensely pleased if I see them before the end of the year.

ARRRRRRR.............

Well, good to know so I won't be bothering Rick at Glad Valley. Good dealer kept putting up with my crap. :thumbsup:

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Ha, my Galil SAR build isn't even at the form 4 stage yet... I'll be lucky to be shooting it a year from now. So, yes, I feel your pain.

Billman

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?
    May 18, 2010
    Sykesville, MD
    The waiting is over, approved on 04/26 by Sara Jones. :party29:
    It's metal, squarish and Reagan was President when it was manufactured.
    Care to guess?

FWIW, I called today to check the status of my form 4, I promised myself I wasn't goin to call. But anyway...

Forms mailed on 09/27
    Pending 10/12

Today's update, pending as of 10/12, not the answer I had hoped for.

7 months since the forms were dropped in the mail, oh well, I'll just forget about it for a bit.

Billman

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?
    May 18, 2010
    Sykesville, MD
    I would spend every spare cent if the NFA wait was shorter. The wait really does discourage me from buying more toys. Maybe "they" know this will happen to some folks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom