• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    Registration is now open for Peacemaker's first USPSA and Steel Challenge matches of 2016.
    Right now they don't have the bays to do all 8 stages of Steel Challenge in the same month but instead of doing the same 5-6 as 2015 they will be rotating the 6 stages setup among all 8 official stages so shooters will be able to shoot all 8 throughout the year.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    late notice, but quantico has steel challenge tomorrow unless it was cancelled today.

i thought pntc's website said all 8 stages, maybe not.

definitely can't wait to hit all the various matches at pntc in march!!! and other venues as well of course.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    fyi i'm signed for uspsa at greater richmond next sat 20th and quantico uspsa 21st. (www.matchsignup.org). i know a long drive for you md folks.

also, peacemaker announced (unfortunately) they're not doing any uspsa this year.

justeric

Apr 6, 2010
    Hats off to Eric M. for doing such a great job setting up and running the Steel matches at PNTC! If you have not done one yet, I suggest you shoot one this year.

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    Well it looks like Peacemaker has opted out of USPSA for 2016 due to extra events and such this year. That means they are doing all 8 stages in the Steel Challenge after all as they will have enough bays. Also means no AM/PM shifts just one match time and you can still sign up for 2 guns.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    just a reminder that Peacemaker (www.peacemakernational.com) west of Frederick, below Hagerstown and above Winchester, is having an 8 stage steel challenge match tomorrow (Sat 3/5). Not too many local ranges do all 8 stages at one time.

This is an excellent entry point into competitive shooting for all of you that want to join in the fun. Peacemaker is very newbie-friendly. Bring what you got and we'll help you make it work. .22 rifle or pistol or centerfire pistol 9mm, 40, 45 or the like . You will need at least 2-3 mags but more is better as each stage has 5 strings of fire. You can start at low ready if you don't have a holster or aren't comfortable drawing from one.

I'm on squad 3 that currently has two open spots and will definitely help any newbie who wants to get started.

200 rounds min, I'd bring 300+ just to be safe.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    steel challenge is supposed to follow mag capacities in uspsa (eg production is 10+1), but if folks bring 2-3 "regular size" 17 or so round mags, generally they can just load them up and that will get them thru a stage. if all you have is 8-10 round mags then yes pls bring five + or make sure you have a buddy reload them for you as you're shooting.

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    Always bring 6 loaded to 10 or at least have enough full mags so you can do a reshoot if required. Three 17 rd. mags fully loaded or the equivalent. If you have not shot it before then bring way more than 250 rds. and a 4th mag would be nice.
    Also for first timers I suggest you start out shooting only as fast as you can hit the targets especially the first run. Then see if you can speed up and still hit everything. Too many try shooting fast like shooting at USPSA paper which does not work well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom